Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think that he’s gonna have a good year at nyg. Ariz is in shambles everyone tryna jump ship. I like wink he adjusts to his players instead of having players adjust to him.

I just think it’s interesting how some rag on our defense but think all these available defenders aren’t good enough for us. Look at our lb core then laugh at Simmons like he wouldn’t start over masterson lol

Let me reframe that. It's not that I don't think they are good enough for the Raiders. It's that the value add in most these players is zero in my eyes. Like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

Build through the draft. Grown your own players. Adhere to your culture. I don't value underperforming, lazy players with poor work ethic. 

Film > Stats, go ask any AZ fan how much effort Simmons gives. Countless examples like the one posted above. 

Also - AZ didn't pick up his 5th year option, so he'll be a FA after this season so you have your shot then if he actually shows some ability. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Let me reframe that. It's not that I don't think they are good enough for the Raiders. It's that the value add in most these players is zero in my eyes. Like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

Build through the draft. Grown your own players. Adhere to your culture. I don't value underperforming, lazy players with poor work ethic. 

Film > Stats, go ask any AZ fan how much effort Simmons gives. Countless examples like the one posted above. 

Also - AZ didn't pick up his 5th year option, so he'll be a FA after this season so you have your shot then if he actually shows some ability. 

I watched him vs the chiefs and had the opposite reaction than you and others.

Did you watch the game or just clips?

they held patty and the #1’s to nothing first 2 drives. Simmons had kelsey in check

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I’d think we would beat them even if they had no injuries. We seem to have the Broncos number and I like it! 😀

The only thing that concerns me is the altitude in mile high. That’s a tough place to play in September. However, we play there every year so the team should be used to it, even with different players.

Id like to see us arrive in Denver at least 5 days before gameday 

47 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Multiple

you should watch it tell me what you think 

Any at Lb? I know he refused to play LB and was moved safety and has played slot. 

"I told them I didn't want to play linebacker. I felt more comfortable getting back to things I had done in the past," Simmons said, via the team's site.   Simmons lined up in the slot on 45.6% of defensive snaps last season. He played down in the box for the majority of his remaining snaps, but the Clemson product saw snaps at free safety and cornerback as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/isaiah-simmons-trade-grades-giants-acquire-former-top-10-pick-from-cardinals-to-bolster-defense/amp/

9 hours ago, Dessie said:

Don’t we only have $3m cap space atm? Simmons would cost $3.5m. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/cap/

Yea let’s add a top 10 bust that didn’t live up to draft hype. With no plan to use him, and yea Nevermind we don’t have the cap space to fit his contract. 
Also, let’s bid against ourselves and send a mid round pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I watched him vs the chiefs and had the opposite reaction than you and others.

Did you watch the game or just clips?

they held patty and the #1’s to nothing first 2 drives. Simmons had kelsey in check

I've watched him since he came into the league in 2020.

Couldn't care less about a meaningless preseason game, but nobody decided to see if there is any merit to what you are saying..... and WOW, hate to dunk on you..........  but what game were you watching?

Edited by big_palooka

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Had Kelce in check with his: 28.7 coverage grade I guess

I called him being a bust when everybody was hyping him, it just happens alot these tweener guys without a position shoot up the draft board because of combine

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

The fall of Kyler Murray is interesting, I really didn't think he'd have this much lack of work ethic in him. Too much pride maybe? He should have went the the A's. Feel he could have had a much better baseball career.  

He's only 26. He could still have a long career in baseball. 

What is AZ going to do with him is the question. He carries a massive contract with no out until 2028. Going to be hard to trade him. And if they get the top pick, they can't pass on Williams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea let’s add a top 10 bust that didn’t live up to draft hype. With no plan to use him, and yea Nevermind we don’t have the cap space to fit his contract. 
Also, let’s bid against ourselves and send a mid round pick.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I've watched him since he came into the league in 2020.

Couldn't care less about a meaningless preseason game, but nobody decided to see if there is any merit to what you are saying..... and WOW, hate to dunk on you..........  but what game were you watching?

Come on man

ok

go back and check my original post

now

since I’m assuming you did watch it yourself not via twitter

how did he do vs kelsey?

how did he do vs the 1’s?