πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

26 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

And won't your vaunted DL all need paid by then except Young?

Speaking of which, the way Howie values the line...those guys could be targets if they and when they leave.
They should be fine though. Cap goes up and they'll probably trade up for a QB next year.

Cowboys O will win the division, their D will lose the wildcard.

DAL 10-7
WAS 9-8
NYG 8-9
PHI 6-11

Β 

And for NYG + PHI '22Β draft pick purposes
MIA 10-7
IND 10-7
CHI 9-8

Edited by Jeezla

53 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

And won't your vaunted DL all need paid by then except Young?

We'll be fine.Β  Landon Collins and Scherff will likely be off the books/team by then, and I doubt Payne's contract will set the market.Β  Sweat won't be an UFA until 2024 and Young won't be one until 2025.Β Β 

Jonathan Allen might be the one we let go, as Matt Ioannidis has pretty much outplayed him every year when healthy, and will command much less in FA.Β Β 

It will still be a strong unit for years to come if everyone stays healthy.

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

DAL 10-7
WAS 9-8
NYG 8-9
PHI 6-11

Β 

MIA 10-7
IND 10-7
CHI 9-8

Seems about right. Fitz is too hot and cold to carry them to a great record.Β 
That's almost an optimistic outlook for Danny Dimes.

Indy should do that well, that division in pretty bad. If Frank gets Carson to play fine and not the baffling garbage tier play he did last year, they should make the playoffs.
I can see the rest of the roster getting Miami there, but I'm pretty down on Tua. Think they'll be 8-9, 7-10 in a harder division.

Β 

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Seems about right. Fitz is too hot and cold to carry them to a great record.Β 
That's almost an optimistic outlook for Danny Dimes.

Indy should do that well, that division in pretty bad. If Frank gets Carson to play fine and not the baffling garbage tier play he did last year, they should make the playoffs.
I can see the rest of the roster getting Miami there, but I'm pretty down on Tua. Think they'll be 8-9, 7-10 in a harder division.

Β 

Miami not taking a decent RB is a bit baffling, but their roster is pretty stacked outside QB and RB. They arguably had the best D in theΒ league last year, considering how often their O put them in unfavorable situations.

Indy lost some decent players on D, andΒ their schedule will be tougher this year.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

That doesn't mean they won't. Honestly Washington could fall off the face of earth super easily too.

Β 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We'll be fine.Β  Landon Collins and Scherff will likely be off the books/team by then, and I doubt Payne's contract will set the market.Β  Sweat won't be an UFA until 2024 and Young won't be one until 2025.Β Β 

Jonathan Allen might be the one we let go, as Matt Ioannidis has pretty much outplayed him every year when healthy, and will command much less in FA.Β Β 

It will still be a strong unit for years to come if everyone stays healthy.

That's the thing about having an elite unit like that. You'll have to sacrifice other positions like we do with the most expensive DL in football.

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

lol....

You can root for your team and hope they win and still have low expectations. News flash, how you feel about the team has no barring on the outcome of the season. Yes, we could win the division. Hell, it is possible we make a Super Bowl run. Literally no one in the world knows what is going to happen. But I am not going to just drop all logic and predict that a team thatΒ is riddled with holes is going to compete for a division title, even in the NFC East. I prefer to live in reality and look at the objective state of our roster compared to the rest of the league, which leads me to the belief we aren't going to be very good.

Really hope YOUR Eagles kill it though!

I got you to say it's possible we can make a super bowl run so I'm good now lol. Just remember, they'll be MY Eagles! πŸ˜‚

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Well yeah I can somewhat understand it, but with donΒ΄t have a QB anyway and we passed on a better prospect than we could possible have this year or next so Howie and Lurie will try to stick to their mistake instead of going for the correction as soon as possible, donΒ΄t get me wrong I like DeVonta but taking the QB wouldΒ΄ve been better for a fast rebuild.

I really dont think this team (the FO) expects to compete. They have been very open about this being a rebuild than any time IΒ΄ve seen before. This past draft points to a long rebuild if anything.Β 

They've come out and said they intend to compete. And I don't think it was a yearbook answer type of statement either. Regardless, I'll think we'll be in striking distance. That's all I ask for really.

26 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Giants almost won the NFC East last year, this year they greatly upgraded their offensive weapons and defense.

You may have had a case if Gettleman had been able to draft the player he really wanted at #20.Β  We all know Toney was a consolation prize.

Β 

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

DAL 10-7
WAS 9-8
NYG 8-9
PHI 6-11

Β 

MIA 10-7
IND 10-7
CHI 9-8

This is generally how I see it going, but I could see Miami being worse than 10-7

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Miami not taking a decent RB is a bit baffling, but their roster is pretty stacked outside QB and RB. They arguably had the best D in theΒ league last year, considering how often their O put them in unfavorable situations.

Indy lost some decent players on D, andΒ their schedule will be tougher this year.

Could totally see it.

Just a harder schedule/division, no Fitz toΒ work his magic and elite defense not something that sticks year to year all the time...I personally wouldn’t bet on them for much. I do think the rest of that team prevents them from bottoming out, our chances of getting a top 10 pick from either is pretty small.

57 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You may have had a case if Gettleman had been able to draft the player he really wanted at #20.Β  We all know Toney was a consolation prize.

Β 

Can imagine he thought it was safe givenΒ how late of a riser Davis was.

Unless they nixed him on medicals, I imagine Phillips was a thought too.