Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know it’s the panthers but if dc lights it up tonight the carrdasians will be blood thirsty on this board Lololol 

They are literally waiting for one solid game combined with a win. It could be seven meh games in a row, they are waiting for one solid game to scream “Carr is the man, our lord and savior”. 

He was pretty damn average against a horrendous secondary the first game. Tonight he plays another bad pass defense and I don’t think Horn is playing. He has a great OL and weapon core. 

Carr also has the second easiest pass defensive schedule in the NFL this year, plays nothing but garbage pass defenses all season. Jordan Love is #1. Love has taken advantage of that easy SOS though and has looked great. And that’s with his #1 WR injured both games. Carr has not looked great yet. Maybe he will tonight. 

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Staley is a joke and holding the Chargers back (which we hope continues). Also, Kellen Moore is not the OC people think he is. McCarthy has Dak playing great in the first 2 weeks.

Luckily.... Spanos is a cheap and doesn't like to pay coaches. If they get the right offensive minded HC paired with Herbert, he will take off. His pure talent is undeniable. The coaching there is just abysmal top to bottom. 

I’ve always thought Moore sucks too. Everyone thought Chargers offense feasts this year and Dallas offense regresses. I thought the opposite. Dallas offense feasts (with #1 D) and Chargers offense sucks. My SB prediction in the prediction thread before Week 1 was Miami over Dallas. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know it’s the panthers but if dc lights it up tonight the carrdasians will be blood thirsty on this board Lololol 

I understand that I’m viewed as a Carr fan, but people where posting all his bad Redzone clips last week when they thought the saints were going to lose. 

So it’s not like it’s only his “fans” who bring him up.  

it goes both ways. I just hate the people who act like he is trash. 

this team did him no favors, all he did was love being a raider and give his all and people acted like he was the problem. 

I think Jimmy is a similar tier, better Redzone worse between 20s, but will keep us away from taking an elite qb prospect. I wish moving on from Carr was either cause we went all in on a Qb via FA or draft, not just to move on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Derek Carr looks like…….Derek Carr. 

People had QB defending syndrome. I see it with all fanbases to be fair. But it was especially bad with Raider fans and Carr. They just could not admit his flaws and blamed literally everything else. Can’t throw with anticipation/throw people open, scared of taking a hit which results in a lot of plays ending prematurely (gotta stand in the pocket til last nanosecond and let someone get open), and also horrible, skittish, and big time over-thinker when the field condenses (redzone for example). 

I don’t get QB defending syndrome. Jimmy is not a physically gifted QB. He can’t throw it deep. And makes multiple bonehead plays a game that will drive you crazy. 

• Like 1

Long season left to go but remember when people (mostly Frankie) got on my QB opinions? Tua was playing at an MVP level last year when healthy. Also playing at a MVP level this year. Most accurate, and arguably smartest, QB in the game. Jordan Love looks amazing two games in. Mechanics are fixed and he can read defenses now. Can’t wait to see him with Christian Watson (who I love). And Derek Carr looks like…. Derek Carr. 

Edited by Tank4Drake