Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I liked him too. He had 5 sacks for us and we just let him walk. He was one of our best DL before he left. I never understand why we always let our good role players leave.

It is why I want to resign Koonce this offseason. Autry was a solid rotation player. He left after the 2017 season.

Was that another Gruden decision?

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Reggie became a penny pincher for some reason with on of the guys him and his staff discovered 🥴

Gruden. If anyone is to blame for what happened with K. Mack it’s Gruden. I hate to say it but he just wanted a whiter team. I’m not even on that wagon but he really did change the makeup of the team. He went from Penn, Cooper, Mack to Miller, J. Nelson, and Crosby.

We became the whitest team in the NFL under Gruden. Still crazy to think about every now and then.

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

It is why I want to resign Koonce this offseason. Autry was a solid rotation player. He left after the 2017 season.

Was that another Gruden decision?

Only Gruden knows. But I agree with you. Hopefully we keep Koonce. Hopefully we keep our DC too. But knowing us, our DC is going to walk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It was Gruden and his style. He was happy under Del Rio

I don’t know about happy but he was happier with Del Rio than he was with Gruden. So yeah, I don’t think Cooper wanted to be here when we traded him.

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Bro Amari Cooper didn’t even want to be here. I remember him looking so miserable while he was here. People were talking about how he didn’t smile the entire time he was with the Raiders and then he was all smiles with the Cowboys. He was never going to resign with us.

Im not mad that we traded him. We got a first rounder out of it which was fair value, we just predictably failed at picking a good player.

Carr wasn't even throwing him the ball, I remember there would be games Carr would just completely ignore Cooper in favor of Seth Roberts and the Carr stans would yell that Amari wasnt good, or hes a #2 receiver, Carr needs an alpha etc.

Dude may not be flashy but hes proven to be a consistent, productive WR throughout the years. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Only Gruden knows. But I agree with you. Hopefully we keep Koonce. Hopefully we keep our DC too. But knowing us, our DC is going to walk.

Almost seems like Gruden took it to heart that the narrative around his Super Bowl was that he won it with Tony Dungy team.

So when he gets to the Raiders he blows up majority of the team, so he can say it was his team

Edited by bucksavage1

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

pretty sure since leaving, Denico Autry has more sacks than all of our starting DTs combined over the last 6 years 🤦 

Aye, and to make matters worse they let Shelby Harris walk too 😞 then traded Mack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

We should never have got rid of Cooper absolute class act as proven although the compensation was decent.

Not sure anyone in here was saying we should keep Autry at the time although fair play to him he’s carved out a great career. 

I’ll put my hand up for Autry, always liked him and wanted to retain him. Plus, I’m certain he said he really wanted to be here and would take less just to play for the Raiders as they gave him a shot as an UDFA, I specifically remember reading that at the time.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2023 at 3:11 PM, SimonGruber said:

Meh pretty sure the browns will resign him he going nuclear today lol

Maybe for under 20 million a week before this game he had 1000 yards three TDs and two fumbles. He’s a good middle of the pack number one that is it.

Edited by Bitty 2.0