Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, NYRaider said:

According to sources, the Dolphins are asking for a 2nd and/or 3rd for Fitzpatrick. And we're one of 6 teams in the mix to make a trade for him. 

A 2020 3rd and 3rd from 2021 is as high as I would go.  About to get angry about giving away the 2nd in the Mack trade.  Should never had happened.  Our 2nd would probably be viewed as higher value than almost all other teams right now.  Maybe not after this week though.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

A 2020 3rd and 3rd from 2021 is as high as I would go.  About to get angry about giving away the 2nd in the Mack trade.  Should never had happened.  Our 2nd would probably be viewed as higher value than almost all other teams right now.  Maybe not after this week though.

Fitzpatrick is definitely worth a 2021 2nd. We'd have him under control for the next 4 seasons on a cheap deal. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Fitzpatrick is definitely worth a 2021 2nd. We'd have him under control for the next 4 seasons on a cheap deal. 

If we have no plans to resign Joseph then yes he is.  If Joseph lives up to his talent this year I might want to just resign him.  We have only seen Joseph in coverage playing against TEs he and Joyner should never go up against because of size limitations.  I have yet to see Joseph get flat out beat though.  Until we signed Joyner I wanted to see Joseph lineup i the slot when the match-up was good.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Minkah hasn't proven he's an elite, or even Pro Bowl, talent in the NFL yet. Last season he played out of position at corner for a few games, and I wasn't particularly impressed otherwise. I was also much lower on him than most when he was coming out because I saw him as a niche player--a guy who excelled at playing in the slot in the flat zone. I view him generally as an average corner, an above-average safety (of which there are many already on the roster), and a quality slot zone corner/safety. As stated, I view Lemarcus Joyner as a better player than Fitzpatrick in just about every respect.

Corner is a much more valuable position and only Conley is the only proven above-average player at the position on the roster. If Conley had indeed gone down, the team would have been in dire straits at corner. Worley has only shown to be average and Mullen is a rookie who got picked on a lot with Conley out. Johnson being good is a complete crap shoot with the odds are that he's not.

With our situation now we are looking at a nickel lineup of Conley Joyner Riley Joseph and Worley

If we add Minkah I think we are a better team with Conley Joyner Minkah Joseph and Worley than if we add Howard and we are playing

Conley Joyner Riley Joseph Howard imo.

Plus the need is at Safety. Not corner. And Howard hasn't shown any desire to be moved while Minkah is praying for it. They will seek more in return for Howard than a disgruntled Minkah. And last but not least, Howard is due 5years 75mil. Minkah is on his rookie deal for the next 4 years.

Look I'm not saying Howard wouldn't be a great get. But it's not even on the table, not what we really need at this point and not as affordable (though we got the space...).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Look I'm not saying Howard wouldn't be a great get. But it's not even on the table, not what we really need at this point and not as affordable (though we got the space...).

We already have Conley and we just invested a 2nd round pick into Mullen. As you said CB isn't really a need right now and our top 4 CB rotation is really solid. Our safety group is terrible outside of Karl Joseph. 

Being we don’t have a 2nd how about the Bears 1st and 3rd for Miami 2nd and Fitzpatrick 

If Bears at 22 and Miami #33 then adding the 3rd rates the value at #54.

with the few LB’s we have, solid DB’s are needed. 

Edited by G

4 minutes ago, G said:

Being we don’t have a 2nd how about the Bears 1st and 3rd for Miami 2nd and Fitzpatrick 

If Bears at 22 and Miami #33 then adding the 3rd rates the value at #54.

with the few LB’s we have, solid DB’s are needed. 

If Gruden/Mayock trade a 1st in any scenario for Fitzpatrick, I’ll be livid. Especially since two 1sts next year in a loaded WR and DE class is more important than another CB imo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, true2form said:

I don't understand why we would even consider going after Minkah. Unless they're giving him away for a 3rd or less, I'm not interested. I'm not giving up a first that could be a DE/WR/LB that could set us up for the future.

You don't understand why we would trade a 2nd and/or 3rd for a player that was taken in the first and has huge upside in a position of need or you just wouldn't do it?

Who's to say that a back field of Minkah and Abrams won't help set us up for the future...