AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

6 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

It's not windy right? Other than the ball being quite a bit harder, cold should not effect performance drastically like wind would.

Wind is definitely worse, but if it gets down to -10 (a number I heard kicked around) it will play a part. Not even as far as passing, but taking hits will be grueling. Not sure how much the heated field offsets it, can't imagine much.

10 below would be lowest temp in Kansas City in 5 years. 31 degrees lower than the January low average. This isn't an everyday occurence, and not something you can just "practice for." Saturday is the only day this week even remotely approaching that, at a high of 27.

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Chiefs fans, do you expect the game to be sold out? I know it’s supposed to like 8 degrees at kickoff and possibly a snow storm coming in the day before?

Seriously? The first ever AFCCG in Arrowhead history and you're wondering if it would be sold out? 

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Wind is definitely worse, but if it gets down to -10 (a number I heard kicked around) it will play a part. Not even as far as passing, but taking hits will be grueling. Not sure how much the heated field offsets it, can't imagine much.

10 below would be lowest temp in Kansas City in 5 years. 31 degrees lower than the January low average. This isn't an everyday occurence, and not something you can just "practice for." Saturday is the only day this week even remotely approaching that, at a high of 27.

Same goes for a 42 year old Tom Brady

1 minute ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I will question his performance in these conditions versus this team. Not slobbing the guys knob because he's had a fantastic year, I'll leave that to you guys. This won't be an easy game for him. 

It wont be an easy game for anybody if its going to be below freezing.

Actually i think these temperatures can affect both QBs equally bad. We just don't know, because it's very rare that either one of them plays in such conditions. We can say that Mahomes might struggle, but we can also say that Brady will struggle in these conditions. Let's just see what happens, because claiming anything else is just speculation without any proof. For the game itself i'm confident in the Chiefs. It's weird but after the win last week i'm feeling that we can win this game as well.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Same goes for a 42 year old Tom Brady

He has played and performed in the hypothetical conditions. Played college at Ann Arbor. Been through NE winters. Questioning his play in harsh weather is unwarranted compared to the southern boy Mahomes. Proven vs unchartered. Mahomes could outplay him of course, but has not played in these conditions. Bottom line.

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

Actually i think these temperatures can affect both QBs equally bad. We just don't know, because it's very rare that either one of them plays in such conditions. We can say that Mahomes might struggle, but we can also say that Brady will struggle in these conditions. Let's just see what happens, because claiming anything else is just speculation without any proof. For the game itself i'm confident in the Chiefs. It's weird but after the win last week i'm feeling that we can win this game as well.

Questioning doesn't equal claiming. Keep up guys.

6 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

"This won't be an easy game for him"

This is called a "claim". Keep up yourself.

Unless somebody plays in that type of weather consistently, anyone is prone to have a good game or a bad game. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

"This won't be an easy game for him"

This is called a "claim". Keep up yourself.

Unless somebody plays in that type of weather consistently, anyone is prone to have a good game or a bad game. Time will tell.

That's separate from the weather. That was in regards to "versus this team". Good try, sport.

15 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Just that you know, i'm not a native english speaker. I don't see a difference between both things in this case tbh. We shouldn't question that one guy is worse than the other in these conditions, nor should we claim it. I wanted to say that it's irrelevant, because whatever will be said in this regard against one of the QBs can most likely just be said about the other QB as well, because these conditions are unique.

"Time will tell, we can't question...."

Do you guys know this is a website literally called Footballs Future? Projecting, predicting football, specifically based on prior factors, is kind of what this website is about. Do you guys just sit in the Chiefs forum and talk about the Colts game?

Archived