Around The League V.2

Totty

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We’ll see how he does

change of scenery etc etc

ive been doubted before plenty of times I’m used to it 

It doesn’t matter how he does, he went for a 7th, offering a 4th is lunacy. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's not a LB. They wanted him to play MLB and he wanted to play S

You fail to see that he's not an upgrade nor a scheme fit to anything the team has. 

Wink says he’s gonna be lb I like wink

we shall see how it turn out

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wink says he’s gonna be lb I like wink

we shall see how it turn out

Will be interesting considering he told the Cards he didn't want to play MLB and they converted him to safety. 

Regardless, he doesn't have the strength to play LB and can't cover. If he wasn't the 8th overall pick in 2020, he'd be a nobody bottom roster guy. 

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Will be interesting considering he told the Cards he didn't want to play MLB and they converted him to safety. 

Regardless, he doesn't have the strength to play LB and can't cover. If he wasn't the 8th overall pick in 2020, he'd be a nobody bottom roster guy. 

Wasn’t you hyping up burney before the preseason…

if wink can’t get him right I’ll give you your props

He’s gonna play olb supposedly which wink and I both agree is his best position. hell I’d use him as a old skool “rover” or “monster” 

99tkls/4sacks/2ff/2ints last year for a “nobody” lol shiii wow 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wasn’t you hyping up burney before the preseason…

if wink can’t get him right I’ll give you your props

He’s gonna play olb supposedly which wink and I both agree is his best position. hell I’d use him as a old skool “rover” or “monster” 

99tkls/4sacks/2ff/2ints last year for a “nobody” lol shiii wow 

No. Raw 5th round LB prospect, new to the position. Not hyping that at all. He's a developmental player. 

Simmons, hope Wink can get something out of him. Gannon is a hell of a defensive coach and saw enough. He was mediocre at LB, wanted to play safety and didn't do well there. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

No. Raw 5th round LB prospect, new to the position. Not hyping that at all. He's a developmental player. 

Simmons, hope Wink can get something out of him. Gannon is a hell of a defensive coach and saw enough. He was mediocre at LB, wanted to play safety and didn't do well there. 

I think that he’s gonna have a good year at nyg. Ariz is in shambles everyone tryna jump ship. I like wink he adjusts to his players instead of having players adjust to him.

I just think it’s interesting how some rag on our defense but think all these available defenders aren’t good enough for us. Look at our lb core then laugh at Simmons like he wouldn’t start over masterson lol

• Like 1

I think that he’s gonna have a good year at nyg. Ariz is in shambles everyone tryna jump ship. I like wink he adjusts to his players instead of having players adjust to him.

I just think it’s interesting how some rag on our defense but think all these available defenders aren’t good enough for us. Look at our lb core then laugh at Simmons like he wouldn’t start over masterson lol

This is my exact thoughts. For a 7th Rounder I would have made the move with a quickness. Not too many people have his athletic profile and as a DC I would bet on myself to coach him up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This is my exact thoughts. For a 7th Rounder I would have made the move with a quickness. Not too many people have his athletic profile and as a DC I would bet on myself to coach him up. 

Exactly and I don’t think we’re in any position to turn down any skilled defensive players esp lbs.

I’m not sure who was coaching Ariz in his interview Simmons mentioned whenever he got comfortable at a position someone went down and he had to fill in which he didn’t like but did it cause he’s a team player. that’s the bad thing about guys like him he can play de, lb and any db spot. 

He wants to be able to focus on one position. He looked good vs kc’s 1’s. they got 2 three n outs vs patty until he got them on the third drive with some crazy patty extend the play so dbs have to cover 5+ seconds. One play he was coming downhill on kelsey spooked him into dropping the pass on a 3rd down on the 2nd drive iirc. He didn’t look like a bust to me. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

Exactly and I don’t think we’re in any position to turn down any skilled defensive players esp lbs.

I’m not sure who was coaching Ariz in his interview Simmons mentioned whenever he got comfortable at a position someone went down and he had to fill in which he didn’t like but did it cause he’s a team player. that’s the bad thing about guys like him he can play de, lb and any db spot. 

He wants to be able to focus on one position. He looked good vs kc’s 1’s. they got 2 three n outs vs patty until he got them on the third drive with some crazy patty extend the play so dbs have to cover 5+ seconds. One play he was coming downhill on kelsey spooked him into dropping the pass on a 3rd down on the 2nd drive iirc. He didn’t look like a bust to me. 

What position was he playing v KC ? 

11 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Even Pat Graham knows better than to bet on himself lol. 

Jokes aside, I would've jumped on it just for the sake of having warm bodies. He hasn't been great, but he's played. We're thin and relying on equally as bland commodities, most of whom we can already pretty comfortably state don't have his upside. I'd rather give his upside a chance here for a 6th or 7th and it not work out than roll with lower upside, more or less conceding a hole that needs to be filled, and see him break out elsewhere.