Around The League V.2

Totty

27 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I saw part of the game and he was .... fine? Not a force  but more than acceptable for a rookie. They were done in by running back fumbles

He was okay but he just has average arm talent and isn’t very mobile. ESPN recently listed the Patriots as one of the top 5 offenses in the AFC over the Steelers, Titans, Chargers, etc. And they also listed them as one of their 5 Super Bowl contenders. 

17 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yup for 1st start, I thought Mac played well enough. Nothing spectacular.

I mean go watch Tom Brady first few years, the was ultra conservative with him to. 

Mac’s ceiling is a Jimmy G type of QB. He’s accurate and takes care of the ball but he’s not capable of making explosive throws or a threat as a runner. I think he’ll be decent this year but the hype surrounding him and their team coming into the year was unreal. People were acting like he was going to be Brady level this year lol

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh yeah anybody can do it as a gadget player on the goal line. But doesn't mean he's going to be able to march up the field lol

Ooook lol that was the David Montgomery show dalton wasn’t a factor. I’m sure the snaps fields got and the td helped his confidence 

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Everybody knows that when a rookie quarterback plays the defense plays different. They do things like focus on stopping on the run because they know the rookie quarterback doesn't fully have a grasp of the offense yet(Especially week 1) lol

You must’ve missed the pass he threw with Aaron Donald in his face

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You must’ve missed the pass he threw with Aaron Donald in his face

I did see that. A lot of can make an amazing throw or 2 or 10 in game. But its about can they make the right decisions down after down. It's why you would trade two first round picks for Trey Lance and then start Garrapolo then though trey lance is obviously who they want to lead a franchise. Or Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Everybody knows that when a rookie quarterback plays the defense plays different. They do things like focus on stopping on the run because they know the rookie quarterback doesn't fully have a grasp of the offense yet(Especially week 1) lol

Fields ability to be a threat with his legs and be effective in RPO's changes the entire way the defense plays. We saw it last season when Mariota had to step in and when Hurts took over in Philadelphia.