AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Probably already posted, but Pats 0-3 in their last 3 CCs away from Foxborough (Denver ‘15 and ‘13, Colts ‘06). Brady won his first two of these games, both in Pitt (‘01 and ‘04).

Since ‘05, 1-4 on the road and Brady has sub 70 passer rating. 

There’s a chance. Let’s go Big Red!

Two of those game the Pats had major personal losses. Gronk ACL '15 and '13 they lost most of the OL and their backups. No excuses however it would be hard for the Chiefs if they lost Travis Kelce,  beating the Denver(awesome) defense '15.

This is just dumb.  It's like earlier I heard someone say, "Tyreek Hill won't be able to run as fast or change direction like he normally would".... Um, are the Chiefs only playing in this weather or am I mistaken?  What about defensive backs being able to change direction and run?  No impact to those guys?

I mean, dang.  It's almost like the Chiefs are playing in -10 degree weather while the Patriots are playing in 75 degrees.  Seems like the weather only impacts one team for this game.  That's pretty interesting.

26 minutes ago, showtime said:

This is just dumb.  It's like earlier I heard someone say, "Tyreek Hill won't be able to run as fast or change direction like he normally would".... Um, are the Chiefs only playing in this weather or am I mistaken?  What about defensive backs being able to change direction and run?  No impact to those guys?

I mean, dang.  It's almost like the Chiefs are playing in -10 degree weather while the Patriots are playing in 75 degrees.  Seems like the weather only impacts one team for this game.  That's pretty interesting.

The fact that it goes over your head is....unfortunate. I will try one more time for you and if you dont get it you can join those Chiefs fans who just want to gargle Patty Mahomes, I dont care much; was looking for honest reasoning but that's long gone.

People react differently to the same weather. You can also become conditioned to weather over time. I live in the Northeast--when friends/family visit from the South they will be bundled up in coats and scarves for 50 degree weather. They just aren't used to it. 50 degrees for those used to 10-20 degree days is nothing. We wear shorts. They can't fathom it. Just like Minnesotans laugh at 15 degrees. They deal with -20 like its nothing. A person can be conditioned to environments. Kids in Russia play in water in negative degrees, kids in Mexico doing that would go into shock. 

You simplifying it down to Person A and Person B are affected in the same exact way in a certain environment is not physiologically accurate. At all.

I will question the ability for a kid who grew up in Texas, who hasnt played in a game under 26 degrees and wonder how he will hold up to -10 degree weather. How it can impact his mechanics. How the hits will hurt far worse. How it can affect his psyche. He's a damn good player and very confident, calm...he could excel. He might not. We haven't seen it. Fan boys are trying to play it off, but -10 is extreme conditions and nobody has seen him play in these in his career (at least not that has been mentioned). Brady others here have questioned, but his background lends itself towards someone who can perform in these conditions and has. It's been a while, but in my opinion he would be less affected given his track record and conditioning for this weather.

I'm not worried about how it affects Hill or really any non-QB. I don't think overall it will skew the game enough unless it gets to Mahomes. Which is a total unknown.

4 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

The fact that it goes over your head is....unfortunate. I will try one more time for you and if you dont get it you can join those Chiefs fans who just want to gargle Patty Mahomes, I dont care much; was looking for honest reasoning but that's long gone.

People react differently to the same weather. You can also become conditioned to weather over time. I live in the Northeast--when friends/family visit from the South they will be bundled up in coats and scarves for 50 degree weather. They just aren't used to it. 50 degrees for those used to 10-20 degree days is nothing. We wear shorts. They can't fathom it. Just like Minnesotans laugh at 15 degrees. They deal with -20 like its nothing. A person can be conditioned to environments. Kids in Russia play in water in negative degrees, kids in Mexico doing that would go into shock. 

You simplifying it down to Person A and Person B are affected in the same exact way in a certain environment is not physiologically accurate. At all.

I will question the ability for a kid who grew up in Texas, who hasnt played in a game under 26 degrees and wonder how he will hold up to -10 degree weather. How it can impact his mechanics. How the hits will hurt far worse. How it can affect his psyche. He's a damn good player and very confident, calm...he could excel. He might not. We haven't seen it. Fan boys are trying to play it off, but -10 is extreme conditions and nobody has seen him play in these in his career (at least not that has been mentioned). Brady others here have questioned, but his background lends itself towards someone who can perform in these conditions and has. It's been a while, but in my opinion he would be less affected given his track record and conditioning for this weather.

I'm not worried about how it affects Hill or really any non-QB. I don't think overall it will skew the game enough unless it gets to Mahomes. Which is a total unknown.

Did you read what I wrote at all?  They said Tyreek Hill WILL NOT be able to run as fast or change direction.  But all the Patriots defensive backs can?  How does that work.  My post literally did not mention Mahomes AT ALL.  Not sure why you're talking about him in a response to me.

Why will only Hill be negatively impacted, but the defenders not be?

32 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Kansas City's normal January min-max temp is 20-38

Boston's is 22-36

I fail to see the difference. You say Kansas City isn't used to -10, but to @showtime's point neither is New England really...

8 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Boston's is 22-36

I fail to see the difference. You say Kansas City isn't used to -10, but to @showtime's point neither is New England really...

Thank you.  Like I said, if this was the Rams or Dolphins going into those type of temperatures then I could understand.

11 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Boston's is 22-36

One QB has been in New England for 17 years and Ann Arbor Michigan 4 years before that. The other has been in Kansas City for 18 months and Texas before then, and no mention of a game under 26 degrees.

If you want to use that argument for a non QB go right ahead. Im concerned with QB play only in regards to weather,  the rest I agree should be mostly even.

4 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

One QB has been in New England for 17 years and Ann Arbor Michigan 4 years before that. The other has been in Kansas City for 18 months and Texas before then, and no mention of a game under 26 degrees.

If you want to use that argument for a non QB go right ahead. Im concerned with QB play only in regards to weather,  the rest I agree should be mostly even.

Well @showtime was talking about Tyreek vs the corners to be fair. 

But without wind I don't see this as much of a factor. North Texas and Lubbock can get colder than you think. Cold shouldn't make the difference that wind would. Guess we will wait and see.

Archived