Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Carr is just getting karma for going back on trade clause decision. They had him have dinner with NO and asked to be released out of spite. This just goes to show you you should never read too into stats. Carrbage time was a real thing in Oakland and LV. 

That’s another good point . He could of lifted the no trade clause but decided not to out spite of being benched

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

To be fair, I think a lot of people were outraged at not getting value for Carr as opposed to just letting him go in free agency because of a bad contract decision to include a NTC. 

That’s true as well. However, his stock was higher back in 2017-19 than it was in 2022 where we could of a 1st.

We sat on him entirely too long. He should of been traded w/ cooper and Mack era

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FloydFan said:

To be fair, I think a lot of people were outraged at not getting value for Carr as opposed to just letting him go in free agency because of a bad contract decision to include a NTC. 

I always found it funny how fans say Carr is mid, but same time expected a team to shell out first round picks for him.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

i said that was holding the raiders back.. when your top ten in points, and bottom 5 in points allowed, i dont think its crazy to say D is holding one back
I dont need to get into it either, i know you disagree with the bold

Football a complicated sport... Saints def have a D, and their O in shambles (carr at fault, not the only fault, but def at fault).

I still think Saints win that division, although the locker room mess is similar to 2017 here. May be tough to recover from.

the chemistry on O is their biggest issue, because they should be doing better. 

we’ve talked about the bold like crazy lol with stats n facts if you take away points defense added we weren’t top 10

Meh same mr November to me

not even a top 10 defense can carry that

For how garbage jimmy is not even him or aoc has put up a donut like last year vs no

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

we’ve talked about the bold like crazy lol with stats n facts if you take away points defense added we weren’t top 10

not even a top 10 defense can carry that

For how garbage jimmy is not even him or aoc has put up a donut like last year vs no

well to be fair, ive always asked for you to take away every other teams D points. . . which youve never given me.

if you only change the raiders, your saying, we were the only team to get a D or ST TD, i think we can both agree thats not true.
so therefore youre giving false stats. 
if you can provide a list, id love to see it. 
the one i saw, 6 of the other team had the same amount of D / ST TDs as us, 2 had more, but it was a long time ago. 

I mean the Saints game was terrible, no one has ever said otherwise, but that is what you always circle back too.

. im not talking specific games... im talking about seasons. 
and even with the 0 factored into our yearly averages, we were better on O last year in PPG (i beleive)

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

last november we hit 20 points everygame, averaged 25ppg and had a high of 41
this november we under 20 3 games, averaged 19, and had a high of 30...

so our O has regressed in November.... 
again, whats your point lol.

we are 2 games out of a playoff spot, and our O has regressed massively from 2 years ago, and from last year too. 

if our O was playing average wed be right in the hunt. 

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

That’s true as well. However, his stock was higher back in 2017-19 than it was in 2022 where we could of a 1st.

We sat on him entirely too long. He should of been traded w/ cooper and Mack era

Yeah I will never understand why Gruden was so intent on holding onto him during all that as well. You'd think with the Gruden ego he would have wanted to pick his own guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

last november we hit 20 points everygame, averaged 25ppg and had a high of 41
this november we under 20 3 games, averaged 19, and had a high of 30...

so our O has regressed in November.... 
again, whats your point lol.

we are 2 games out of a playoff spot, and our O has regressed massively from 2 years ago, and from last year too. 

if our O was playing average wed be right in the hunt. 

Lol

you compare him to a 4th round rookie  with a brand new oc who’s never called nfl plays but ok

you bragging about 20 point games vs

-Jax where got shut out 2nd half 

-vs indy

-vs den where we needed ot to get past 20

-vs sea I’ll give you that

And compare that to Mia, kc, nyj, nyg this year

I’ll just agree to disagree lol

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol

you compare him to a 4th round rookie  with a brand new oc who’s never called nfl plays but ok

you bragging about 20 point games vs

-Jax where got shut out 2nd half 

-vs indy

-vs den where we needed ot to get past 20

-vs sea I’ll give you that

And compare that to Mia, kc, nyj, nyg this year

I’ll just agree to disagree lol

not bragging, just again, this all stated because I said I thought wed be in the playoffs this year if we had last years O. 

Our O has regressed this year... I dont understand how this is even up for debate, but, some of yall will do anything to rip on DC. 

I understand why weve regressed... its why i didnt want to move on from DC with no plan lol... Im forced to compare him to a 4th round rookie because we gave up on him with no plan other than Jimmy. 

its literally the reason why for 5 years i said... we need to develop a plan before moving on, or else we are going to regress at the most important position. 

a lot said you cannot do worse... we are doing worse. 

It was obvious that we would do worse, again we had no plan. We downgraded at the most important position without a plan, of course we are going to regress. 

yet a lot on here, thought we would improve, because you cant do worse. 

im not bragging, im just stating the obvious. 

do you think our QB play was better or worse last year? 
note - not saying it was good (before you get all defensive), just saying it was better. 
IE Carr playing better than a 4th roud rookie... not a brag, but what it is. 

Carr should 100% do better than a 4th round rookie... its why you dont move on without a plan... unless you want to tank. 

45 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol

you compare him to a 4th round rookie 

Would you laughing at me comparing Carr to a 4th round rookie, not prove my point that obviously Carr was a better option for a team trying to win?

if not, why can I not compare them?

it’s not my fault I’m comparing him to a 4th round rookie..: it’s what the Raiders did lmao. 
how else do I compare last years o to this years O? 

crazy. 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

QB values are inflated though some team would of went overboard possibly 

And on top of this, teams have their own views and rankings lol. 

I know everyone wants to think their opinion is just a fact, but, end of the day everyone has their own, and they are all different.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

QB values are inflated though some team would of went overboard possibly 

Basing clearly off his 2022 performance, I think his market would be somewhat soft given the contract. But I agree on teams going overboard. The Saints paid him 60 GTD after all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Would you laughing at me comparing Carr to a 4th round rookie, not prove my point that obviously Carr was a better option for a team trying to win?

if not, why can I not compare them?

it’s not my fault I’m comparing him to a 4th round rookie..: it’s what the Raiders did lmao. 
how else do I compare last years o to this years O? 

crazy. 

I get it comparing the 2 qbs but if the other vet qb’s #’s aren’t blowing the others out the water you’re basically admitting that there’s not much difference between the two. I’d rather deal with a rookie having rookie struggles that a 10 yr vet having rookie struggles if that makes any sense