Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

You defended Carr any chance you got and would never criticize him. Just as bad as Frankie without the immaturity. 

That is provable false. 

Your hyperbole and grasp of facts is as bad as Big Palooka's, without being a total idiot about all things. 

Edited by ronjon1990

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

You said our O would regress without Carr? I don’t remember you saying that but props if you did. 
I thought for sure you were a can’t do worse guy, and a jimmy is at worst same level. 

If we knew we were going to regress, I just wish we tanked. Traded away players for picks at the deadline instead of staying still etc etc. 

I wanted to keep Stidham for cheap

• Like 4

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I thought it was obvious for the last 2 games in 2022 season that Stidham earned the right to compete for the starting job this season. His repoire with Adams was impressive 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Crying during an All-Pro season for the best team in the NFL is a major red flag. I'm sure Tyree won't ever cry because he's used to losing and being a water boy.

He’s not an all-pro lol

It ain’t just the crying, it’s allowing players to get under his skin, pre game comments towards the 49ers etc

He’s showing signs of immaturity aka character concerns

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

As if the haters werent obnoxious? 
stating Jimmy is the goat is the most obnoxious thing I can think of, and I had to hear it all offseason from one annoying person, who it’s tough to take his qb takes seriously because of.. 

Both extreme sides are painful… 

carr struggling doesn’t make the raiders look good.. cause we somehow ended up with worse qb play… 

some say you need to get worse to get better, but it’s been proven time and time again that’s not true. 

raiders still struggling, yet some of you act like we’ve fixed all our issues since he’s gone haha. 

Team didn't fix all their issues, but they did fix a massive one by not adhering to mid QB for several more years.

Teams that win consistently have a top end QB. The Raiders are better being on that path of finding one now, then spinning their wheels with a mediocre one forever. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Sure, just as long as you understand you’re obsessed about talking about the guy. It’s just weird. 

He’s gone my man. Not our problem anymore. 

we still need to improve the qb position., we still need to get better at almost every level. 

we got a lot of work to do. 

Carr played QB for the Raiders 9 seasons. He's always been a polarizing guy and will be a topic of conversation as long as he's starting.

The reason he's a hot button is because it was said all offseason the Raiders held him back all those years. We're getting a real look at the situation now and it's worth discussing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

well the broncos kinda ruined our chances at keeping him for cheap, but I wouldve given him the same deal. (cheap for qb market, but def not cheap for stidys career tbh)

this was just a classic Raider F up... especially for JMD, you have such a tough system to learn... this guy has been in it, had a great game against SF, showed he could run it... and then you just let him go to get jimmy. ugh. 
like getting rid of Yannick to go get Chandler... 

we have / had enough holes to fill on the roster instead of creating new ones. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Team didn't fix all their issues, but they did fix a massive one by not adhering to mid QB for several more years.

Teams that win consistently have a top end QB. The Raiders are better being on that path of finding one now, then spinning their wheels with a mediocre one forever. 

well pushing GTD money to Jimmy for a couple years IMO is adhering to mid qb play but to each their own. 
cutting him would be the same as Carr, possible but expensive. 

We literally did the exact same thing, just Jimmy was even worse so there is no argument, clearly he needs to go. 
That is not what the Raiders were trying to do though, thats why its frustrating... they literally tried to adhere to a mid qb for more years... Kind of defeats your whole point. 

The management fixed our issue but replacing the QB so bad, that we are now forced to draft a qb.. That is a weird way to say they did something good imo. 

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr played QB for the Raiders 9 seasons. He's always been a polarizing guy and will be a topic of conversation as long as he's starting.

The reason he's a hot button is because it was said all offseason the Raiders held him back all those years. We're getting a real look at the situation now and it's worth discussing. 

Throughout his 9 years, we had what 4 or 5 HCs? how many OCs? How mnay times did we lead the league in penalties? 

You need stability in the NFL to succeed. Raiders have had none. 

it sucks to admit, but yes, the Raiders are not a place to get the most out of talent.. look around the league to see former raiders doing well with proper systems and coaching in place. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well pushing GTD money to Jimmy for a couple years IMO is adhering to mid qb play but to each their own. 
cutting him would be the same as Carr, possible but expensive. 

We literally did the exact same thing, just Jimmy was even worse so there is no argument, clearly he needs to go. 
That is not what the Raiders were trying to do though, thats why its frustrating... they literally tried to adhere to a mid qb for more years... Kind of defeats your whole point. 

The management fixed our issue but replacing the QB so bad, that we are now forced to draft a qb.. That is a weird way to say they did something good imo. 

Yes, the regime botched the QB spot adding Jimmy. But that's not so much what I was speaking to. More just moving on from a bad QB. The Raiders would be in better shape today had they moved on from Carr in 2018 like a lot of us had hoped they would with Gruden. 

47 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Throughout his 9 years, we had what 4 or 5 HCs? how many OCs? How mnay times did we lead the league in penalties? 

