Around The League V.2

Totty

Mark needs to stop hiring HC’s that have as much input as the GM. And you guys want Harbaugh smh… he’ll have complete control in his contract even with a GM 100% guaranteed. Harbaugh will be the same as Gruden, he has too much power and will fail because it. Give me a GM who has complete control and Ben Johnson as HC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm interested to see Joshua Dobbs plays out the season. I think he is legit good QB. He is a rocket science IQ, can Make all the throws, a leader, is a dual threat. If he balls out, it would be interesting to see what the vikings do. He's only 27, I would be interested in him.

Man.... you're on a roll of poor QB takes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Mark needs to stop hiring HC’s that have as much input as the GM. And you guys want Harbaugh smh… he’ll have complete control in his contract even with a GM 100% guaranteed. Harbaugh will be the same as Gruden, he has too much power and will fail because it. Give me a GM who has complete control and Ben Johnson as HC.

Agree. No more big name coaches. Spend less on a coach and more to attract top coordinators. 

I’m about as big a UT Homer as they get and I love Josh but I absolutely do not want to go into next year with Josh as our starter. Now would I rather that than sending anything over a 5th for Fields? Yeah probably, but there are and will be better options. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think the key difference here is that Harbaugh has proven he can build a team and a college programme and he’s proved he can manage a roster. Gruden and McDaniels have proven they can’t.

I don’t think it’s too much of an issue giving the HC control, the problem is giving control to the right coach! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think the key difference here is that Harbaugh has proven he can build a team and a college programme and he’s proved he can manage a roster. Gruden and McDaniels have proven they can’t.

I don’t think it’s too much of an issue giving the HC control, the problem is giving control to the right coach! 

He has not proven he can put together a NFL roster, don’t care about college. Majority of those draft picks for the 49ers were Baalkee. Harbaugh and him butted heads like crazy, and most of the picks Harbaugh disputed ended up becoming good players. 

I wanted Harbaugh but if he comes with an ego and wanted total power, screw that. If Gruden would have stuck to coaching, and stuck out of drafting, then his 2nd run would have had a lot more successful. Imagine those years with  without the draft busts. I get the head coach should have some say, but the coach shouldn’t be in control of personnel moves. Hopefully Mark Davis “smartens up“ and doesn’t give too much power to the next head coach like Josh McDaniels. McDaniels was hell bent on sending this franchise into the dark ages…. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Agree 100%

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

😂No hate at all, Saints are by far most talented team in that division and have an easy schedule. It would be a travesty if they dont win that division.

100%. Saints have the easiest schedule in the NFL. Easy schedule and Top 4 Defense... if they can't make the playoffs, lol. No chance they are sniffing the Super Bowl. 

18 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Agreed. Harbaugh is a dinosaur that will get exposed in his next NFL stop. He will probably get hired in Carolina where he would get full control and a yes man GM to do all the paperwork 

Coaches shouldn’t have GM duties anymore. It hardly works

• Like 2