Draft Discussion 2019

Rgossett07

15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Daniel Jones is, honestly, the only QB in this draft class I really want anything to do with.

That's crazy to me. He's the one guy I want this team to steer clear from. He is Tannehill 2.0. 

Like freak of nature said, I wouldn't touch him until late 2nd. Obviously not going to last until then but just saying.

Everyone needs to listen to what Grier is saying. This is a 3/4 year process. Don’t go drafting a QB in the first cause the media says so.

Its widely known this is the weakest QB class since 2013 (that class was atrocious).  Haskins needed another year. Murray should have chosen baseball.  I do think one of Jones, Grier, Stidham or Lock will go to a “good situation”, sit a few years and become a solid starter. But no one in the class can start day 1. 

Tua, Herbert and Fromm would all be the top QB prospect this year..  As a fan it will suck to see them be 3-13 or 4-12 but it’s necessary.  2021 or 2022 is the goal.  Not 2019.  Love the idea of taking Rypien or Stidham late (5th or 6th round) but go out and get some one that can throw the ball a bit and be a positive influence in a very very young locker room.  Someone that sets a great example.  

I keep saying it.... drafting a QB is a gamble. Derek Carr’s contract is team friendly after 2019. If the raiders fall in love with one of the guys in this years draft, would you give up Charles Harris (or mike gesecki) and a 3rd for him?  He played really good football with absolutely nothing.  Flacco fetched a 4th.  Giants can’t afford Carr and neither can the Jags. Once Miami gets Branch, Quinn, Parker and Tannehill off the books, they will have plenty of cash.  Carr doesn’t work out, you can dump him for next to nothing early 2020.  

Tradimg back and collecting more picks would be ideal  Miami is going to have a ton of needs. Stock piling DE/DL and OL should be the focus.  

On 2/16/2019 at 4:32 PM, Rgossett07 said:

Everyone needs to listen to what Grier is saying. This is a 3/4 year process. Don’t go drafting a QB in the first cause the media says so.

Its widely known this is the weakest QB class since 2013 (that class was atrocious).  Haskins needed another year. Murray should have chosen baseball.  I do think one of Jones, Grier, Stidham or Lock will go to a “good situation”, sit a few years and become a solid starter. But no one in the class can start day 1. 

Tua, Herbert and Fromm would all be the top QB prospect this year..  As a fan it will suck to see them be 3-13 or 4-12 but it’s necessary.  2021 or 2022 is the goal.  Not 2019.  Love the idea of taking Rypien or Stidham late (5th or 6th round) but go out and get some one that can throw the ball a bit and be a positive influence in a very very young locker room.  Someone that sets a great example.  

I keep saying it.... drafting a QB is a gamble. Derek Carr’s contract is team friendly after 2019. If the raiders fall in love with one of the guys in this years draft, would you give up Charles Harris (or mike gesecki) and a 3rd for him?  He played really good football with absolutely nothing.  Flacco fetched a 4th.  Giants can’t afford Carr and neither can the Jags. Once Miami gets Branch, Quinn, Parker and Tannehill off the books, they will have plenty of cash.  Carr doesn’t work out, you can dump him for next to nothing early 2020.  

Tradimg back and collecting more picks would be ideal  Miami is going to have a ton of needs. Stock piling DE/DL and OL should be the focus.  

Absolutely, yes. Please take him.

51 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

No Murray talk yet here? What does everyone think? I'm not a big fan myself, especially in the 1st round. 

If we do draft him, I don't see how we can without also spending multiple early picks (Round 2-4)on the OL. He's small and a rookie. 

I have a bad feeling he's going to be a Dolphin. A very, very bad feeling.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I have a bad feeling he's going to be a Dolphin. A very, very bad feeling.

Same.  I absolutely can picture a scenario where Ross can't keep his grubby hands out of the decision making and mandates the FO to select him for a "splash".  To be fair, I think Murray will be an exciting, fun QB in the NFL.  I think he can play.  I just don't think he will last very long with that frame.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

Same.  I absolutely can picture a scenario where Ross can't keep his grubby hands out of the decision making and mandates the FO to select him for a "splash".  To be fair, I think Murray will be an exciting, fun QB in the NFL.  I think he can play.  I just don't think he will last very long with that frame.

least of all behind our OL

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

least of all behind our OL

Even a normal-sized QB will have issues with that interior OL.  There will be plenty of good DL prospects available at 13 (assuming no legit trade back options) and then hopefully a guy like Elgton Jenkins, Erik McCoy, or Chris Lindstrom are there in the 2nd.