Around The League V.2

Totty

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

David Carr does have a point with Jalen Hurts. He's not a good pocket player. He's been banged up, slowing his mobility. Without that, he's not a good drop back passer who can make reads and throw consistently. 

This is why Mahomes is the best in business. He is exceptional in the pocket, but can make plays outside it when he needs to. He doesn't rely on it, it's just a tool. The "elite" tag get thrown around on Hurts, but he is a bit system dependent. 

Player A (Elite): 3,127 yards (67.8% comp), 22 TD, 10 INT, 7.0 Y/A, 95.1 QB Rating

Player B (Not good): 2,995 yards (66.5% comp), 19 TD, 10 INT, 7.4 Y/A, 93.8 QB Rating

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

David Carr does have a point with Jalen Hurts. He's not a good pocket player. He's been banged up, slowing his mobility. Without that, he's not a good drop back passer who can make reads and throw consistently. 

This is why Mahomes is the best in business. He is exceptional in the pocket, but can make plays outside it when he needs to. He doesn't rely on it, it's just a tool. The "elite" tag get thrown around on Hurts, but he is a bit system dependent. 

Mariota is coming off one of the worst seasons ever from the pocket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Player A (Elite): 3,127 yards (67.8% comp), 22 TD, 10 INT, 7.0 Y/A, 95.1 QB Rating

Player B (Not good): 2,995 yards (66.5% comp), 19 TD, 10 INT, 7.4 Y/A, 93.8 QB Rating

Bending words again I see.... I said he's not a good pocket player. 

Player A has garbage WRs. Player B has elite WRs. That should be taken into account. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bending words again I see.... I said he's not a good pocket player. 

Player A has garbage WRs. Player B has elite WRs. That should be taken into account. 

For being a bad pocket player he's damn near producing at the same level as a passer as Mahomes.

Why can't Mahomes elevate his WRs?

On 12/6/2023 at 11:36 AM, NYRaider said:

For being a bad pocket player he's damn near producing at the same level as a passer as Mahomes.

When a WR has some talent, then an elite QB will elevate that WR's production.  But if the WR is just straight up dookie, then it doesn't matter how great the QB is, the WR is still going to be dookie.

12 hours ago, Jerry said:

When a WR has some talent, then an elite QB will elevate that WR's production.  But if the WR is just straight up dookie, then it doesn't matter how great the QB is, the WR is still going to be dookie.

Exactly, the QB can't catch the ball for them. 

On 12/6/2023 at 11:36 AM, NYRaider said:

You know you have to admit Carr help resurrect  Nelson Agholor’s career. In theory Mahomes has Kadarius Toney a former first rounder but he’s an injury waiting to happen 

Edited by SimonGruber
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

You know you have to admit Carr help resurrect  Nelson Agholor’s career. In theory Mahomes has Kadarius Toney a former first rounder but he’s an injury waiting to happen 

Carr definitely resurrected a few careers here and got guys paid. Nelly, Crabtree, Renfrow, and Waller to name a few. 

The Chiefs desperately need a true alpha #1 WR. I think Rice has the potential to be a nice #2 but adding someone like Mike Evans or one of the first rounder this year would go a long way.

9 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Man Carr is going to play. Hats off but this is foolish we are talking about concussions here. 

He's desperate not to lose the job to Winston and Allen can't have their 100 million dollar man outplayed by the backup. He did the same thing when he got hurt and Mariota stepped in.

End of the season, his camp will launch the "he was more injured than he lead on" narrative for his play this year. Same as it ever was.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Watching the Seahawks play in their throwback unis against the Cowboys was a treat, reminded me of when they were in the same division as the Raiders 😀

Great unis. Eagles are another one whose throwbacks are miles better than their current template.

• Like 1