Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He still can't take snaps from center or beat a team from the pocket only. To think a QB will never get a sprained ankle or knee is foolish. When that happens what does the team do lose for 3-5  weeks because he can't run?

Well thats the point I'm making. Carr had a lot of similar issues but because it was a young quarterback that would have splash players people didn't understand that he didn't know how to fully play NFL quarterback yet. So in 2017 happened everybody was like oh he's trash. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

right but because he's a young quarterback everything he does was amplified. The difference between last year and this year is now there's expectations. Coming into this year he was being called the second best quarterback in the division.

He had the 6th most yards and 10th most TD of any QB in the league as a rookie despite not even playing week 1. And also rushed for like 300 yards and 5 TD. He was one of the best QB's in the league as a rookie. 

4 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He still can't take snaps from center or beat a team from the pocket only. To think a QB will never get a sprained ankle or knee is foolish. When that happens what does the team do lose for 3-5  weeks because he can't run?

He was nearly flawless going 20/25 for 290 yards and 3 TD in a super close game against the eventual Super Bowl champions.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That RB has led his team to the playoffs every year so he must be doing something right.

Tends to happen to well run franchises with great defenses, drafting, coaching, and management, in a division boasting the Bengals, Browns, and rapidly regressing Steelers.  

It's a franchise that Joe Flacco took to the playoffs 5 straight times. Jackson's got some work to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Tends to happen to well run franchises with great defenses, drafting, coaching, and management, in a division boasting the Bengals, Browns, and rapidly regressing Steelers.  

It's a franchise that Joe Flacco took to the playoffs 5 straight times. Jackson's got some work to do. 

He's on pace for 4,000 passing yards and 1,500 rushing yards, lol. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Their defense is going to be one of the best in the NFL. Vic Fangio is one of the best defensive coaches in the league and their defense is littered with talent at all 3 levels with guys like Chubb, Miller, Fuller, Surtain, Johnson, and Simmons. Their offense doesn't have to be top tier because their defense will keep them in most games. Teddy's not a great player but he's a veteran that is going to make plays and take care of the football. They'll also be able to run the ball with Javonte Williams/Melvin Gordon and have a nice group of weapons in the pass game with various skill-sets. Jeudy as their quicker WR, Sutton as their bigger WR, Hamler as their burner, and Fant is a super athletic TE. 

Having a good defense, being able to run the ball, and taking care of the ball are 3 key elements to winning in the postseason. 

I still think they're overhyped.  I still think we can beat them.  I still think we're the better team right now.  I still think they're going to end up in the middle of the pack at best.  Pretty sure Jeudy is hurt isn't he?  Also as for the pass rushers, other posters just shared that DEN's pass rush win rate is currently tied for the 7th worst in the NFL.  I'm just not taking them seriously as contenders.  I won't until they beat real competition.  They beat two bottom 5 teams in the NFL IMO.  Just not buying them being real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I still think they're overhyped.  I still think we can beat them.  I still think we're the better team right now.  I still think they're going to end up in the middle of the pack at best.  Pretty sure Jeudy is hurt isn't he?  Also as for the pass rushers, other posters just shared that DEN's pass rush win rate is currently tied for the 7th worst in the NFL.  I'm just not taking them seriously as contenders.  I won't until they beat real competition.  They beat two bottom 5 teams in the NFL IMO.  Just not buying them being real.

I don't think Denver is a legitimate contender, especially with the loss of Chubb and Teddy at QB. But they're going to be a good/competitive team. When the season's over I'd guess they're in last place, which isn't a knock on them, our division is just really good. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Denver is a legitimate contender, especially with the loss of Chubb and Teddy at QB. But they're going to be a good/competitive team. When the season's over I'd guess they're in last place, which isn't a knock on them, our division is just really good. 

That's my take

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We can beat any team right now but going forward it will be dependent on staying healthy.  We are a couple injuries away from having a serious drop off in starting talent.

The team will go as Carr goes, if he goes down it's tank time. 

• Like 2