🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

16 minutes ago, Gmen said:

My 100% totally unbiased take on the NFCE in 2021:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-7) - QB is far and away the most important position, and the Cowboys are the only team in the NFCE with an above average QB, top 10 overall.  Combined with three legit receivers, their offense is going to put up points.  But they're going to have to put up a lot of points, because that defense is built the wrong way.  Heavy investment in linebackers has resulted in a secondary devoid of talent, relatively speaking.  I suspect they'll be in a lot of shootouts.

2. New York Giants (9-8) - The front office made a big investment in offensive talent with Golladay, Toney and Rudolph.  Plus with the return of Saquon, the Giants offense has playmakers to spare.  The fate of the offense rests on Daniel Jones' progression in terms of pocket awareness and processing speed, as well as the improvement of a young offensive line.  The defense was average last year, but appears to have gotten better on paper with the addition of Adoree Jackson, Azeez Ojulari and a return of a healthy Xavier McKinney.  On paper, top 5 secondary in the league.

3. Washington Football Team (7-10) - Another offense looking pretty with McClauren plus the additions of Samuel and Brown.  However, the QB situation is the least inspiring in the NFCE with a 38 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I think they'll have a repeat of last year with a rotation of QBs due  to uninspiring play.  Fitzpatrick is much more of a gunslinger than Alex Smith, but has been much more prone to throw INTs. The defense was great last year, and look good on paper again with the addition of Jackson at CB and Davis at LB.  But ultimately, I think they're weighed down by the QB situation.

4.  Philadelphia Eagles (4-13) - Top to bottom the least talented team in the NFCE.  I don't think Hurts is particularly good, but he's still a relatively unknown commodity so there is hope he can improve.  WR corp is also young and unknown, and I have questions about whether Devonta Smith can be a true #1 in this league.  Defense is the worst in the NFCE on paper.  Rookie head coach.  If I had to bet on one NFCE team picking in the top 5 in next year's draft, I'd bet on the Eagles. 

Nobody is worried about Ojulari and his degenerative knees. If he had 100% healthy knees, I'd still expect him to take 2 years to become good, but in 2 years his knees could be shot. On paper, the Eagles have a top 5 OL in the league. The Giants are a Bradberry injury away from a bottom 5 secondary in the league. Last I looked, McKinney allowed 7 catches on 10 targets before going down. Real shutdown safety. Peppers is garbage.

Is it? I'd take Fitz over Daniel Jones.

I hope we pick top 5. That gives us the best chance outside of Dallas of getting a QB that's actually worth a 2nd contract.

Edited by Jeezla

So these last few pages in a nutshell: none of the teams are good enough to truly compete and they all should tank. None of the rosters are good enough to truly compete, but are good enough to ruin the needed picks to truly rebuild. I'd rather finish 4-13 than 10-7, 9-8 or 7-10. Keep running in that circle of mediocrity picking 19th overall. I'll take the top 5 pick if I have to and execute a true rebuild.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

My 100% totally unbiased take on the NFCE in 2021:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-7) - QB is far and away the most important position, and the Cowboys are the only team in the NFCE with an above average QB, top 10 overall.  Combined with three legit receivers, their offense is going to put up points.  But they're going to have to put up a lot of points, because that defense is built the wrong way.  Heavy investment in linebackers has resulted in a secondary devoid of talent, relatively speaking.  I suspect they'll be in a lot of shootouts.

2. New York Giants (9-8) - The front office made a big investment in offensive talent with Golladay, Toney and Rudolph.  Plus with the return of Saquon, the Giants offense has playmakers to spare.  The fate of the offense rests on Daniel Jones' progression in terms of pocket awareness and processing speed, as well as the improvement of a young offensive line.  The defense was average last year, but appears to have gotten better on paper with the addition of Adoree Jackson, Azeez Ojulari and a return of a healthy Xavier McKinney.  On paper, top 5 secondary in the league.

3. Washington Football Team (7-10) - Another offense looking pretty with McClauren plus the additions of Samuel and Brown.  However, the QB situation is the least inspiring in the NFCE with a 38 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I think they'll have a repeat of last year with a rotation of QBs due  to uninspiring play.  Fitzpatrick is much more of a gunslinger than Alex Smith, but has been much more prone to throw INTs. The defense was great last year, and look good on paper again with the addition of Jackson at CB and Davis at LB.  But ultimately, I think they're weighed down by the QB situation.

4.  Philadelphia Eagles (4-13) - Top to bottom the least talented team in the NFCE.  I don't think Hurts is particularly good, but he's still a relatively unknown commodity so there is hope he can improve.  WR corp is also young and unknown, and I have questions about whether Devonta Smith can be a true #1 in this league.  Defense is the worst in the NFCE on paper.  Rookie head coach.  If I had to bet on one NFCE team picking in the top 5 in next year's draft, I'd bet on the Eagles. 

I don't think Fitzpatrick will start.  

Just now, Go_Giants said:

Better or worst than Haskins?

Again, this is just a deflection.  Daniel Jones sucks as a QB and the only rebuttal you have is..."uhhhh your Qb sucks too".  Congrats.  At least we moved on from our mistake.  

Just now, Danger said:

Then who will? Don't tell me Heincke cus that's a good joke.

No I actually think Kyle Allen will start.  Rivera went to Allen last year when they benched Haskins.  They traded for Allen.  He's their guy I think.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Again, this is just a deflection.  Daniel Jones sucks as a QB and the only rebuttal you have is..."uhhhh your Qb sucks too".  Congrats.  At least we moved on from our mistake.  

You moved on because he was as much of an embarrassment off the field as on it. Jury is still out on Daniel Jones.

Edited by Go_Giants