Raiders Defense

Rolni

23 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Again I’m not going to insult your intelligence because I know that you know pass rushing and run defense isn’t the same thing. 

We've heard that Crosby is a complimentary pass rusher when his pass rush production has been on par with Yannick's on much worse defensive lines. 

31 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah but Collins did it for 1 year and disappeared for us. Yannick has done it on multiple teams in multiple years.

Yannick's best production has also came on defensive lines that featured other good pass rushers. In Baltimore last season he wasn't that productive. He had 3 sacks in 9 games and 2 came against Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yannick's best production has also came on defensive lines that featured other good pass rushers. In Baltimore last season he wasn't that productive. He had 3 sacks in 9 games and 2 came against Jacksonville. 

But he was productive in Minnesota? Does that not count?

On 6/9/2021 at 4:36 PM, Turnobili said:

whats been really disappointing about Cle has been his get-off. he was never an elite athlete, but watch him clemson tape and he was always the first guy off the snap. havent seem him jump off the screen like that in the pros

Much different going against OT's in the ACC and the NFL. 

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We've heard that Crosby is a complimentary pass rusher when his pass rush production has been on par with Yannick's on much worse defensive lines. 

Much better argument than you were putting up yesterday. Now that we’re on the same page on talking about strictly pass rushing I have to redirect you to these stats here:

Qi4vRT.jpg     

I think we can both agree that these aren’t complementary pass rushing stats. These pressures are also accompanied by the fact that he’s never had less than eight sacks in a season. That is impressive considering last year he played on two different teams including one of the teams that runs a 3-4 which asks the edge to sometimes drop back in coverage. 

Crosby on the other hand(Who I love by the way I think he will have a 10 sack year this year)Had a very good rookie year followed by a 7 sacks where most of the sacks got were more effort sacks. What changed? In his first year no one knew who he was and had no expectations of him and so he came out and put the league notice. But then after teams knew who he was and had a off-season to study him and actually include him in the game plan his production fell off.

With Yannick on the other hand, I’ve been awake for multiple years so Teams I’ve had multiple seasons to study him and he still somehow managed to get at least eight sack while putting up the production that I’ve posted earlier in spite of that. The only time he wasn’t the lead edge rusher on a team was for half a season with the ravens(When he was in a scheme they have never played in the NFL or in college that asked him to draw back in coverage occasionally like I mentioned earlier. 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

the OT's you're up against shouldn't impact how quickly Cle himself gets off the snap though

It will be interesting to see how much of a factor was PG and his scheme.

Ferrell had to watch for the run IMO and in the college he just rushed and then reacted if there was a run play...IM just guessing here...

11 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Ferrell had to watch for the run IMO and in the college he just rushed and then reacted if there was a run play...IM just guessing here...

This was my point.  Ferrell was not asked to just go after the QB very much.  I thought on obvious passing downs we kicked him inside or he was not on the field.  When he was on the edge he was asked to contain.  Where Crosby was told to get around the edge and crash down the line or hit the QB which is why he got beat to the outside so much.  Not saying these guys will be amazing with a new coach but the old one I believe was more of the problem than their play.  Guenther caused more deficiencies than he fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

But then after teams knew who he was and had a off-season to study him and actually include him in the game plan his production fell off.

As a rookie he had 10 sacks, 16 TFL, 16 hurries, and 4 QB hits. In his second season he had 7 sacks, 14 TFL, 19 hurries, and 6 QB hits. And as I posted earlier he has outproduced Yannick over the last two seasons despite being on much worse defenses/defensive lines. 

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

We drafted him 4th overall to play the Joshu Maruo role. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

the OT's you're up against shouldn't impact how quickly Cle himself gets off the snap though

Scheme, injuries, lack of confidence. There are a number of reasons that Ferrell has failed to live up to the hype. I'd love to see him dominate this season I just really don't think he has the athleticism or bend to be a good pass rusher in the NFL.