Around The League V.2

Totty

41 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If we can somehow win 1 of the next 2 games, we have a real shot at the playoffs. There's one team (KC) with a winning record on our 2nd half schedule.

Next 3 are tough - at GB and Houston. Getting the Lions at home off a long road stretch is great. Crowd should be ready - I see 1 win here

Chargers, Bengals, Jets. There is a chance to make some noise before facing KC - Another 2 wins here

Titans, Jags, Chargers, Broncos - This is the not sure what you're going to get when you face them group to finish the year - Another 2 wins here

I see an 8-8 finish but potential for a 9-10 wins if they truly are turning the corner. 

Still a young team learning to win. I can see them beating a good team like Houston and losing to a down team like the Jags or Bengals. The Jets and Broncos are steadily improving week to week and will be tough outs.

I still don't know who this team is. 2 awful losses. 3 solid wins. They are somewhere in between maybe which would be 8-8? Or was the last 2 weeks more of what's to come?

• Like 1

Packers and Houston are winnable games imo Packers lack playmakers on offense and with the Texans are you gonna get the team who beat the Chiefs or the team who lost to Kyle Allen at home and almost lost to the Jags at home. Also the Texans will be without Bradly Roby for the Raiders game. 

Will be interesting in seeing how the Raiders come out after the bye week. They’re 3-2 but they’re not getting the media attention which is a good thing so they shouldn’t be feeling themselves. 

i had us at 8-8 at the beginning of the year. After week 3, i was really down on us and thought we were done. Then came the game vs Indy, where we responded and played well, which turned my thinking that we were a team that will beat bad teams and lose vs strong teams. Then we beat the Bears, showing a ton of fight. I have now moved the needle to 9-7 and on the brink of playoff contention.

We are in the process of developing a physical identity behind one of the leagues best OLs, and our run game has proven to travel well. Its hard to buy too much into the team this year because we are lacking in the play making department on offense and lack the pass rush needed to close out games on defense. However, i believe we are in great shape moving forward. 

This season, i see us winning games we shouldnt( splitting GB and Hou) then losing a game or 3 that we should get. im not going to get my hopes up and talk playoffs, but i dont think that its out of the realm of possibility either. 

Cant wait to see this team at full strength, with Gabe and eventually TW back, along with the Zay Jones acquisition. if we can get Jones 2018 level production that might be enough to get us in 10-6 range.

All i know is i love where we are at. Yes, we are flawed and yes, we are a ways away, but were headed in the right direction and you can tell we are not only developing an identity but also a strong culture within the organization

As others have posted, ive also noticed the lack of media attention, which is probably a good thing. However this GB game can open a lot of eyes around the league and 4-2 with wins over Indy, Chicago and Green Bay would be a very solid resume. I think GB is ripe for the picking coming of this gifted W over Detroit, coming off a short week vs a young team with some momentum. I think this game truly tells us where are are. Can Chucky develop a game plan to beat the games best QB given an extra week to prepare? Our run game should be on full display, and we should be able to match-up well with their WRs, especially if Adams is still out. CANT WAIT!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Geezy said:

big blow for them, Hicks is a huge part of what they do up front. 

Sucks to see injuries but this could improve our draft stock decently. We saw how easy it was to run on them without him in the middle. Not all teams have a running game like ours but nonetheless it's a big piece to their D.

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Literally most of this team has a losing record as a starter. That's a weak argument. 

Sure but the QB takes most of the credit for win and the blame for the losses. More so than any position. No one blamed lechler for the losses during his time in one of the worse stretches this franchise has ever had. 

And i know it’s a weak argument which is why i said it as a contrast to HBs own weak argument about a rookie 4 games into his career. 

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

??

just a little research, 7th round pick out of SE Missouri State. Hes an EDGE with some nice physical attributes. 6'2 248, 4.48 40, 40 inch vert, 131"' Broad Jump and 7.03 3-Cone. Dont know anything about him, but is intriguing. Love how we are attacking the bottom portion of our roster. 

35 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Please put the blunt down. 

If we find a way to hack the matrix, all we have to do is Aaron Rodgers=Oak and Derek Carr=GB along with a universal editor that replace all memories of Carr on the Raiders with Rodgers and vice versa.