Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

DC was a massive upgrade over our QB play this year. But I also think it's good for us to look ahead to what hopefully is a talented young QB hopefully on a rookie deal.

Both are and can be true at the same time.

this is where im at too. 

very excited to get a rookie qb, and would love to move to get the one we want. 
assuming Caleb and Maye unattainable, but JJ or Daniels, if we love one, just go get them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

DC was a massive upgrade over our QB play this year. But I also think it's good for us to look ahead to what hopefully is a talented young QB hopefully on a rookie deal.

He was a massive upgrade for a team with similar offensive talent and a similarly ranked defense in the worst division in football / with a cupcake schedule and they managed to win one more game than us. 

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

Agreed, their scheduled was cake.

But now that the season is over, facts show their defense was putrid. Taking in account the EASY teams they played, their defense was bottom ten in the league in scoring allowed and pass defense. And mediocre in run defense. Their defense was literally one of the worst in the league this year. That argument may have worked weeks 1-4 but not now that they played an egg in 2023. 

The Saints defense ranked ahead of ours in yards per game / points per game allowed, they were better than us statistically, against an easier schedule, and Carr was doo doo for most of the year.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You a casual. DC played turned up because he finally got over his bruised ribs. Wake up 

A decade in the league, 2 playoff appearances, 0 playoff wins

Saints gave Carr 100 mil gtd. They had the easiest strength of schedule in the league. They didn't play a game outdoors except for Tampa after October. They played in a horrible division. They missed the playoffs. It's an embarrassment on every front for them. They could have gotten the same results with Jameis Winston starting if not better.

Worse, because Carr had a couple nice games late, they will try to run it back with that group most likely and suffer again for it. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He was a massive upgrade for a team with similar offensive talent and a similarly ranked defense in the worst division in football / with a cupcake schedule and they managed to win one more game than us. 

Let it up, we had a bottom 5 offense and your jimmy take was horribly off. Just own it and we can move on.

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let it up, we had a bottom 5 offense and your jimmy take was horribly off. Just own it and we can move on.

And all of you slobbing on how great Carr was and how he just needed a defense / stable situation to thrive was also a horrible take bud. Own it and we can move on.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Saints gave Carr 100 mil gtd. They had the easiest strength of schedule in the league. They didn't play a game outdoors except for Tampa after October. They played in a horrible division. They missed the playoffs. It's an embarrassment on every front for them. They could have gotten the same results with Jameis Winston starting if not better.

Worse, because Carr had a couple nice games late, they will try to run it back with that group most likely and suffer again for it. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. That Carr guy is just good enough to show some false hope to hang on to his job again. They would be smart to fire Dennis Allen as the team proved they don’t respect him by scoring that last TD. By the way Saints negative 72 million in cap space 

Edited by bucksavage1

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And all of you slobbing on how great Carr was and how he just needed a defense / stable situation to thrive was also a horrible take bud. Own it and we can move on.

The majority of us didn’t say he was a savior. Just that we should get compensation, have a real plan to move on, and then pull the trigger on a good young qb. None of which happened and we severely downgraded without a single draft pick to show for it. A win is a win I guess?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

You a casual. DC played turned up because he finally got over his bruised ribs. Wake up 

I’ll eat crow I always said carr to jimmy was lateral and it wasn’t carr was better than jimmy easily. Carr iirc never had a year as bad as jimmy did

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Meh I wouldn’t say carr massive upgrade over aoc. But I was wrong about jimmy vs carr so yea

• Like 1