πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, Danger said:

71... guaranteed? because assuming it's a 3 year extension, that's a really bad deal given the current market.

Surely TMC can get north of $25M per on the open market.

The thing is Terry is a bit older for a guy going into his 2nd contract. He will be 27 in September and turning 28 for the next season that he would likely be franchise tagged for probably near 19 million next year and he wouldn't have any security. If he gets seriously injured on that franchise tag in 2023 it could bring his value down as he would be 28 going on 29 that offseason in 2024. I think a 3 year instead of 4 or 5 was smart on his agent's part considering his age. Now he'll be 30 years old when it comes time to be extended or hit the FA market for one last big contract.Β 

Maybe he could've tried to get a little bit more like 75 (25 million per), but I think he found a nice compromise with Washington and now doesn't have to worry about the contract situation anymore. Win/win for both sides imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It's always gotta be the guys like Miles spouting this **** off.

Glad they are confident in the team, but we aren't the Chiefs guys. Need to let the play on the field do the talking before we start running our mouths to the media.

Is what it is, just hate this ****

Β 

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It's always gotta be the guys like Miles spouting this **** off.

Glad they are confident in the team, but we aren't the Chiefs guys. Need to let the play on the field do the talking before we start running our mouths to the media.

Is what it is, just hate this ****

I mean he could've just said "We feel we have a great team" and could have left out the "all star" portion, but this was the full quote:

Oh man. We all feel like we’re onΒ an all-star team, so we feel great,” Sanders said, via Cody Benjamin of CBS Sports. β€œWe feel unstoppable, I’m not gonna lie. The vibes are great, always have been. Nick Sirianni is doing a great job just keeping the vibes right, the chemistry good. We compete a lot in practice. But we’ve gotta see. It’s gonna come down to camp, taking it day by day, putting everything together.”

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dream Team 2.0? Glad you will be missing the playoffs.

Nope.

The Dream Team offseason moves didn't make sense for the most part from scheme fit (Nnamdi) and weren't guys in their primes for the most part. Babin was a guy who didn't play a lick of run defense. Was only interested in getting upfield for sacks. Jenkins was on the decline of his career. The Evan Mathis signing was good and the trade for DRC was cool, but besides them I mean what else good was there to that offseason that made sense? We drafted a 26 year old guard in Danny Watkins in the 1st round and a box safety in Jarrett for a league that was transitioning more and more to a heavy passing one. Jason Kelce really saved that 2011 draft class from being one of the worst of all time lol.

You also had Jim Washburn who was treating the defensive players like crap and killing the vibes around the team along with Reid appointing a former offensive line coach to be the defensive coordinator in Juan Castillo.

Nothing about this offseason is similar to that one.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nope.

The Dream Team offseason moves didn't make sense for the most part from scheme fit (Nnamdi) and weren't guys in their primes for the most part. Babin was a guy who didn't play a lick of run defense. Was only interested in getting upfield for sacks. Jenkins was on the decline of his career. The Evan Mathis signing was good and the trade for DRC was cool, but besides them I mean what else good was there to that offseason that made sense? We drafted a 26 year old guard in Danny Watkins in the 1st round and a box safety in Jarrett for a league that was transitioning more and more to a heavy passing one. Jason Kelce really saved that 2011 draft class from being one of the worst of all time lol.

You also had Jim Washburn who was treating the defensive players like crap and killing the vibes around the team along with Reid appointing a former offensive line coach to be the defensive coordinator in Juan Castillo.

Nothing about this offseason is similar to that one.

Hey man, I am not one to speak for your curse. I just know its real and you are not making the playoffs. 8-8-1. Middle of the pack draft pick to boot.Β 

Β 

Also, you are saying a lot of this with the benefit of hindsight. You dont know how any of these new guys will perform so its pure speculation.Β 

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm assuming you're talking about the Eagles.

What is a huge disappointment for you?

Risking getting a wall of text and multiple tweets replied back..

It is not a huge disappointment at the moment. The offseason has gone as good as anyone could have hoped for, minus QB we have a very solid roster (for the short term). But what I mean is, the Eagles tend to disappoint when big things are expected from there, ever since Howie has been at the GM position, maybe even before that. We tend to hit the under way more often than not when the Eagles are favored.Β 

Plus adding the fact that people in here are getting a little too confident with the prospect of winning the East, it's setting up to blow in our faces.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Hey man, I am not one to speak for your curse. I just know its real and you are not making the playoffs. 8-8-1. Middle of the pack draft pick to boot.Β 

Β 

Also, you are saying a lot of this with the benefit of hindsight. You dont know how any of these new guys will perform so its pure speculation.Β 

You acting like this is some kiss of death is cute.

You really wanna believe it, because you know we are coming to ****** back that division title.Β πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Remember when Dougie P said this prior to us winning the Super Bowl?

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_tex

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You acting like this is some kiss of death is cute.

You really wanna believe it, because you know we are coming to ****** back that division title.Β πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Remember when Dougie P said this prior to us winning the Super Bowl?

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_tex

As long as Hurts is your QB and the player he has shown to be so far in his young career, I will never fear the Eagles being a true threat in the NFL.Β 

Now if he improves..... thats got me a lil scared.

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

Risking getting a wall of text and multiple tweets replied back..

Pew pew...

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

It is not a huge disappointment at the moment. The offseason has gone as good as anyone could have hoped for, minus QB we have a very solid roster (for the short term).

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

But what I mean is, the Eagles tend to disappoint when big things are expected from there, ever since Howie has been at the GM position, maybe even before that. We tend to hit the under way more often than not when the Eagles are favored.

That's fair, I do agree we generally have done better when we are slept on.

I don't think Sirianni is gonna let guys buy into the hype though. He had no qualms last training camp chewing guys out. He's not as soft on guys as I think Pederson tended to be.Β 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Plus adding the fact that people in here are getting a little too confident with the prospect of winning the East, it's setting up to blow in our faces.Β 

What is a little too confident? We have a very real chance of winning the East.Β 

If we played our starters against the Cowboys starters in the last game of the season in Philly for week 18 I am of the firm belief that we could've won that game. Our 2nd, 3rd, 4th string and practice squad players were keeping pace for most of the 1st half with the majority of the Cowboys starters playing. Dallas was playing worse ball than us in the second half of the season and that's not really debatable.Β 

We win that week 18 match-up and the Cowboys would've finished with 11 wins to our 10 wins last year.Β 

This off-season you can argue that Dallas roster got worse from last season and the Eagles probably had the best off-season on paper that I can remember since becoming a fan.

I think both Philly and Dallas is probably in the 10-12 game win range. Not saying either team couldn't finish with less than double digit wins, but that's just where I project both teams currently.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

As long as Hurts is your QB and the player he has shown to be so far in his young career, I will never fear the Eagles being a true threat in the NFL.Β 

Now if he improves..... thats got me a lil scared.

That's fine. I've seen definite improvement from him since his rookie year and I think we are gonna see a bigger jump from last year to this year than his rookie year to his first year as a starter in 2021.