Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Define otherworldly...in terms of production...

Mostly eye test. His awful deep accuracy needs to improve. His awful pocket presence needs to improve. Needs to look a lotttt better better under pressure. Stop being captain checkdown, think he checked more than Eli last year, and take some more deep shots. Carrs air yards were dead last in the NFL last year. 

If you want a stat line...

30 TDs

7 INTs 

4200-4500 yards

8.2 YPA

TD numbers are forgivable if we are an awful football team. However, he really needs to improve that YPA by taking more attempts beyond 10 yards. His entire college and NFL career he has never ecliped 7.6 I believe. Unacceptable for a QB this day and age in the NFL. At least a really good one anyways. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr is trash and needs to be otherworldly this year to keep his job.

yeah Carr is the issue..  not the new system and changing it every year, wideouts being Brandon Lefell off the coach, Roberts who sucks, nelson who is now retired and a 7th rounder as one of the top targets...two rookie tackles... ya Carr sucks

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yeah Carr is the issue..  not the new system and changing it every year, wideouts being Brandon Lefell off the coach, Roberts who sucks, nelson who is now retired and a 7th rounder as one of the top targets...two rookie tackles... ya Carr sucks

Carr sucked in 2018 and 2017 and 2014. Average in 2015 and pretty solid in 2016 with the #1 Pass Protection in Football and two #1 WRs. 

It’s a make or break year for Carr whether you want to accept it or not (if he even survives the draft...)

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mostly eye test. His awful deep accuracy needs to improve. His awful pocket presence needs to improve. Needs to look a lotttt better better under pressure. Stop being captain checkdown, think he checked more than Eli last year, and take some more deep shots. Carrs air yards were dead last in the NFL last year. 

If you want a stat line...

30 TDs

7 INTs 

4200-4500 yards

8.2 YPA

TD numbers are forgivable if we are an awful football team. However, he really needs to improve that YPA by taking more attempts beyond 10 yards. His entire college and NFL career he has never ecliped 7.6 I believe. Unacceptable for a QB this day and age in the NFL. At least a really good one anyways. 

Not if that is what the offense called for. Not saying that this years offense will but last years was definitely paired down with the oline struggles and lack of weapons. That is just repying to your statement on his YPA. Not setting a bench mark.

I get the eye test statement and mostly agree.

But I don't agree on the stat line. Brady as only gotten close to meeting those perimeters once in his Hall of Fame career and that was with prime Welker and Moss.  I think Carr can fall short of the yards, ints, and YPA and still keep his job and have a great year.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

the Carr bashing is lame af.... maybe Carr was coming off 2 straight back to back season injuries and wanted to protect his body in 2018...

Him not being able to stand in the pocket consistency or extend plays is protecting us from the playoffs. I like Carr but he is flawed. You could do worse but we are at the point where we need to do better. Hopefully he can stand up or he's out of here this time next year.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Him not being able to stand in the pocket consistency or extend plays is protecting us from the playoffs. I like Carr but he is flawed. You could do worse but we are at the point where we need to do better. Hopefully he can stand up or he's out of here this time next year.

I could see if we had a dominant defense, or Carr was playing like Eli Manning... Carr had his moments last year on a bad team, and is an average starting QB on bad teams, with MVP potential with talent around him.. this has been proven... you would think how bad we were before Carr, he would be appreciated... Gannon to Carr with everything in between something to cry about

9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

This is what I was afraid of.

Elway can still screw it up.

Literally every new head coach says stuff like this. You’re never going to hear coaches say it’s all about one guy, meetings are optional and to not sweat the small stuff. I’ll be worried if they have a good offense which is more critical than the defense. 

58 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Literally every new head coach says stuff like this. You’re never going to hear coaches say it’s all about one guy, meetings are optional and to not sweat the small stuff. I’ll be worried if they have a good offense which is more critical than the defense. 

And I'll be worried now. You can catch up later.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

??? We're far off from the playoffs.

I agree he will be expected to perform well this year, but like I've said in the past, what qb, aside from maybe Rodgers would succeed in last years offense? Not more than a handful, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

??? We're far off from the playoffs.

I agree he will be expected to perform well this year, but like I've said in the past, what qb, aside from maybe Rodgers would succeed in last years offense? Not more than a handful, that's for sure. 

And there in lies the problem. 

Carr should elevate his team when he plays. Wilson does this. Rodgers does this. Brady does this. Luck does this. Rivers does this. Brees does this. Wentz does this. Even Deshaun Watson does this. 

The only time Carr has been effective is with the #1 Pass Protection in Football and two #1 WR’s. And even then that season is over hyped due to the comebacks. That’s one solid season... out of five...

52 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And there in lies the problem. 

Carr should elevate his team when he plays. Wilson does this. Rodgers does this. Brady does this. Luck does this. Rivers does this. Brees does this. Wentz does this. Even Deshaun Watson does this. 

The only time Carr has been effective is with the #1 Pass Protection in Football and two #1 WR’s. And even then that season is over hyped due to the comebacks. That’s one solid season... out of five...

I agree with you on this but do believe one more year with him is the mos logical choice unless a team with a high first comes out and offers multiple picks.  Outside of that we have to see what he has.  If he had not shown improvement towards the end of the year then I would say move on but he did so we should ride with him until he at least plateaus and make a decision from there.  Worst case scenario if he ascends some more and plateaus then we have increased his trade value.  If he is a dumpster fire next year then we will increase the value of our draft picks.  If he plays great we are a playoff team again.  It's is a win win win situation for us.  Now when we get to Vegas if the team does not have its stuff together then I am going to start panicking.  I already expect to be a top 10 team in the draft again next year.  Just in the 6-10 range.