Around The League V.2

Totty

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Antonio Brown forced his way out? Currently unemployed.

Jadeveon Clowney forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension, currently unemployed.

Jalen Ramsey forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension. 

AB got an extension from us. 

Clowney is over pricing himself. 

Ramsey will get his extension. Rams gave up to much not to. 

41 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

YanniK is a 25yo speedy pash rusher who will likely be in the double digit sacks for the entire life of his contract.  He’s about to be hitting the ultimate prime for pass rushers.... 25-29.  He didn’t do anything crazy.... he acted mad and immature of Twitter trying to force his trade to get out of a ****ehole organization that everyone knows is a dump and get guaranteed, long term money?

also, maybe I’m misreading ur messes he’s but you seem awful “chippy” the last 2 days? I don’t say that as a ****e talking move.... just mean “everything good brother?”

Yannick has similar to production to Clowney but isn't the same level of run defender and there hasn't been much of a market for him this offseason. 

The anxiety is building up pre-draft. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yannick has similar to production to Clowney but isn't the same level of run defender and there hasn't been much of a market for him this offseason. 

I love how Kahn said in his tweet that there was no market. Both sides taking Ls. 

3 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

I love how Kahn said in his tweet that there was no market. Both sides taking Ls. 

When you look at the recent "blockbuster" level trades of star defensive players they haven't really paid dividends for the teams that acquired them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s all good brother.... just breathe.... and trust in Mayock! Lol. We’re all gonna make it!

I don’t wanna like drag this debate on to long cuz 1) I don’t honestly care about this subject at all 2) your relentless at debating like me .... it could turn into a early morning thing lol... respect 🤜🏻🤛🏻! 3) like most things were both 75% right

but..... I just think Teams have now realized Clowney isn’t going to be a great pass rusher.... he put together some nice stats.... everyone held out hope.... it’s just not going to ever happen.... he prolly already peaked at a 9 sack season

whereas Yannik is still not in his prime years and teams will likely think they can get at least a 12 sack type season out of him....and there’s legit optimism for even better.

i just seems it as both guys are traveling the opposite way.  Plus Clowneys asking price was just insane.... he could prolly get 15-16ish Mil per if he’d be reasonable.  It’s not like teams aren’t offering anything good,,,, he’s just stupidly holding out for the number his agent told him he’d get before FA started.... we’ll markets are always changing and teams across the board spent very very conservatively this year.  They ain’t gonna says “let’s go all in .... Clowney puts us over the top!”  

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Antonio Brown forced his way out? Currently unemployed.

Jadeveon Clowney forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension, currently unemployed.

Jalen Ramsey forced his way out? Didn't get a long term extension. 

Ramsey is 110% going to be the league's highest paid DB. Not sure that's a good example for you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Ramsey is 110% going to be the league's highest paid DB. Not sure that's a good example for you.

Most likely. But he played the entire 2019 season without the extension and will likely play some of the 2020 season without an extension as well. Football is a contact sport and guys get hurt all the time. A bad injury and he potentially just cost himself millions of dollars. Forcing your way out works if you're getting a guaranteed extension but if not you always run the risk of getting hurt or playing poorly and missing it. Yannick also isn't anywhere near the level of Ramsey. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Most likely. But he played the entire 2019 season without the extension and will likely play some of the 2020 season without an extension as well. Football is a contact sport and guys get hurt all the time. A bad injury and he potentially just cost himself millions of dollars. Forcing your way out works if you're getting a guaranteed extension but if not you always run the risk of getting hurt or playing poorly and missing it. Yannick also isn't anywhere near the level of Ramsey. 

But yannik is trying to force his way out of Jax and the Franchise Tag and into a guaranteed long term deal.  If Jax cut him a 4-5yr deal he’d be hugging Kahn not trying to get out.  He’d suck up the personal issues for the money.  It’s all about getting free and getting a team to give him the long term deal.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

But yannik is trying to force his way out of Jax and the Franchise Tag and into a guaranteed long term deal.  If Jax cut him a 4-5yr deal he’d be hugging Kahn not trying to get out.  He’d suck up the personal issues for the money.  It’s all about getting free and getting a team to give him the long term deal.

But didn't Clowney sign the tag and get traded without an extension? 

19 hours ago, FreshPrince said:

Hopefully this means we can find a way to get Yannick for a late, late pick (6th/7th (maybe late pick next year?)).

I know the Raiders reached on there 2 pick but they fill needs and are scheme fits but other teams WOW. I have no idea what they are doing.

I think there player rankings are not synced with their scheme or needs

Let's start off with the 49ers I don't understand why draft an D-lineman? How many times can you draft an D-lineman in the 1st round without neglecting the rest of the team?

Dallas CeeDee Lamb Great player doesn't fill a need. At best will be the 3th WR for the next 2 years.

Green Bay not helping out Aaron Rodgers and drafting his replacement instead. Hell they need help on both sides of the ball.

Baltimore drafting Patrick Queen. Baltimore got run over during the playoffs so they draft under size LB who has issues stopping a run?