Cam Newton to sit out 2019?

Elky

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

She’s a treasure everywhere people have eyes.

This is where 2016 me, just to throw a grenade/watch the fallout while I casually step back and watch, would have said something like:

"Eh, she's ok"

42 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

QB sacks, hits and pressures are as much a QB stat (and offensive scheme stat) as an OL stat. Time to throw vs. pressure rate. I didn't watch the Panthers much this season so I'm not sure how much is Cam and how much is the OL, but Cam was 20th in time-to-throw this season, which was about middle of the pack: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw. Correct if I'm wrong, but I always thought Carolina was more of a vertical passing scheme too, so that accounts for some of it as well, but Cam wasn't at the top of the leaderboard last season for either average completed air yards or average intended air yards.

Vertical passing game requires a good OL as well as other means of pass protection support in order to properly execute 

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Vertical passing game requires a good OL as well as other means of pass protection support in order to properly execute 

Right. But considering how Cam isn't at the top of the leaderboard for completed air yards (CAY) or intended air yards (IAY), it seems as if the passing philosophy has mixed in a lot more short passing than it used to. That makes a lot of sense considering the kind of receiving weapon McCaffrey is out of the backfield.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

She’s a treasure everywhere people have eyes.

Fair. She's the queen bee in Houston, ahead of Kealia Ohai (the future Mrs. JJ Watt) and not as grimy as Mia Khalifa (a rumored paramour of Deshaun Watson) or Iggy Azalea (rumored to be with DeAndre Hopkins).

We're not going to go into the scorecard of one James Harden - who once dated a Kardashian and has his jersey retired at Dreams Cabaret. (Yup, he does).

On 1/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, ET80 said:

my OCD in relation to people without a round number of likes (at least 50 of these likes are me when I see him at 399, 499, 599, etc...)

*starts plotting to find people with round number likes and giving them one more (401,501,601, etc...)*

All in for the eye twitch

Just now, Woz said:

*starts plotting to find people with round number likes and giving them one more (401,501,601, etc...)*

You're at 2,840, which means I can't like this post. I WANT to like it, but can't.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

tenor.gif

I tried my hardest to get into this show. It just didn't happen. It was Futurama... without the charm of Futurama.

I have a theory though - in the opening episode of Futurama they show the world passing by as Fry is in cryo freeze. Aliens attack the Earth - destroying everything - and the world is rebuilt into a midevel world, full of castles and such. Then, the Aliens swing by and destroy everything again.

If this show is a retelling of Earth in that period between Futurama Alien attacks, I'll watch every single episode with a renewed vigor (and a keen eye for Fry hanging out in cryo freeze...)

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I tried my hardest to get into this show. It just didn't happen. It was Futurama... without the charm of Futurama.

I have a theory though - in the opening episode of Futurama they show the world passing by as Fry is in cryo freeze. Aliens attack the Earth - destroying everything - and the world is rebuilt into a midevel world, full of castles and such. Then, the Aliens swing by and destroy everything again.

If this show is a retelling of Earth in that period between Futurama Alien attacks, I'll watch every single episode with a renewed vigor (and a keen eye for Fry hanging out in cryo freeze...)

That's ... not a bad concept, actually.

And I hear you about wanting to get into the show.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Panthers should stop running their franchise QB 100+ times a season.

It's one of his best assets, so I don't blame them for using it - but they can't have a contingency plan that includes Taylor Heineke if this is the way they're gonna use him.

Just now, ET80 said:

It's one of his best assets, so I don't blame them for using it - but they can't have a contingency plan that includes Taylor Heineke if this is the way they're gonna use him.

I think you let him scramble but stop running him on those GL draws where he's truck sticking LBs. He just needs to be more conservative when he runs.

Archived