Around The League V.2

Totty

On 12/4/2023 at 5:37 AM, BackinBlack said:

well the broncos kinda ruined our chances at keeping him for cheap, but I wouldve given him the same deal. (cheap for qb market, but def not cheap for stidys career tbh)

this was just a classic Raider F up... especially for JMD, you have such a tough system to learn... this guy has been in it, had a great game against SF, showed he could run it... and then you just let him go to get jimmy. ugh. 
like getting rid of Yannick to go get Chandler... 

we have / had enough holes to fill on the roster instead of creating new ones. 

JMD was just stupid 5M is cheap for a starting QB. We could have added more to the defense with the savings. As soon as JMD was fired I would have offered the Broncos a 5th or 6th to get Stidham back.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Should have drafted Levis.

I liked him at 7. Smart kid, plays with intangibles you can't teach and has unreal arm talent. Going to be fun to watch his career play out. He plays in like a kid on the playground who loves the game. 

Lesson with him. He was fantastic in 2021, then had a down year. What was lost was the change in OC and his best skill players and Oline were drafted. He had little help, but put it all on himself to make plays.

On 12/10/2023 at 10:00 AM, big_palooka said:

End of the season, his camp will launch the "he was more injured than he lead on" narrative for his play this year. Same as it ever was.  

Told you. Coming earlier than expected, but here comes the excuses. 

To play like trash and come out saying "no one even knew I played through them" is not the flex he thinks it is. You're either making excuses for being trash or worse, you didn't disclose injuries and hurt your entire team trying to hide them while playing like trash. 

I feel for Saints fans. What a predictable disaster this was and they are stuck with it for another year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Told you. Coming earlier than expected, but here comes the excuses. 

To play like trash and come out saying "no one even knew I played through them" is not the flex he thinks it is. You're either making excuses for being trash or worse, you didn't disclose injuries and hurt your entire team trying to hide them while playing like trash

I feel for Saints fans. What a predictable disaster this was and they are stuck with it for another year. 

I definitely agree with the bold part. It's wrong to play through an injury especially if it hinders your abilities, hurting your team to try and keep your job secure.

I genuinely don't think he's making excuses though, he's been on the injury report like every week this year it's not like he's lying about the injuries.

Not going to argue with the disaster part because we all know Carr's redzone TD efficiency issues. I still don't get why the Saints don't just use Carr to get to the redzone, and then just switch to Taysom Hill whenever they get inside the redzone? That's what I would do at least...

• Like 1

I liked him at 7. Smart kid, plays with intangibles you can't teach and has unreal arm talent. Going to be fun to watch his career play out. He plays in like a kid on the playground who loves the game. 

Lesson with him. He was fantastic in 2021, then had a down year. What was lost was the change in OC and his best skill players and Oline were drafted. He had little help, but put it all on himself to make plays.

He needs to pick his spots when lowering his shoulder lol dude was running like a FB lol I know his teammates love that though. 

Are we going to ignore that he has been bad in more starts than good? Like I said above, in his last 6 they're 2-4 and he has 4 TD / 3 INT and has completed 55%, that's not going to get it done.

• Like 1