Jets to hire Gregg Williams as DC

barnaby8787

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This move makes Jenkins in no mans land. Not good enough to be a DE but to big and slow for LB

Yeah I agree. He may have some trade value. He is a solid edge setting and run defending OLB that had like 6-7 sacks last year. Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder for a decent starter? Just throwing it out there

I also don't like the idea of not resigning Anderson. He has good value as a pass rushing DT in a 4-3. The DL needs a rotation so it'd be nice to have him part of that with Leo, Shepard and others. Its DE in a 4-3 we'd be hurting at. Bc as of now... we really have no one for either spot that's worthy of starting. Luckily that's the most deep position in FA.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I also don't like the idea of not resigning Anderson. He has good value as a pass rushing DT in a 4-3. The DL needs a rotation so it'd be nice to have him part of that with Leo, Shepard and others. Its DE in a 4-3 we'd be hurting at. Bc as of now... we really have no one for either spot that's worthy of starting. Luckily that's the most deep position in FA.

I could be wrong but I think his problem at Indy was they tried to make him a 43 DE.  I think as a 43 DT he’d be fine.

Also can Jenkins play The Mike? He’s the right size and is a good tackler. Schobert was an OLB in college and was turned into a pretty good Middle linebacker.  I can also see Jenkins gaining 5-10 lbs and playing the DE provided we get a pass rusher on the other side

31 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I could be wrong but I think his problem at Indy was they tried to make him a 43 DE.  I think as a 43 DT he’d be fine.

Also can Jenkins play The Mike? He’s the right size and is a good tackler. Schobert was an OLB in college and was turned into a pretty good Middle linebacker.  I can also see Jenkins gaining 5-10 lbs and playing the DE provided we get a pass rusher on the other side

Jenkins at Mike?

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Several classes lol. I hope the scheme change does him very well though. 

Vilma was the one reason I didn't want to switch to 3-4. I was devastated when we got rid of him.  Him and Abraham may have been my all time favorites on defense with Kerry Rhodes.  What could have been...

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Why would the Jets want to let Anderson go he is only real pass rusher on the defensive line. We let Davis go last year and he lead the Saints in tackles this year.

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Why would the Jets want to let Anderson go he is only real pass rusher on the defensive line. We let Davis go last year and he lead the Saints in tackles this year.

Becuase he becomes more of a square peg in round hole kind of guy with a switch to the 4-3, which is why he didn't work out in Indy. Maybe like some mentioned, he could rotate with Leo and play the 3-tech but he's not as athletic as Leo.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This move makes Jenkins in no mans land. Not good enough to be a DE but to big and slow for LB

Lee is the only good fit for the position. Williamson may play well in it, but he might struggle a bit more with more land to cover now. Honestly, Lee and Leo are the only 2 in the front 7 I feel like will benefit from the change. We will now have to rebuild the front 7. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Greg Williams as a coach, but I just wanted to stick with the 34 now that the 3 type of players we would need to complete the defense are sitting in free agency and the draft. Out of the top 5 scoring defenses, only 1 team runs the 4-3 (Jax). Out of the Bottom 5, 4/5 teams run the 4-3. It might be tough for us to make the transition. 

42 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Becuase he becomes more of a square peg in round hole kind of guy with a switch to the 4-3, which is why he didn't work out in Indy. Maybe like some mentioned, he could rotate with Leo and play the 3-tech but he's not as athletic as Leo.

Leo is not a DE end, I have been saying this for a year. He would be a great DT.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Leo is not a DE end, I have been saying this for a year. He would be a great DT.

That's exactly why the switch is perfect for him. He'll kick inside and play 3tech DT and will hopefully wreak havok from that position. But it's important that we get 2 good DE.

Archived