Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t wanna get all into it I just thought you said defense was holding him back and all he needed was a defense. add a weaker division and a more competent organization and magic would happen. 

Everyone made excuses for him but even when he was put somewhere with a Super Bowl OC, good OL, great weapons, an elite defense, strong leadership, and stability, he can't deliver against the softest schedule in the league.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone made excuses for him but even when he was put somewhere with a Super Bowl OC, good OL, great weapons, an elite defense, strong leadership, and stability, he can't deliver against the softest schedule in the league.

Jameis Winston in 2 Quarters of play threw for 1/5 the amount of TD passes Carr has on the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Jameis has been in the same system. What a concept 

How many years do you think Carr needs to be in a system as a 10 year veteran to be able to play well? You also realize that they brought in Gruden to help this offseason, right?

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Get a life…. What’s he suppose to make excuses. It’s put up or shut up. He has nothing to say because it would just be excuses. Results not words 

Been 9 years..... still no results in the red zone. 2 TDs in the month of November.

Cope harder 

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Father time and the beating he has endured as an NFL QB may have finally caught up with Carr at least it appears that way this season.  I honestly haven't watched much of his play but the little that I have seen/ read has been riddled with poor play and multiple injuries to his shoulder.  His prime years were wasted on this dumpster fire of an organization which is sad because he was a pretty good player for years.  He was never an elite Qb but no doubt was a top 15 QB most of his prime years and those years were muddled with turmoil within this garbage franchise, consistent coaching turnover, terrible surrounding talent and the worst D of any NFL franchise during his tenure.  I think it's a testament to his strength that he played well during all of this, was able to continue to be a starter where I think many other NFL QB's having to endure all of this turmoil YOY would have folded and faded into obscurity. 

His prime years lol 😂 

Dude peaked in his 3rd year and hovered around being the 12-20 range of QBs the remaining years he was here. His TD numbers are down this year obviously but physically he looks like the same guy i see no diminishing of his skillset. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

His prime years lol 😂 

Dude peaked in his 3rd year and hovered around being the 12-20 range of QBs the remaining years he was here. His TD numbers are down this year obviously but physically he looks like the same guy i see no diminishing of his skillset. 

@Frankie2Gunz will blame New Orleans voodoo before admitting Carr is just not a good QB. 

• Like 1

I was off of Carr since mid 2017. His play this year doesn’t make me feel justified or like i should throw a bunch of “Told you so’s” around like @Frankie2Gunz would for sure be doing if Carr was balling out in NO. (Remember his posts after Carr signed his extension 😂)

If anything, it just makes me more upset with Mark Davis and this organization. The fact that it really took us almost a decade to finally decide to move on from a middling QB like Carr is embarrassing. This is the NFL, aka the not for long league, and for years we accepted and made excuses for mediocrity at the most important position on the field. It sucks that it took McDoofus, one of the worst HCs of all time, to have the balls to pull the trigger. 

No other team would have let Carr start for almost ten years. Carr might get ran out of NO in less then two seasons ffs. Teams are moving on from #1 draft picks in 3 years, teams are moving on from QBs who have actually had playoff success. Other teams are daring to be great. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

His brothers are radio silent for months now. That should tell you all you need know about how his NO career is going.

His brothers would be beating their chests soo much they would cave in lol. Rightfully so it’s at the point seems like more Raider fans defending carr then Saints fans.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I was off of Carr since mid 2017. His play this year doesn’t make me feel justified or like i should throw a bunch of “Told you so’s” around like @Frankie2Gunz would for sure be doing if Carr was balling out in NO. (Remember his posts after Carr signed his extension 😂)

If anything, it just makes me more upset with Mark Davis and this organization. The fact that it really took us almost a decade to finally decide to move on from a middling QB like Carr is embarrassing. This is the NFL, aka the not for long league, and for years we accepted and made excuses for mediocrity at the most important position on the field. It sucks that it took McDoofus, one of the worst HCs of all time, to have the balls to pull the trigger. 

No other team would have let Carr start for almost ten years. Carr might get ran out of NO in less then two seasons ffs. Teams are moving on from #1 draft picks in 3 years, teams are moving on from QBs who have actually had playoff success. Other teams are daring to be great. 

That’s a good point. I’m not one to point and say I told you so either. There’s no valor in that

This is more of shade on us. We kept a QB who was obviously mid for nearly a decade, when we should have explored other options. Teams moved on from Super Bowl winning QBs faster. Mark decisions is starting to rear its ugly head. 

We completely botched getting compensation for Carr when his stock was higher. Botched resigning Stidham. Botched trading up for Stroud. Any of those QBs would of had us in the mix this season.

We would also have more talent on Defense without Jimmy G contract 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

That’s a good point. I’m not one to point and say I told you so either. There’s no valor in that

This is more of shade on us. We kept a QB who was obviously mid for nearly a decade, when we should have explored other options. Teams moved on from Super Bowl winning QBs faster. Mark decisions is starting to rear its ugly head. 

We completely botched getting compensation for Carr when his stock was higher. Botched resigning Stidham. Botched trading up for Stroud. Any of those QBs would of had us in the mix this season.

We would also have more talent on Defense without Jimmy G contract 

To be fair, I think a lot of people were outraged at not getting value for Carr as opposed to just letting him go in free agency because of a bad contract decision to include a NTC. 

• Like 2

Carr is just getting karma for going back on trade clause decision. They had him have dinner with NO and asked to be released out of spite. This just goes to show you you should never read too into stats. Carrbage time was a real thing in Oakland and LV. 

• Like 1