You need stability in the NFL to succeed. Raiders have had none. 

it sucks to admit, but yes, the Raiders are not a place to get the most out of talent.. look around the league to see former raiders doing well with proper systems and coaching in place

Agree about stability, but that is not the topic. The topic is Carr and he's shown the Raiders did not hold him back. He is who he is. 

That said, I think the team as a whole would have been better off had they had better consistency in coaching and roster building. To much turnover over the years. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Yes, the regime botched the QB spot adding Jimmy. But that's not so much what I was speaking to. More just moving on from a bad QB. The Raiders would be in better shape today had they moved on from Carr in 2018 like a lot of us had hoped they would with Gruden. 

Agree about stability, but that is not the topic. The topic is Carr and he's shown the Raiders did not hold him back. He is who he is. 

That said, I think the team as a whole would have been better off had they had better consistency in coaching and roster building. To much turnover over the years. 

I mean realistically we agree on basically everything and im sure its semantics we talking over. 
Carr, jimmy, etc etc doesnt matter, paying 30 mil to a qb for a season kind of a waste. 
You either have an elite QB you pay top dollar for, or you go young and cheap to build a team around. 

I think the 2017 season was on Carr, the whole scandal thing from the wASH game I didnt want to believe, but the way NO lcker room acting I do think shows Carr just truly rubs a lot of players the wrong way. (i knew it wasnt good, but i am shocked at how fast it happened there lol)

I think MT is big at fault to, hes talking (posting on twitter) wayyy to much for a guy who hasnt been relevant in 4 years, but he has a point for sure... and that team just seems divided. Obviously Carr responsible for it too.

I just dont think you can say, look Carr having his worst year ever in NO.. therefore Raiders didnt hold him back. 

Raiders throughout Carrs career had a lot of issues, and Carr wasnt good enough to carry them through it. I think only like 3 or 4 qbs could. 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I mean realistically we agree on basically everything and im sure its semantics we talking over. 
Carr, jimmy, etc etc doesnt matter, paying 30 mil to a qb for a season kind of a waste. 
You either have an elite QB you pay top dollar for, or you go young and cheap to build a team around. 

I think the 2017 season was on Carr, the whole scandal thing from the wASH game I didnt want to believe, but the way NO lcker room acting I do think shows Carr just truly rubs a lot of players the wrong way. (i knew it wasnt good, but i am shocked at how fast it happened there lol)

I think MT is big at fault to, hes talking (posting on twitter) wayyy to much for a guy who hasnt been relevant in 4 years, but he has a point for sure... and that team just seems divided. Obviously Carr responsible for it too.

I just dont think you can say, look Carr having his worst year ever in NO.. therefore Raiders didnt hold him back. 

Raiders throughout Carrs career had a lot of issues, and Carr wasnt good enough to carry them through it. I think only like 3 or 4 qbs could. 

It's real simple and gives a a lot of credence to Hondo's report this past offseason wherein he said teammates grew tired of Carr not taking accountability for his poor play. 

Since he's been in NO, he's acted like he's doing them a favor being there. A lot of the usual finger pointing and not taking accountability. You can see the players (like Mike Thomas) are fed up with his nonsense. Thomas has really been sounding off on SM as you mentioned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

To be fair, we're technically still on the path of spinning our wheels with a mediocre QB. We're not in any position yet to get a top tier QB prospect yet. 

51 minutes ago, NickButera said:

To be fair, we're technically still on the path of spinning our wheels with a mediocre QB. We're not in any position yet to get a top tier QB prospect yet. 

True. But at least there is clarity around the position. The mindset with Carr was always "we have a QB" and kept rolling with middling results. Now it's at least clear it is a need area you have to address. 

And while they may not be able to get the top 2 guys, there are statistics that show those next couple guys are usually the ones that pan out.

Do you prefer going bold, trying to trade to the top? Sit and take the next wave of guy? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

He’s not an all-pro lol

It ain’t just the crying, it’s allowing players to get under his skin, pre game comments towards the 49ers etc

He’s showing signs of immaturity aka character concerns

Jalen Carter will be an All-Pro this season, you clearly don't watch the games.

Who cares if he cried, dude has been absolutely dominant this year, you were happy we drafted a poor man's Cle Ferrell over a generational talent because he trash talked and cried, lmfao.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

True. But at least there is clarity around the position. The mindset with Carr was always "we have a QB" and kept rolling with middling results. Now it's at least clear it is a need area you have to address. 

And while they may not be able to get the top 2 guys, there are statistics that show those next couple guys are usually the ones that pan out.

Do you prefer going bold, trying to trade to the top? Sit and take the next wave of guy? 

I prefer finding a way to get any of the top 3-4 prospects, and I'm happy. I'm not a steadfast believer in "the top 2 only" either, as you say many times the 3rd or 4th QB drafted pans out almost as often as a top 2 guy. 

I wouldn't mind trading a future first and this year first and 2nd for a top 2 guy, but I also wouldn't mind trading up 5 spots to get that 3rd guy either for less. 

• Like 4