Raiders Defense

Rolni

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

The team doesn't have a 2nd round pick? And Johnson is not a safe bet in the 2nd round (I am not a big fan). There's also no guarantee the team will have a trade partner. That's a lot of variables just to get a depth piece/part-time player.

I, personally, would rather pick a corner I like at 19 and get linebacker depth with the many thirds the team has.

The problem most people have with CB at 19 is there’s really only Henderson as another 1st rounder and he literally runs from tackles.  Terrell, Fulton, Johnson are more 2nd rounders.  

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

The team doesn't have a 2nd round pick? And Johnson is not a safe bet in the 2nd round (I am not a big fan). There's also no guarantee the team will have a trade partner. That's a lot of variables just to get a depth piece/part-time player.

I, personally, would rather pick a corner I like at 19 and get linebacker depth with the many thirds the team has.

Well I disagree if it's not for the shoulder surgeries I think he goes in the 1st and can be a lockdown CB.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If he tackled, I'd be advocating for him at 19.

Me as well.  You want to like if not love Henderson .... he could be our “GUY” at 19.... until he positions himself to not have to hit someone...: again!  Ugh what is that guys problem!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Actually some decent value in the 3rd round with LBs like Harrison, Dye, Brooks, Weaver, Woodward, ADG, and Wilson. 

I’ve been taking 1 LB in that range on TDN. Harrison is a plug and play 2 down guy. Some of the others are great developmental prospects...

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’ve been taking 1 LB in that range on TDN. Harrison is a plug and play 2 down guy. Some of the others are great developmental prospects...

Harrison would fit perfectly with the identity that we're trying to build too. 

• Like 1

In my ideal world we'd trade back from 19 with Indy and get 34 & 44. Take Jaylon Johnson at 34, Ashtyn Davis at 44, and Malik Harrison at 80. 

DE - Crosby

DT - Collins 

DT - Hankins

DE - Ferrell 

SLB - Harrison

MLB - Kwit

WLB - Littleton

CB - Mullen

CB - Johnson

SS - Abram

FS - Davis

A ton of youth but so much speed, athleticism, and coverage ability from our back 7. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In my ideal world we'd trade back from 19 with Indy and get 34 & 44. Take Jaylon Johnson at 34, Ashtyn Davis at 44, and Malik Harrison at 80. 

DE - Crosby

DT - Collins 

DT - Hankins

DE - Ferrell 

SLB - Harrison

MLB - Kwit

WLB - Littleton

CB - Mullen

CB - Johnson

SS - Abram

FS - Davis

A ton of youth but so much speed, athleticism, and coverage ability from our back 7. 

Looks good to me. Who do you think Indy would target at 19? A WR?

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Pretty much my ideal draft. Big fan of Davis and Harrison think they are ideal fits for our defense. Guess the argument could be made that Lee and Harrison are pretty similar. Johnson is my favourite CB, shoulder injuries are a concern though.