Around The League V.2

Totty

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My new mock I’m flirting with the idea of trading 4 & 27 (2480) to nyg for 6 & 17 & 95 (2670) so they can secure a qb. Fits since nyg wants to keep 2 firsts

Would give us a chance to get two from this group:

Sweet/Burns/Ferrell/Gary

Like the sound of it :)

Eagles got Jordan Howard for free basically. I don’t think it has anything to do with Mack’s contract. Bears offense was better without Howard in the field. 

Big pick up for the Eagles now they don’t need to spend a highly draft pick on a RB. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Eagles got Jordan Howard for free basically. I don’t think it has anything to do with Mack’s contract. Bears offense was better without Howard in the field. 

Big pick up for the Eagles now they don’t need to spend a highly draft pick on a RB. 

Jordan Howard On the surface his YPC had gone down steadily  his rookie year looks like an outlier no ?

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Jordan Howard On the surface his YPC had gone down steadily  his rookie year looks like an outlier no ?

There is nothing special about Howard. 6th Round Pick was fair imo. There’s about five backs I’d select in the 5th-6th area over Howard. 

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

His YPC had gone down this past year. 

He just didn’t fit the offense with that type of offense you have to have good hands and Howard didn’t give them that flexibility. 

Howard while not special is a proven 1,000 yard rusher when in a offense that fits him. And the Bears were never gonna get anything good for him cause they don’t value the RB anymore.

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Which one do you think is more realistic?

I think the Giants would be more likely to give up the 3rd for the opportunity to have 2 players with 5th year options.  I think the 3rd round pick is more valuable to us than having 4 players with 5th year options for use.  The trade value is almost a wash and I would be happy with getting a 3rd back to have the chance to grab a player at base end  like LJ Collier.  My opinion about the trade could change depending on Who is there at 27 but that is a chance I would have to take.  Would definitely start off by offering the 2nd option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think the Giants would be more likely to give up the 3rd for the opportunity to have 2 players with 5th year options.  I think the 3rd round pick is more valuable to us than having 4 players with 5th year options for use.  The trade value is almost a wash and I would be happy with getting a 3rd back to have the chance to grab a player at base end  like LJ Collier.  My opinion about the trade could change depending on Who is there at 27 but that is a chance I would have to take.  Would definitely start off by offering the 2nd option.

My thoughts exactly 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:01 PM, NightTrainLane said:

Why should we stop bring up how he can perform when we have a decent team around him. Whatever man. Remember to keep that same energy down the road.

To be fair, Alex Smith comparison is quite fair. The numbers are strikingly similar. Even the PFF Honchos say Smith is the closest thing to him in his style of play. It’s not an insult, Smith is a good QB. But Carr is a Game Manager 535i where Alex Smith is more of the Game Manager 328i series. 

Just because Carr arm is very powerful does not mean he has ever or will ever utilize that to it’s full potential. He has never been that accurate downfield and has never averaged 8.0 YPA in the Pros or College. Not to mention he checked down more than any QB in football the past two years when it was unnecessary to do so. Believe it or not our Pass Pro graded 4th best in 2017 and Carr was still a checkdown machine. It was 26th in 2018 but he still went to it way to early. 

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Oh my bad I clicked first page when I thought I clicked last page. My bad for the super old quote NTL. 

Now you did it.  We have a Carr thread and we re going to confuse everyone into posting about Carr here.  Can you please stick to the recent comments and just agree or like mine.