πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No I actually think Kyle Allen will start.Β  Rivera went to Allen last year when they benched Haskins.Β  They traded for Allen.Β  He's their guy I think.

You aren't paying Fitzpatrick 10 mill to back up Kyle Allen. He's 100% your opening day starter barring injury.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We might

you aren't. At least not for the first quarter of the season. If Fitzmagic has a rough first 4 games, then it's on to Henicke or Allen, but that's Fitz's job to lose.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We might

There is just no way Fitz doesn't come into camp as the guy. Allen out plays him in camp or Fitz goes full on turnover machine early on, I could see it. But there is just no way you sign Fitz and he doesn't come into camp as your number one guy.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Giants should have just taken Fields

In a way yes because this QB class was so deep and who knows what next years will bring. However if Jones doesn't improve this season they have enough draft equity to move up to get his replacement. With all the weapons he'll have this season if he doesn't vastly improve he's gotta go. No excuses.

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

In a way yes because this QB class was so deep and who knows what next years will bring. However if Jones doesn't improve this season they have enough draft equity to move up to get his replacement. With all the weapons he'll have this season if he doesn't vastly improve he's gotta go. No excuses.

The counter argument to that would be you could have taken Fields, let them battle it out, then trade the loser.Β Β 

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yep, zero excuses for him now. I expect him to still be not very good even with all those weapons and you guys to be looking at QB in the draft again next year.

24 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I think it's always better to move an a year early than a year late. You don't need 3 years to see who a QB is. The Cards recognised who Josh Rosen was after 1 year.
I would also much rather have Fields now, especially at the contract value of the 11 overall pick, then the unknowns next year, along with a more expensive draft slot contract assuming we're trading up into the top 5 to get our guy. I also look a year ahead at potential QB's, and the general top 3 QB's for next year are all 6'1" or 6'0". Give me 6'3 225 lbs Fields and his cannon/all around athleticism over the 6'1 205 lbers with just ok arms and athleticism coming out next year. Not to mention Fields had arguably a top 5 QB pro day ever. Twice. And he out-dueled the #1 overall pick in their head to head matchup. Daniel Jones beat...Northwestern? So he's faster Sam Darnold. Woopty.
Now you have to hope you get your guy next year, and you also have to hope we once again don't snipe you for the QB you really want, since we have even more draft capital than NY, versus getting your guy this year and using your 1st next year to maybe get another OL or a rookie pass rusher without todd gurleys knees. You also maybe could have got something for Jones in a trade this year? Another year of suck? You get a 5th rounder at best.
Maybe Justin Fields blows and this all becomes moot, but Justin Fields seemed like a damn good QB prospect to me, certainly better than I thought of Daniel Jones (and his entire QB class) coming out.

Edited by Jeezla