Kyler Murray

LoganF89

54 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And yet, his teams have a 14-4 record without Brady under center for an extended period of time. Yes, they both benefit from each other. Bill benefits because Brady is a great QB. But make no mistake, Brady goes nowhere if he's on the Redskins with the coaches/teams we had. Meanwhile, again...Bill got the Browns to an 11-5 record. We haven't even done that since 1991.

Not in the playoffs, the playoff pressure for a QB is a different animal. 

I think guys like Brady and other elite QBs are more self-made than coached up to be great. Brady, Montana, Favre, Marino, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees, Big Ben etc worked their tails off and studied harder than anyone. 

The coaches help them, no doubt but I think if we had drafted Brady, signed or drafted Brees, drafted Favre, Ben or Rodgers that they'd be the same players no matter what. Guys like this work harder than everyone else to be great, they would be accept being average or just good.

Any coach can tell the guy what to do, but its up to those players to put in the work to be great, even work away from the team.

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And with the culture he has put into place, the rest of the team will take care of themselves.  I have no doubts he could groom another QB in time when Brady retires, but it sounds like Brady is in it for a few more years, which is insane.

Taking the conversation a little off track with this, but: New England has a blind spot with Brady. It's understandable, but no other player under Belichick has ever been placed ahead of the team like Brady has. The fact that Brady essentially chased their QBOTF candidates out of town means they're going to suffer when he retires. Over the long haul, they'll probably be fine, but Brady is the only player that can dictate to Belichick when/if he stays or who else is in his slot for the depth chart. And don't tell me it's because he's a future HoFer either. Belichick had no problem torpedoing Randy Moss and Ty Law.

32 minutes ago, Woz said:

Taking the conversation a little off track with this, but: New England has a blind spot with Brady. It's understandable, but no other player under Belichick has ever been placed ahead of the team like Brady has. The fact that Brady essentially chased their QBOTF candidates out of town means they're going to suffer when he retires. Over the long haul, they'll probably be fine, but Brady is the only player that can dictate to Belichick when/if he stays or who else is in his slot for the depth chart. And don't tell me it's because he's a future HoFer either. Belichick had no problem torpedoing Randy Moss and Ty Law.

Ahh whatever. You’d be fine with it too if our QB was playing us only a super bowl almost every year lol. New England has enjoyed unprecedented success and it’s bound to swing back in the other direction at some point. It won’t be the fault of Tom Brady.

I don’t think it makes him any more diserable than before. Maybe I’m crazy I just don’t see how he’s going to succeed at the next level? He’s a great college QB but he can’t sit in the pocket. There’s just no way his height will allow it and don’t give me Brees or Wilson cause they’re both much taller than he is. 

Just now, HailToTheVictors+Redskins said:

He now says that he's 100% committed to football. This now makes him a lot more desirable.

Only buying that if he returns the signing bonus money he got from the A's.

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think it makes him any more diserable than before. Maybe I’m crazy I just don’t see how he’s going to succeed at the next level? He’s a great college QB but he can’t sit in the pocket. There’s just no way his height will allow it and don’t give me Brees or Wilson cause they’re both much taller than he is. 

I saw some quote that he could be the first player ever to be drafted in the first round of both the MLB and NFL drafts.  I was sitting their thinking, I could seriously see him being a bust in both sports.  

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I saw some quote that he could be the first player ever to be drafted in the first round of both the MLB and NFL drafts.  I was sitting their thinking, I could seriously see him being a bust in both sports.  

Except his floor in baseball might be a Mike Cameron type player- great defense, great speed, above average power, low average.  Of course, MLB has a lot of busts, as do all drafts, but Murray has the tools to succeed.  That kind of player in MLB might very well make more money than any NFL player except a top QB once the day is over.  Using an example like Lorenzo Cain, who is a good comparable, Murray would make over $100 million by the team he went through arbitration, hit FA and signed a FA contract.  The bust chance is so much more in the NFL, but at the same time, if he busts at both, the NFL will make him more money as a first or second round pick, as he is guaranteed four years on a contract.  

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Well- If someone takes him top 14- pushes one more good player down to our pick ! 9_9

Awaiting the updated DraftTek algorithmic mock, but last week they had Haskins going to the Giants at 6, Murray to the Bengals at 11. So, maybe we get lucky?

Our top three rounds ended up as (natural picks only, they haven't included the compensatory picks yet because they haven't been formally announced):

1. WR D.J. Metcalf, Ole Miss
  2. OG Martez Ivey, Florida
  3. QB Brett Rypien, Boise State

That said, I strongly suspect that will change this coming week since Daniel Jones was available to Washington when their second round pick came around in their most recent shuffle of their big board.

Just now, lavar703 said:

If the Redskins take DK Metcalf I’d probably just be the done with this franchise. Hollywood Brown is infinitely better and should be available. 

Keep in mind that the DT folks rank their own players, and the system picks based on the inputs (both from the big board and from the team needs settings). In their particular case, they treat Brown as a WRS (smaller/speedy wide receiver) and the team need on a WRS is currently set to a 4 (draft for depth only). WRF ("X" or "Z" receiver) is set to a 2 (high need). Personally, I'm not a fan of this hair splitting they do, but that's their system. They do say that certain teams (Carolina with Steve Smith, Pittsburgh with Antonio Brown) have used WRS type receivers as their primary receiver, but they generally pull out the smaller guys and rank them lower.

For what it's worth, DraftTek has Brown ranked 55th overall behind Metcalf (11th), Kelvin Harmon (17th), J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (18th), A.J. Brown (22nd), N'Keal Henry (30th), Riley Ridley (45th), and Deebo Samuel(*) (54th). So, if you ignore the split between WRF/WRS, they view him as the 8th draftable receiver, mostly due to his size. I will leave it to the rest of you to discuss/debate the merits of that order.

(*) Samuel is treated as a WRF because while he is 5'11", he weighs in at 215.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If the Redskins take DK Metcalf I’d probably just be the done with this franchise. Hollywood Brown is infinitely better and should be available. 

So DJ MetCalf it is? not that I want to see you not be a redskins fan anymore, but I’m very interested to see if people will actually do it and 100% give up on them agree bring lifelong fans.

Trust me,I’ve tried to go all Steelers and no Redskins. It doesn’t work. Even when the Steelers were Super Bork contests, I was still in the Redskins forum more bc that’s where my heart is.

Archived