Around The League V.2

Totty

10 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What? It's better than reaching for a DE with limited pass rushing skills to fix your pass rush. 

Limited pass rushing skills? Did you watch Him at Clemson? You can dog his athleticism to an extent, but I don’t think actual pass rush skills are the problem. 

6 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Cause of talent and cause that's their defined role in a D that has other players to lessen their workload. Bosa is an everydown player. Allen and Burns aren't.

I'll give you another excuse.

Average numbers of sacks allowed for each team's opponents since the start of the season:

SF: 16

Jax: 16.1

Car: 19.1

Oak: 10.8

The league average is 14 sacks allowed.

Mayowa and crosby played vs those same teams and both has looked better than Ferrell, dare I say way better. That dog ain't going to hunt either. I'm not asking for a bunch of sacks. Just not the 99th pass rusher out of 102. He run defense ain't been super stellar either. 

When you talk about all the rookies and what they  bring and flashes you seen. All everybody keep saying about Ferrell is locker room guy and leadership. Ugh. Really at 4. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Limited pass rushing skills? Did you watch Him at Clemson? You can dog his athleticism to an extent, but I don’t think actual pass rush skills are the problem. 

Wait u mean at clemson where he played on a dline with 4 other great players. Or the when he could use a bunch of bull rush moves that ain't gonna fly in the pro game cause these dudes strong to. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ferrell has a low floor. He will be a consistent guy in the defense setting the edge and making plays. I doubt he's ever going to have flashy pass rushing stats. Which I get is what you want at 4 overall. So the ceiling looks low too right now.

Hopefully as he matures, his pass gets more refined. He was a great college player so maybe just takes him a little time to acclimate. He's not a finished product, so let's hope for the best.

Let's say you are correct. Which I actually agree with you. 2 things. Those guys shouldnt go at 4. Second those kinda guys should be nfl ready. Waiting for a guy with a low ceiling to reach it is a waste at 4. I'm hoping this injury slowed him down and he is much better than he has played. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Wait u mean at clemson where he played on a dline with 4 other great players. Or the when he could use a bunch of bull rush moves that ain't gonna fly in the pro game cause these dudes strong to. 

That’s a good point, when he had talent around him, he produced. Our DL isn’t exactly stacked. A lot of the rookie pass rushers are playing in deep, talented rotations. Cle came to a team fresh off a 13 sack season. Only guy I see faring much betting in his situation is Bosa, and he was gone at 2. 

I’m not saying he’s going to be Julius Peppers, just give the kid some time. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That’s a good point, when he had talent around him, he produced. Our DL isn’t exactly stacked. A lot of the rookie pass rushers are playing in deep, talented rotations. Cle came to a team fresh off a 13 sack season. Only guy I see faring much betting in his situation is Bosa, and he was gone at 2. 

I’m not saying he’s going to be Julius Peppers, just give the kid some time. 

But at 4 do u take a guy who needs a bunch of talent beside him to succeed. And honestly the interior of our dline isnt bad. He is going to get his time. But it's fair to question the pick especially if you didnt like it from the get go. I much rather be eating crow and saying mayock the truth. 

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

Who said he was a bust??. Seriously.. 

Just people complaining and acting like it. I've seen it too often here. Our defense lacks talent but has done well considering. But give the kid time to grow.

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Funny how people feel attacked when you criticize the franchise lol... raiders have hit and misses and Ferrell looks bad. Through 4 games, he has a very low grade 

Id you said Ferrell was a reach and left it and that. Then you wouldn't have got a response from me. That's fine you're the king of terrible opinions. Its far to early eaither way to judge his draft value. 

But Instead you say something dumb like we LOST the draft. 6 weeks in lol go away 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Just people complaining and acting like it. I've seen it too often here. Our defense lacks talent but has done well considering. But give the kid time to grow.

So let me get this straight. We allowed to say how great Jacobs is after 5 games but we cant talk about the bad play off our 4th overall pick after 4 games. This is a discussion board right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Would you draft brandon graham 4th overall? If that's his ceiling we clearly reached for need.

Yes because Graham is a great player. Top 50 every year, just not flashy. 

A Top 5 pick doesn’t always have to be a superstar. That’s how your draft total busts.