Around The League V.2

Totty

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

N’Keal Harry is likely making the Vikings. I thought we were going kick the tires on him. I guess he is looking like a legit redone threat with his size 6'4.. ex pat

Harry is buns. He'd be WR8 here. He's slow, can't win off the line and runs limited routes. He's was one-trick pony in college. He used his size to box out and win contested catches. That didn't translate in the NFL and rarely does. Big guy, slow and can't separate..... bust. Jakobi Meyers outplayed him as URFA. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Harry is buns. He'd be WR8 here. He's slow, can't win off the line and runs limited routes. He's was one-trick pony in college. He used his size to box out and win contested catches. That didn't translate in the NFL and rarely does. Big guy, slow and can't separate..... bust. Jakobi Meyers outplayed him as URFA. 

He’s been a red zone threat… worth a shot… we have how many old midgets as depth…. Would have rather gave a shot to a former first then seeing so much Keelan Cole this preseason 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

He’s been a red zone threat… worth a shot… we have how many old midgets as depth…. Would have rather gave a shot to a former first then seeing so much Keelan Cole this preseason 

He has 5 career TDs. Where was he ever a red zone threat?

42 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Meh, he's played in this system already.....and wasn't very good. If he rebounds with Minny or something, good for him. But for us, I'd rather kick tires on an unknown w/ upside. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Meh, he's played in this system already.....and wasn't very good. If he rebounds with Minny or something, good for him. But for us, I'd rather kick tires on an unknown w/ upside. 

It’s not a big deal. Harry a long shot but would rather have guys with potential playing instead of Keelan Cole. A WR5 at best 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s not a big deal. Harry a long shot but would rather have guys with potential playing instead of Keelan Cole. A WR5 at best 

Lmao Keelan Cole better than Harry, and Harry wouldn't make this roster neither is Cole.

Edited by raidr4life

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Lmao Keelan Cole better than Harry, and Harry wouldn't make this roster neither is Cole.

The point is bringing in guys with potential. You never know if you will find a diamond in the rough. You already know what you have in the keelan coles of the world. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Cam Sims is our big, jump ball type guy and he’s probably better than Harry IMO. I don’t think anyone available will make much difference to our WR corps honestly. We’re very deep there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Cam Sims is our big, jump ball type guy and he’s probably better than Harry IMO. I don’t think anyone available will make much difference to our WR corps honestly. We’re very deep there.

This. 

Until cuts occur, nobody needs to be brought in. A surprise quality #2 or 3 comes along, sure. But back end guys aren't going to help us, and our back end is Shakira thick already. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

The point is bringing in guys with potential. You never know if you will find a diamond in the rough. You already know what you have in the keelan coles of the world. 

I get the idea of bringing in guys with potential, however, there are a couple issues. Harry is well known to McDaniels and he doesn’t have potential at this point, a few years ago maybe. The other point is that our WR corps are probably our strongest position group so we’d be better off looking at RB, DT, DE or LB maybe?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I get the idea of bringing in guys with potential, however, there are a couple issues. Harry is well known to McDaniels and he doesn’t have potential at this point, a few years ago maybe. The other point is that our WR corps are probably our strongest position group so we’d be better off looking at RB, DT, DE or LB maybe?

Harry prolly turned down McDaniels...

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

The point is, Harry has no potential. That has been proven. What you are calling potential is just based on his draft position. He's a big, slow WR who can't run routes. Those don't work in the NFL. 

• Like 1