πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I laughed a good deal at this. Just pictured them bringing him out a very special plate of those dinosaur shaped tendies under a silver cloche to the team luncheon.

Just makes fiscal sense

Come strapped with your own nugs, eat the free bread or chips. If he didn’t have to probably get Shirley Temples or Chocolate Milk instead of water (which he’s probably grossed out by) he’d be eating for like nothing.

wallet-chicken-mcnuggets-yospos-all-the-
Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Entering this season:

1 Terry
2 CD
3 AJ
4 DeVonta

What I think it will be at seasons end:

1 CD
2 Terry
3 DeVonta/AJ

Purely from a statistical/fantasy football point of view.Β 
If you put all 4 WR's on the same team with prime Peyton Manning back when he was getting Brandon Stokley 1000 yards, I think DeVonta would be the guy with the best #'s, or will be that guy by seasons end.

Β 

How I would have ranked them as WR prospects if they all came out the same year:

1 DeVonta
2 CeeDee

3 McLaurin
4 AJ

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Who is better at YAC? Lamb or AJ?

Lamb was better in NCAA, but I think AJ might be a little better in NFL

AJ probably and I'd also argue he has better hands... both dropped 8 passes last year, but Ceedee dropped 8 passes as a rookie too while Brown had 7 drops combined from his first 2 seasons. Ceedee and AJ need to lower that drop number from 2021. I think they'll both make some tough catches, but also drop easier ones. As far as route running its probably a tie.

Some of the numbers here were interesting...

AJ Brown over the past 2 seasons has ranked in the top 5 in Yards / Route Run.

During the 2020 season he was #2 for Yards / Route Run behind only #1 which was Davante Adams and just barely ahead of #3 which was Justin Jefferson, #4 which was Julio Jones, and #5 which was Stefon Diggs.

In 2021 he was #5 in Yards / Route Run behind only #1 which was Cooper Kupp by a long shot, then #2 Deebo Samuel, #3 Davante Adams, and #4 Antonio Brown.

That is pretty great company to have to say the least.

If you look at the 2021 season Brown had 2.72 Yards / Route Run (good for 5th in NFL like detailed above) comparing that to other Eagles WRs DeVonta Smith was at 1.73, Quez Watkins at 1.51, Zach Pascal at 0.78, and Jalen Reagor at 0.62 (lol). I'm expecting DeVonta's # to go up in year 2 to over 2.0, but yeah.

As far as beating man coverage their grades were 91.2 for AJ Brown, 77.6 for DeVonta Smith, and 74.5 for Quez Watkins, 60.3 for Zach Pascal and 51.3 for Jalen Reagor (lol).

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

It will all depend on how Jalen improves throwing the ball. Tannehill is a better thrower than Jalen, so that will be an adjustment for AJ Brown.

That said Terry and Lamb have played better than Devonta to me so far. That can all drastically change this year. Lamb being WR1 will show who he is. Devonta being WR2 can help him a lot. Terry is Terry. He still the best WR in the division until AJ proves me wrong. He a beast but changing situations can go so many ways.

21 hours ago, e16bball said:

Β His injury-riddled 2021 makes him a forgotten man even among WAS fans, but he did have 1000+ total yards in 2020 and he’s somehow still only 25 years old.

Oh he isn't forgotten. He's the top of my list to ridicule and harass if he's underperforming.Β 

I think Brown is a tier above the rest. Smith, Lamb and McLaurin are all pretty interchangeable. Smith has less years of work/sample to influence opinions. I might have Lamb as #4 behind the other 2. He doesn't really pop to me. Seems like he drops a lot of balls too. Regardless, Eagles dominate the WR units in the NFCE and skill positions as a whole. Haven't said that in a while.

31 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Brown is a tier above the rest.

I can't buy that.

31 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Smith, Lamb and McLaurin are all pretty interchangeable.

With Brown, I'd listen for #1 thru 4 as interchangeable.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Brown is a tier above the rest. Smith, Lamb and McLaurin are all pretty interchangeable. Smith has less years of work/sample to influence opinions. I might have Lamb as #4 behind the other 2. He doesn't really pop to me. Seems like he drops a lot of balls too. Regardless, Eagles dominate the WR units in the NFCE and skill positions as a whole. Haven't said that in a while.

I like Brown a lot but I need to see it first. I think there were times in TEN where he disappeared. Tannehill is a better passer, so I am not sure how it will play out. I have seen Terry play very very well with crappy QB play. He remains #1 in the division until he is knocked off. And he very well might be. This season will tell us a lot about many WRs who have dominate but have changed teams. Will be interesting.

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I can't buy that.

With Brown, I'd listen for #1 thru 4 as interchangeable.

I’ve always been a huge AJ Brown fan, was on him way over DK back when they were at Ole Miss, but I think it’s tough to separate him that much from McLaurin.Β 

I think overall, you’d take AJ’s numbers over Terry’s by a bit, if only just because of the efficiency. Terry has the better raw numbers in terms of catches and yards β€” but he also has a load more targets, due to being generally healthier and the only viable target in an offense that threw the ball more. AJ’s production is ruthlessly efficient, when you factor in his targets/routes run being artificially low due to that TEN offense.Β 

But on the other hand, his efficiency is probably enhanced by the nature of that TEN offense, which forces defenses to play run more than just about anyone else out there. And on top of the run game, he’s consistently had an at-least-decent QB in Tannehill and usually at least one legit receiver out there with him.Β 

On the contrary, McLaurin has had none of that. In his 3 seasons, he has played with the following starting QBs: Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, the corpse of Alex Smith, Taylor Heinicke, one quarter of FitzMagic, and Garrett Gilbert. Eight different QBs, all of them with skill levels ranging from bad to Gilbert.

There’s been no Corey Davis or even a Julio Jones to draw a little attention away from McLaurin either. The next leading WAS receiver in his 3 years? JD McKissic. And then Logan Thomas, who put up one solid TE season. The second-place WR has been Cam Sims (715 yards over 3 seasons), followed by Steven Sims (575 yards over 2 seasons).

It’s honestly kinda hard to think of a young receiver who came into the league with less around him than McLaurin and still succeeded to this extent. To be a consistent 1000ish hard receiver, despite having that pathetic rotating door of QBs and being the only focal point of every coverage scheme? That’s an accomplishment, and I think it makes it tough to separate Brown from him when you consider all the circumstances.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I like Brown a lot but I need to see it first. I think there were times in TEN where he disappeared. Tannehill is a better passer, so I am not sure how it will play out. I have seen Terry play very very well with crappy QB play. He remains #1 in the division until he is knocked off. And he very well might be. This season will tell us a lot about many WRs who have dominate but have changed teams. Will be interesting.

You haven't seen that AJ Brown is an elite WR? Do you watch football? Lol

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You haven't seen that AJ Brown is an elite WR? Do you watch football? Lol

I've see elite play stop being elite when circumstances change. I never said he wasn't. I said in the NFC East he is not WR1 for me because I need to see how he plays with Hurts and company. I have seen CeeDee and Terry in their systems. I saw Devonta last season. AJ is a damn good WR but he still aint WR1 to me. Terry is.