Identify Yourself (Freddie fans vs Those that hate winning)

NateDawg

Thoughts on Hire  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike

• Like (love winning)
    • Dislike (No longer a Browns fan)
    • Undecided (Can’t decide if I like winning)

43 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Very clickbaity title. 

Makes it sound like they had baker decide. It was smarter to go with the dude that has the rapport with Baker. Especially one that is very good. 

Also saying the rest of the AFC north is excited they went with a kitchen instead of someone more qualified. We just saw Kitchen and Baker destroy the Bengals defense twice and took the Ravens defense to the limits. 

Borderline garage article

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Very clickbaity title. 

Makes it sound like they had baker decide. It was smarter to go with the dude that has the rapport with Baker. Especially one that is very good. 

Also saying the rest of the AFC north is excited they went with a kitchen instead of someone more qualified. We just saw Kitchen and Baker destroy the Bengals defense twice and took the Ravens defense to the limits. 

Borderline garage article

If Baker liked the other guy over Freddie, you can bet things would have ended differently. Freddie being here is all about that relationship. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

If Baker liked the other guy over Freddie, you can bet things would have ended differently. Freddie being here is all about that relationship. 

True but if there were issues between Freddie and Baker, he would have never had the success or eventually even given the chance to interview. 

That was the great thing it about Freddie. I think he was the #1 on the coaching big board and they had interviews to see if anyone could over take Freddie. That’s why Freddie was last. Get everyone in and be able to compare them. 

Only coach that could have topped Freddie was prolly Lincoln

I love that Baker loves Freddie.

I love that Freddie has Baker’s back.

I love that after eviscerating the Bengals, Baker mimicked dropping his dong right in front of Freddie.

These two get each other and respect each other.  That like 75% of the battle when you’ve got a franchise QB.

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Damn look at those responses, did @Mastercheddaar hire @Mind Character to respond back?

just throwing pot shots and were getting a life time story for a response.

boys we are living rent free inside someone’s head!

tumblr_mtfzdeCGSm1rn4qwao6_250.gif

Yet, I leave all of you alone, minding my own business and you guys are the ones that tag me into your threads. If I am this unwanted then why include me at all? Why even mention me? Could it be something else? 

giphy.gif Jealousy maybe?

I mean I do get to watch meaningful playoff football whereas only thing you haters seem to have to do is talk about me? So tell you what children, I'm going to leave you all now and have meaningful playoff football discussions with a fanbase of the Reigning Superbowl Championships in a playoff Game Day Thread. Oh? letgobrownies didn't post one of those for all of you? O.o Awkward.... 

Fly Eagles Fly!

Mastercheddaar

PS - This was only meant for a few members. Most of you are fully functioning adults. For the vast majority of forum members that don't belong to a frat:  I kind of like the Kitchens as the HC thing but I'm on the fence about the defense... who do you guys want as your new DC?

I loved Freddie's play-call timing, play design, how he emphasized eye coaching with Baker, his redzone playcalling, and how he got the guys on the offense to buy-in and take ownership of the offense.

The only concern and even skepticism about his prowess as a play-caller I have is that we did not have success against winning teams, or really have good outings against successful defenses unless we were down by a lot of points and those defenses then went into play-calls that would keep the clock running and the ball from going over there heads, or in the case with Denver that could defense had crazy catastrophic injuries in the secondary (Denver) that helped our offense have success.

Our schedule with Freddie and the Defense we went up against (DVOA reflects total season & not the weak we faced them):

Kansas City 26th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (12-4) - Loss and Offensive Struggles

Atlanta 31st DVOA Defensive Efficiency (7-9) - Win and Offensive Success

Bengals 28th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (6-10) - Win and Offensive Success

Houston 7th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (11-5) - Loss and Offensive Struggles

Carolina 22nd DVOA Defensive Efficiency (7-9) - Win and Offensive Success

Denver 5th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (6-10) - Win and Offensive Success

Ratbirds 3rd DVOA Defensive Efficiency (10-6) - Loss and Offensive Struggle

-------------

I don't have enough information to know if Freddie will be an effective Culture and Program Leader or not, but his play-calling while impressive does deserve to be put in context.

This dumb MF over here braggin like he suits up for the Eagles to a bunch of dudes who wouldn’t mind if he drank bleach.

“I’m really a fan, you don't understand.... but I’m gonna go root for the better team, turds.... but I’m hardcore Browns.....fly eagles fly...”

Sweet baby Jesus, desperation is a stinky cologne.

58 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Mind Character 

I thought Freddie had a great game against Baltimore, if they dont run for 296 yards we probably win the game. 

My only criticism of that game was the run design, which was terrible, but I am not sure of that a freddiething or a bin Wylie thing.

I think you're right to say that Freddie didn't call a poor game against the Ratbirds, but I did deem that a game with offensive struggles as the route combos and route depth we had on 3rd and 1st allowed the LBs and nickel DBs to sink underneath in zone.

When they zero blitzed the heck out of us, I didn't think Freddie gave Baker easy answers to pass the test all the time and was overaggressive with some of the calls.

5 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

This was only meant for a few members. Most of you are fully functioning adults. For the vast majority of forum members that don't belong to a frat:  I kind of like the Kitchens as the HC thing but I'm on the fence about the defense... who do you guys want as your new DC?

For me it's someone with experience as a HC and wants to stick with the 4-3.  Though 3-4 principles are fine for the right guys like Pagano.  But Vance Joseph seems like a good option.  Someone in here brought up jack Del Rio and I liked that idea.  I think experience as HC to help Freddie be the CEO is important though.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I loved Freddie's play-call timing, play design, how he emphasized eye coaching with Baker, his redzone playcalling, and how he got the guys on the offense to buy-in and take ownership of the offense.

The only concern and even skepticism about his prowess as a play-caller I have is that we did not have success against winning teams, or really have good outings against successful defenses unless we were down by a lot of points and those defenses then went into play-calls that would keep the clock running and the ball from going over there heads, or in the case with Denver that could defense had crazy catastrophic injuries in the secondary (Denver) that helped our offense have success.

Our schedule with Freddie and the Defense we went up against (DVOA reflects total season & not the weak we faced them):

Kansas City 26th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (12-4) - Loss and Offensive Struggles

Atlanta 31st DVOA Defensive Efficiency (7-9) - Win and Offensive Success

Houston 7th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (11-5) - Loss and Offensive Struggles

Carolina 22nd DVOA Defensive Efficiency (7-9) - Win and Offensive Success

Denver 5th DVOA Defensive Efficiency (6-10) - Win and Offensive Success

Ratbirds 3rd DVOA Defensive Efficiency (10-6) - Loss and Offensive Struggle

-------------

I don't have enough information to know if Freddie will be an effective Culture and Program Leader or not, but his play-calling while impressive does deserve to be put in context.

I don't think Freddie's game plans vs. Houston and Baltimore were bad. We lost the Ravens game because we couldn't stop their rushing attack. We scored 24 points on them, and that's with Baker throwing three INTs that game. Against Houston, Baker struggled in the first half and I think Freddie did a nice job of adjusting at the half to make things easier for Baker. We just couldn't mount a comeback because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot all game long with penalties, turnovers, etc. Not because of a poor game plan. In my opinion, at least.

With that said, it is a small sample size. But you can't argue that Freddie and the offense was successful during that time. Can the offense sustain it? We'll see. Can Freddie lead the entire team and handle the responsibilities of a head coach? We'll see. But at this point in time, I'm willing to give Dorsey the benefit of the doubt in that he picked the right man for the job.

Archived