Around The League V.2

Totty

15 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Imagine wanting a Head Coach who just wins all the time.

Insanity.

Argument both ways. He's also know to be hard to get a long with. And he'll cost top dollar. 

Prudent move, get an up and coming guy. Outbid for a Ben Johnson type, pay for good coordinators and build that way. 

Davis trying to hit home runs and paying top dollar has not worked. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Argument both ways. He's also know to be hard to get a long with. And he'll cost top dollar. 

Prudent move, get an up and coming guy. Outbid for a Ben Johnson type, pay for good coordinators and build that way. 

Davis trying to hit home runs and paying top dollar has not worked. 

Yeah, hopefully Mark has learned his lesson after Gruden/JMD, Harbaugh is a GOAT, but I think we need a young, up and coming HC. He has went the retread route with 3/4 hires since he took over as the owner with JDR, JG, and JMD. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, hopefully Mark has learned his lesson after Gruden/JMD, Harbaugh is a GOAT, but I think we need a young, up and coming HC. He has went the retread route with 3/4 hires since he took over as the owner with JDR, JG, and JMD. 

If Pierce proves himself I'd stick with him. I want continuity. We a DT, CB , two OL, a QB maybe, and a speedy RB to spell Jacobs away from playoffs.

• Like 2

Just watched the 49ers v Jags and I know San Francisco is a good team but heck, I was expecting a lot more from Lawrence 😳 wow he looked all out of sorts.

I haven’t seen the Jags otherwise this season and they were 6-2 before this game so not sure how he’s been playing? Thoughts guys?

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the 49ers v Jags and I know San Francisco is a good team but heck, I was expecting a lot more from Lawrence 😳 wow he looked all out of sorts.

I haven’t seen the Jags otherwise this season and they were 6-2 before this game so not sure how he’s been playing? Thoughts guys?

Not that I’ve watched a ton of them either but Lawrence still has his share of bad games. 
being a consistently good qb is extremely tough in this league, and the more tape teams have on you the more new schemes they’ll throw at you.

i believe sf got up big pretty fast, which you just can’t allow to happen against that team. They can make any qb look silly, and Lawrence was put in a spot where they knew he was going to have to throw to come back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

If Pierce proves himself I'd stick with him. I want continuity. We a DT, CB , two OL, a QB maybe, and a speedy RB to spell Jacobs away from playoffs.

I'm with you. I want to see what Pierce does the rest of this season of course, but he definitely has this team playing tough and gritty. Two words that were synonymous with the Oakland Raiders. It's a small sample, but I like the energy from the team. Hope it continues. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Pierce has an opportunity to prove himself over the next few weeks with games against the Dolphins, Chiefs (x2), Vikings, and Chargers.

• Like 1

That 7 seed is wide open guys. I think Steelers are gonna fall down to earth. Sucks they have the tie breaker over us though. Browns are overrated and have no QB. Bills and Broncos suck. Colts suck without Richardson. It is wide WIDE open. 

I think the AFC probably ends up like this:

1. KC

2. Miami

3. Ravens

4. Jags

5. Bengals

6. Texans??

7. ??? 

Probably ends up being Cleveland, although they aren’t very good. Door is wide open gentlemen.