Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Feel like this has been a down year for the NFL overall. There are seemingly like 5-6 games every week that are just flat out unwatchable. Maybe its always been like that idk but this year that seems to be more of the case.
The numerous season ending QB injuries this year definitely is the biggest factor in this. 

Beyond the QB injuries, there just doesn’t seem to be any super elite teams outside of SF and even they went through a 3 game skid. Dallas,Philly, KC, Bal, Det are all good teams capable of making a deep playoff run but they are also teams I wouldn’t be shocked if they lost their first playoff game. The Bills and Texans are two teams with amazing QB play that both may end up missing the playoffs in favor of Jake Browning, The corpse of Joe Flacco and Minshew mania lol. 

And outside of CJ Stroud, i feel like this has been a pretty bad year for most of the young QBs. Guys like Herbert , Fields, Lawrence were supposed to take that next step and they all may have regressed. There isn’t even a clear MVP or DPOY this late into the year. Just a weird year all around. 

Oline play in the NFL is at an all time bad. Argument is two fold according to most. A product of college offenses and the NFL no longer having two-a-days to develop these guys. 

You find any old school coach and they will point to the NFL doing away with two-a-days as cheapening the product from developmental standpoint. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Oline play in the NFL is at an all time bad. Argument is two fold according to most. A product of college offenses and the NFL no longer having two-a-days to develop these guys. 

You find any old school coach and they will point to the NFL doing away with two-a-days as cheapening the product from developmental standpoint. 

I think the defenses are catching up with the College based offense. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think the single digit jerseys play a factor also

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Dude hasn't thrown 3 tds in a game in years lol.

Pretty sure that clip shows him throwing 3 tds?

other than that, I’m guessing Seattle was the last? Or was Seattle only 2? Can’t remember, don’t really care either

Edited by BackinBlack

54 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Pretty sure that clip shows him throwing 3 tds?

other than that, I’m guessing Seattle was the last? Or was Seattle only 2? Can’t remember, don’t really care either

Pretty sure I meant it was his first time in a long time. Dude come in here talking about I thought he couldn't throw tds, he has 16 on the season. Lol went a 2 year stretch without any and had a couple late in 2022.

Edited by raidr4life

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What a great move it was shipping Waller off. Dude is such a shell of his former self and those hammys will always be a problem.

Mayer > Waller.

Dude has been more productive than Mayer this year while missing like 6 games, lol

32 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What a great move it was shipping Waller off. Dude is such a shell of his former self and those hammys will always be a problem.

Mayer > Waller.

Selfishly.... I just need Waller to have a vintage game this week for my fantasy playoff.  

• Like 1