Around The League V.2

Totty

32 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Another 1,000 yard season for Amari Cooper and he did it this year with 4 different starting QBs for Cleveland.

remember when some use to say he wasnt good enough and it was his fault he wasn’t producing, not a certain former qb of ours. 

Do you remember when teams won’t re-sign him because he’s over paid.

13 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

No the Bills should fire their while staff incl. players cause they barely Beat Easton Stick.

Cause as we know by now, beating Easton Stick ist worth nothing, right?

No I think the Chargers should give the interim coach a life time deal, if they don't we should hire him.

4 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

I see I'm in a debate with someone who doesn't really know Jalen Hurts. Let me clue you in..

First, in regards to Hurts being in the league before O'Connell, he should have been. Hurts had certain advantages that O'Connell never did. Hurts is the son of a football coach who raised him to play the position. 

He's been trained by his father since he was 8 years old. Specifically to be a quarterback. It's shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that he got to the league before a guy like O'Connell did.

That doesn't mean that Jalen will turn out to be better in the long run though. 

Let me clue you in a little bit about the Eagles offense. The first thing you need to know about the Eagles offense is that the Eagles count the box. 

So when the offense gets to the LOS, they count how many players are in the box and from that, they determine if they will run or pass. If they call a run play and they get up to the LOS and see that the D stacked the box, they audible at the line and call a pass play.

In other words, it's a very simplified system that Jalen is running specifically for him.

So let's rewind and recap to back to your point about Jalen being in the league first before O'Connell. 

1) He was raised by his dad who was a football coach who trained him specifically to play the QB position.

2) Through his training he developed his athleticism early on. So he was physically and athletically superior to Aidan at the same age.

3) He plays in a simplified offense designed for him.

Ok, so despite all these advantages Jalen had over Aidan, Jalen still can't read a disguised defense. 

He still leads the league in turnovers and they aren't acceptable turnovers, either. They are turnovers that are egregious that should have.never happened. Mental errors you'd expect from a rookie.

He is regressing. He was never an accurate passer to begin with but now his accuracy is just horrible. 

So when I tell you that I would take someone like Aidan over Hurts bro, it's not without good reason, excellent understanding of the subject, and sound logic. 

Again, I've seen every game Jalen ever played in this league, bro. I won't address this subject with you again after this. We'll agree to disagree.

In the meantime have a great Christmas. 

AOC sucks bro

Jets winning with a last second FG is good for our draft order prospects. Hopefully they can stumble into another win in their last two games.

Falcons also winning which is good. Unfortunately the Titans look like another team in meltdown and are stuck on 5 wins.

Hopefully Bears can beat the Cardinals here.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

pretty sure since leaving, Denico Autry has more sacks than all of our starting DTs combined over the last 6 years 🤦 

Another 1,000 yard season for Amari Cooper and he did it this year with 4 different starting QBs for Cleveland.

remember when some use to say he wasnt good enough and it was his fault he wasn’t producing, not a certain former qb of ours. 

Paid Carr and proceeded to Trade Mack and Cooper in consecutive seasons after drafting them in the top 10 and they weren’t busts

No clue why we let Autry walk via FA. He was productive rotation player with us

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Paid Carr and proceeded to Trade Mack and Cooper in consecutive seasons after drafting them in the top 10 and they weren’t busts

No clue why we let Autry walk via FA. He was productive rotation player with us

We should never have got rid of Cooper absolute class act as proven although the compensation was decent.

Not sure anyone in here was saying we should keep Autry at the time although fair play to him he’s carved out a great career. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bro Amari Cooper didn’t even want to be here. I remember him looking so miserable while he was here. People were talking about how he didn’t smile the entire time he was with the Raiders and then he was all smiles with the Cowboys. He was never going to resign with us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dessie said:

We should never have got rid of Cooper absolute class act as proven although the compensation was decent.

Not sure anyone in here was saying we should keep Autry at the time although fair play to him he’s carved out a great career. 

Considering we pivoted to Antonio Brown. Cooper should have never been traded as he was true pro was you mentioned 

pretty sure since leaving, Denico Autry has more sacks than all of our starting DTs combined over the last 6 years 🤦 

I liked him too. He had 5 sacks for us and we just let him walk. He was one of our best DL before he left. I never understand why we always let our good role players leave.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 2