πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a solid burn. It hurts because in my heart I know its true.Β 

Β 

That or we are going to get absolutely embarrassed by the Bills in the Superbowl. Karma dictates it happen.Β 

Best case scenario long term, they wrap up the division, limping through the last 6 games.
Come out flat, blame McCarthy for them coming out flat and Kellen Moore supplants him as HC.

Not that I think Moore's personality is great for a HC from what I've seen, but the alternative is much more dire.
McCarthy promotes Philbin after Kellen leaves.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Best case scenario long term, they wrap up the division, limping through the last 6 games.
Come out flat, blame McCarthy for them coming out flat and Kellen Moore supplants him as HC.

second best case. absolute best case is winning a chip.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not that I think Moore's personality is great for a HC from what I've seen, but the alternative is much more dire.
McCarthy promotes Philbin after Kellen leaves.

I think Dak is getting to the point were it almost wont matter who is OC. Absolutely not saying he is on the same tier as Brady/Peyton/Rodgers, but those guys are the offensive system. Rodgers basically called whatever he wanted to under McCarthy; I am assuming Dak will do the same if Kellen leaves.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think Dak is getting to the point were it almost wont matter who is OC. Absolutely not saying he is on the same tier as Brady/Peyton/Rodgers, but those guys are the offensive system. Rodgers basically called whatever he wanted to under McCarthy; I am assuming Dak will do the same if Kellen leaves.

Personally haven't seen that out of him, but he's come a long way from where he was. Having the team around him on O helps a lot...like Ceedee makes everyone look good. But yeah I don't think they crater overnight, the pain will be felt in the rhythm of the playcalling, Stuff like the RB time split would probably faulter.

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

second best case. absolute best case is winning a chip.

tenor.gifΒ mm hm

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Personally haven't seen that out of him, but he's come a long way from where he was. Having the team around him on O helps a lot...like Ceedee makes everyone look good. But yeah I don't think they crater overnight, the pain will be felt in the rhythm of the playcalling, Stuff like the RB time split would probably faulter.

There was an article back in like 2018/2019Β that said Dak changes the play at the LOS more than any other QB in the NFL. He still does itΒ a lot.Β 

Not sure what you mean by you havent seen that?

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There was an article back in like 2018/2019Β that said Dak changes the play at the LOS more than any other QB in the NFL. He still does itΒ a lot.Β 

Not sure what you mean by you havent seen that?

Was it options within the play or him changing it entirely?
Curious what it looks like now.

I mean like that almost aerial view of the field a lot of the guys you mentioned have/had. That spooky awareness.

Like Dak is doing a really good job rn, just not sure if Moore left I'd want Him and Philbin (or equvalent) being the main ones making the offense. Dak is doing way better at reading the field than he ever did, and timing is good whenever I see him.

It's weird, Dak is like best case scenario for Hurts to me. Jalen is more athletic/runner with a notch down on the arm, but like where Jalen is now I see coachable ways he can grow into a good QB. Like Dak was on team's with more success but outside looking in he always had limitations. Over time a lot of those reduced in severity. I'm curious with time and coaching if Hurts could turn into a solid starter, above the Teddy B's of the world.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Was it options within the play or him changing it entirely?
Curious what it looks like now.

I mean like that almost aerial view of the field a lot of the guys you mentioned have/had. That spooky awareness.

Like Dak is doing a really good job rn, just not sure if Moore left I'd want Him and Philbin (or equvalent) being the main ones making the offense. Dak is doing way better at reading the field than he ever did, and timing is good whenever I see him.

It's weird, Dak is like best case scenario for Hurts to me. Jalen is more athletic/runner with a notch down on the arm, but like where Jalen is now I see coachable ways he can grow into a good QB. Like Dak was on team's with more success but outside looking in he always had limitations. Over time a lot of those reduced in severity. I'm curious with time and coaching if Hurts could turn into a solid starter, above the Teddy B's of the world.

Ive never understood your view on Dak and I dont think I ever will. Dak is leading the #1 offense in the NFL for 3 consecutive years (when he is playing). Its not a "right now" thing. You speak of him as if he is some mediocre prospect that is a playing out of his mind (2017 Wentz).... not NFL.coms literal #1 QB in the entire nfl.

Β 

The dude is probably the ~5th most valuable person in the entire sport when you factor in age. If he cant do it, then who can?

Β 

-----------------------------

as for your question, no clue and I am to lazy to go look, haha

Edited by Matts4313

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive never understood your view on Dak and I dont think I ever will. Dak is leading the #1 offense in the NFL for 3 consecutive years (when he is playing). Its not a "right now" thing. You speak of him as if he is some mediocre prospect that is a playing out of his mind (2017 Wentz).... not NFL.coms literal #1 QB in the entire nfl.

Β 

The dude is probably the ~5th most valuable person in the entire sport when you factor in age. If he cant do it, then who can?

Β 

-----------------------------

as for your question, no clue and I am to lazy to go look, haha

Honestly I'm impressed you lasted this long.

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

Honestly I'm impressed you lasted this long.

Im not sure how to interpret this. Ive pointed it out before, all the way going back to last year. But it is kindΒ of a hollow stat seeing as Dak missed 11 games over that span. Not completely empty, because it shows consistency, but its absolutely got holes in the argument.Β 

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Β That's depressing. I was there for 3 straight 5-11 teams and it's so frustrating. Most people can handle a couple losing seasons with no hope, but 5 straight years has to test your patience as a fan.

Been more like 8-10 years of mediocrity and misery. The 2016 season while fun... was an anomaly. Those 2 Super Bowl wins bought them alot of patience with me. But it's waned now.Β  Possibly facing another administrative change... not alot to be excited about right now.