AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

Probably already posted, but Pats 0-3 in their last 3 CCs away from Foxborough (Denver ‘15 and ‘13, Colts ‘06). Brady won his first two of these games, both in Pitt (‘01 and ‘04).

Since ‘05, 1-4 on the road and Brady has sub 70 passer rating. 

There’s a chance. Let’s go Big Red!

On 1/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, Starless said:

I know it's cliché but this one's going to come down to fundamentals and execution. I don't trust either team's defense to be able to stop the opposing offense more than once or twice in this game and it may well come down to who has the ball last, just like in week 6.

I'll say the Chiefs squeak it out by a score of like 37-35.

Yeah there's no way in hell that both teams get only one or two stops in the entire game. That would be obscene.  Remember, the Pats have the #7 scoring defense

1 hour ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Yeah there's no way in hell that both teams get only one or two stops in the entire game. That would be obscene.  Remember, the Pats have the #7 scoring defense

Numbers inflated against their bad division and home games.

They have not been very good outside the AFC East and/or road games.

Honestly don't think Pats can win at Arrowhead. They'll play tough, and I'd be shocked if it was an outright blow-out, but they've been patchy to downright bad on the road this year. Then again, I thought the Chargers might very well trounce us up and down the field, so who knows.

If the Pats lose, it will be the 2nd time in four years that a missed extra point cost us a Superbowl attempt. Space Ghost missed one in Denver in 2015 that turned out to being the deciding margin of the game, and he missed one in Miami this season which allowed the Miracle in Miami to happen. Such fine margins, in another branch of the Mulitverse the Patriots have won four SBs in a row and playing for their 5-peat.

What a glorious world to live in that would be.

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Ehh...I'm pretty sure that the winner of the NFCCG will be rooting for the Patriots. If we win, I'd rather play the Patriots. If we lose, I'd rather see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Not surprising since you think we suck and will lose by 21+ at KC. We'll see how it plays out. I'd take any bet that spots us 21 points though.

14 hours ago, CKS97 said:

The ONE time New England has to play an AFC-CG away from Gillette.... and the weather is supposed to be horrifyingly cold.

Of course.

Tbf it's winter so it's normal for weather to be cold for playoffs. And if new England do better in cold weather we'll that's them being good. Especially if they overcome it away. 

Dont think that belongs in the same category of things just happening right for new England, as usual. 

Archived