πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

A little conservative, don’t you think? I was thinking Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, maybe Zach Thomas because he’s a little undersized? But his play style on the field definitely evokes Mike Singletary, Jack Lambert, Ray Nitchske, etc.

Most likely outcome is probably that he’ll be a combination of all their best traits. The only real question is when he gets his gold jacket β€” presumably he’ll play at least 15ish years at an HOF level, so don’t make any plans for your Augusts starting in 2042 or so, I’d say.Β 

You'll have to forgive Nabbs. It has been so long since we last saw anything close to competent LB play from one of our own that we have invested something other than UDFA at the position we see perennial All-Pro.Β 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

A little conservative, don’t you think? I was thinking Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, maybe Zach Thomas because he’s a little undersized? But his play style on the field definitely evokes Mike Singletary, Jack Lambert, Ray Nitchske, etc.

Most likely outcome is probably that he’ll be a combination of all their best traits. The only real question is when he gets his gold jacket β€” presumably he’ll play at least 15ish years at an HOF level, so don’t make any plans for your Augusts starting in 2042 or so, I’d say.Β 

I like your analysis better then mine. πŸ‘

Guess instead of hoping for a potential Wagner/Leonard type impact LB I should of been saying the next Jamin Davis instead.

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You'll have to forgive Nabbs. It has been so long since we last saw anything close to competent LB play from one of our own that we have invested something other than UDFA at the position we see perennial All-Pro.Β 

I suggested Wagner and Leonard. Decade long answers to the position and Pro Bowl LB's. Don't think it's far fetched at all if healthy.

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Guess instead of hoping for a potential Wagner/Leonard type impact LB I should of been saying the next Jamin Davis instead.

Just busting your balls, my friend. And in all fairness, you said β€œI see him as…” not β€œI hope he’ll be…” That’s a little bit different, as obviously you should be hoping for him to become those things. It’s okay. It’s the time of year when we all have unfettered optimism about the magic ofΒ what could be.Β 

At some point, you may even see a certain Commanders fan β€” some might say, a cockeyed optimist β€” who will make some rather bold predictions on these very forums. With unbridled enthusiasm. Which could one day be his downfall, but on this day…hope springs eternal.Β 

On 6/1/2022 at 7:09 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Would have been better to go with Danny Trevathan or Deion Jones or Matt Milano instead of 2 all-pros. Darius Leonard and peak Bobby Wagner aren't your average pro bowlers. Darius Leonard is currently the best off-ball LB in the NFL, and Bobby Wagner was probably the best off-ball LB post Pat Willis/Luke, prior to losing a step.Β 

I'm happy to have Nakobe, but it's silly to just assume he's going to be Darius Leonard/Bobby Wagner tier. Roquan/Matt Milano tier? Sure. Top 2 or 3 at his position? Probably not. I'm pretty sure even you had Devin Lloyd above him during the draft.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Would have been better to go with Danny Trevathan or Deion Jones or Matt Milano instead of 2 all-pros. Darius Leonard and peak Bobby Wagner aren't your average pro bowlers. Darius Leonard is currently the best off-ball LB in the NFL, and Bobby Wagner was probably the best off-ball LB post Pat Willis/Luke, prior to losing a step.Β 

I'm happy to have Nakobe, but it's silly to just assume he's going to be Darius Leonard/Bobby Wagner tier. Roquan/Matt Milano tier? Sure. Top 2 or 3 at his position? Probably not. I'm pretty sure even you had Devin Lloyd above him during the draft.

I'd be happy if he turned into any of them tbh. Especially at his price

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeezla said:

No, actually I didn't. I did let you all convince me to go Lloyd over Dean (size, BS) but I was alwaysΒ  a huge Dean supporter.

I believe the kid is special. Can't teach those instincts. His knack for getting to the ball. Making plays, leadership traits. Only reason the masses even question his abilities (is his size).

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

No, actually I didn't. I did let you all convince me to go Lloyd over Dean (size, BS) but I was alwaysΒ  a huge Dean supporter.

I believe the kid is special. Can't teach those instincts. His knack for getting to the ball. Making plays, leadership traits. Only reason the masses even question his abilities (is his size).

From what I read his instincts aren't all that.Β 

The new reworked Aaron Donald deal just got me to thinking "What if the Giants took Donald instead of Beckham in 2014?"

hvfXrqo.png

I've had this thought in the past before too. That would've sucked for the rest of the NFCE although I'm sure the Giants would've wasted his prime.

If that would've happened the NFCE would have had clearly the top guys in the GOAT convo for defensive player with Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor already in the fold.

Now, Cowboys have Parsons who I'm not gonna say is gonna be in that convo, but he's a beast in his own right.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The new reworked Aaron Donald deal just got me to thinking "What if the Giants took Donald instead of Beckham in 2014?"

hvfXrqo.png

I've had this thought in the past before too. That would've sucked for the rest of the NFCE although I'm sure the Giants would've wasted his prime.

If that would've happened the NFCE would have had clearly the top guys in the GOAT convo for defensive player with Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor already in the fold.

Now, Cowboys have Parsons who I'm not gonna say is gonna be in that convo, but he's a beast in his own right.

Parsons gotta pass quite a few for just the cowboys. Ware being a big one to pass first before he gets to that level

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Parsons gotta pass quite a few for just the cowboys. Ware being a big one to pass first before he gets to that level

Yeah I mean Ware and Parsons are different positions. Kinda wish we got to see Parsons as a 3-4 OLB or something like that. Quinn definitely used him creatively last year, but he was asked to line up more at DE out of necessity last year. I’m guessing we see him more as a traditional off ball LB this year. I’m sure he’ll still rush off the edge some and obviously blitz up the a and b gaps. Not sure if he’ll have that many sacks in year 2 or more just cause of how he’ll likely be utilized more, but I could see him improving just overall as a off ball LB with more experience. It amazed me last year how great he looked at both spots last year. He looked like what I imagine rookie LT did just without the coke and with more responsibility/versatility.

• Like 1