The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

11 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Jerry is the one in charge, not Garrett. However, reports are coming that Jerry and Stephen asked the players how they felt about Linehan and the answers weren’t positive. In fact, they apparently mirrored those of Dez Bryant last year.

Where was this last year?

We all know Dez has been open about it.

I dont think Coop was a big fan of him based on the comments from the Eagles game.

It's not like this year was 10 times worse than last year. If anything it was a bit better (still not good though).

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

His problem was concentration drops, and I think that stemmed from his frustration with Linehans offense/young QB.  Now he has missed a year of football and has to rehab an injury at 30.

No telling what you'd get from him except a good price.

At the least I think you improve the redzone offense with Dez. For a team with no TE and a WR1 that doesn't do jump ball fades, he could be of use. At the most I think you get a solid #2. Not that I want to impede the growth of Gallup but at this point Beasley may cost more than Dez. I think Amari, Dez, or Gallup could hand some slot work.

FINALLY something we agree on.

7 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

This is one of those weird things where I'm obviously very happy he's gone because he was just toxic. But from the human side of it, I always feel bad celebrating someone losing their job.

In any event, my guess is we won't see a ton of change from an infrastructure standpoint, but maybe a new play caller offers some variety in what we do in 3rd/4th and short and red zone situations. Offense looks much better if they can score in the red zone at even a league average clip.

NEVER EVER feel bad for anyone who makes millions with a world of people who suffer from poverty and starvation. If SL never coaches a day again, he is still one of the blessed ones.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Where was this last year?

We all know Dez has been open about it.

I dont think Coop was a big fan of him based on the comments from the Eagles game.

It's not like this year was 10 times worse than last year. If anything it was a bit better (still not good though).

I think hearing it for two straight seasons was enough to force the issue. My guess is that Linehan was given this season as the “make-up” year after last season’s debacle, and he failed. Mainly, because Garrett failed. His garbage coaching and garbage offense is the root of the problem.

Would prefer Coley, just because Nussmeier did so well with TEs. But, honestly I'd be ok with either. Both are experienced QB coaches which I think is a must. 

Given the opinions I've seen on Nussmeier, I'm expecting a meltdown if it's him....which I think it probably will be in the end. 

Archived