πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Odd because his single best game was his first start ever IIRC. The next week was pretty good also. He has looked progressively worse since then.Β 

Sigh. You're box score scouting.Β 

The amount of good pockets Hurts ran out of as a rookie was maddening lol.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I edited my post. I just remember you guys beating the undefeated saints in his first start.

His legs definitely in both match-ups these past 2 years have gave the Saints defense some issues.

Saints were 3rd in overall defensive DVOA this past season just behind your Cowboys and they were 2nd in 2020. They were 1st in run defense DVOA this year and 2nd last year behind only Tampa.

Hurts running ability definitely creates problems even for great run defenses.

But, I digress... he definitely improved from his rookie year to 2021. I don't think it was a big jump or anything, but there was some noticeable improvement, especially when we eased up on how often he was passing it and let our run game do more of the work opening up play action. I'm not sure he ever put together some amazing passing performance in 1 whole game last year like the 2nd half of the Chargers game and then the next week in the 1st half against the Chargers he looked really good passing wise. The Chiefs game after the atrocious Cowboys loss in week 3 his passing numbers were really good. I remember him making some nice passes, but not sure the statline is indicative of how good that performance was. I'll have to go back to watch it.

I definitely think Hurts left clean pockets less frequently than as a rookie, but it was still a problem last year. His accuracy was a bit better at least short to intermediate. It was really bad as a deep passer, but some of that was his timing being off and mechanical issues. He was really good on scrambles, but his passing from the pocket still left a good amount to be desired to say the least.

I'll take my chances the Cowboys won't win the NFCE for the first time in B2B yearsΒ  in almost 2 decades. Rather then some kiss of death the Eagles might suffer because Miles Sanders of all people suggested the Eagles had a All Star Team.

Hate to break it to you, he's not wrong "talent" wise. Whether that translate to success on the field in 2022 remains to be seen.Β 

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Pew pew...

Agreed.

That's fair, I do agree we generally have done better when we are slept on.

I don't think Sirianni is gonna let guys buy into the hype though. He had no qualms last training camp chewing guys out. He's not as soft on guys as I think Pederson tended to be.Β 

What is a little too confident? We have a very real chance of winning the East.Β 

If we played our starters against the Cowboys starters in the last game of the season in Philly for week 18 I am of the firm belief that we could've won that game. Our 2nd, 3rd, 4th string and practice squad players were keeping pace for most of the 1st half with the majority of the Cowboys starters playing. Dallas was playing worse ball than us in the second half of the season and that's not really debatable.Β 

We win that week 18 match-up and the Cowboys would've finished with 11 wins to our 10 wins last year.Β 

This off-season you can argue that Dallas roster got worse from last season and the Eagles probably had the best off-season on paper that I can remember since becoming a fan.

I think both Philly and Dallas is probably in the 10-12 game win range. Not saying either team couldn't finish with less than double digit wins, but that's just where I project both teams currently.

You can say that about literally any coach, they never intend for their teams to get overconfident and underperform and yet happens every time with franchises like the Eagles and Cowboys.Β 

There's a chance of winning the division, of course. But people in here are acting like it's pretty much guaranteed. A lot of posters are exaggerating the Cowboys losses and overhyping our roster. And additions/subtractions aside, we have very suspect group at HC, DC and QB. I'm not confident at all when the Cowboys have had our number for at least the last five years.Β