🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I know it’s not weird but we can’t go after any National person who isn’t sold on Hurts while also as a fanbase being unsure too.

It's not just about Hurts but who is Chris Simms to be rating any QB, really? Other then the son of a SB Champion? He was a Joke, never was as a NFL QB for 5 years. 

I mean I guess you have those who can't that end up teaching and preaching but he's a nobody IMO. His article/list looks like click bait journalism to me. Something to drum up ratings, create controversy, that's all.

51 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's not just about Hurts but who is Chris Simms to be rating any QB, really? Other then the son of a SB Champion? He was a Joke, never was as a NFL QB for 5 years. 

This is a really dumb way of thinking Nabbs. No offense. Like you really have to have had played QB at a high level in the NFL to evaluate players? I guess none of us should watch tape on upcoming QB classes then. I guess general managers and most scouts shouldn’t evaluate players.

Like I pointed out in 2018 he had a much better evaluation of the top QBs coming out that year than pretty much everyone else and that’s just a 1 year sample size. I’d have to go look back at some of his other past classes, but I think the guy knows the QB position and what to look for. Him having Lamar as the #1 QB coming out that year shows he’s not against running QBs like Hurts.

I’m sure if Jalen goes out there and has a good year throwing the ball he’ll come back to the table and own up about being wrong. He semi did that this year, but he’s still in wait and see mode which I can understand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, he’s been on the better side of his tier of analyst when it comes to the draft. Some notable misses for sure, but that was his most notable one aside from being super high on Mahomes coming out.

Think he also had Herbert as his #2 over Tua and Love in 2020. One of the few people calling Lawrence a prospect with flaws that would need time, also was a lot lower on Trey Lance…which reports outta the Niners say he’s looking real bad. Has a good track record with other positions too.

He’s definitely flawed and missed, has a type for sure which Jalen doesn’t fit, but he puts himself out there and been right big a lot. Has been the first to own up to things when proven wrong too.

There are just a long list of analysts and NFL personalities I’d call out before him. You can see he does the work and has a good hit percentage with it. 

I like Hurts getting some shade, not that he needs it, but it’ll push him. 

Agreed. I’ll pay more attention to his draft rankings for QB than I will other positions tbh. Will be interesting to see how some of his non-QB rankings turn out looking cause I know at least for this year they varied a lot from the consensus.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

... lol is the only thing to say here.

Very different players. Especially if they continue to put Parsons as a Pass Rusher. Apples and Oranges comparison really.

That said, if Dean stays healthy I do see him as the Eagles version of say Bobby Wagner, Darius Leonard or godforbid we're lucky enough a  Luke Kuechly. 

Kid is special IMO. 

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That said, if Dean stays healthy I do see him as the Eagles version of say Bobby Wagner, Darius Leonard or godforbid we're lucky enough a  Luke Kuechly. 

A little conservative, don’t you think? I was thinking Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, maybe Zach Thomas because he’s a little undersized? But his play style on the field definitely evokes Mike Singletary, Jack Lambert, Ray Nitchske, etc.

Most likely outcome is probably that he’ll be a combination of all their best traits. The only real question is when he gets his gold jacket — presumably he’ll play at least 15ish years at an HOF level, so don’t make any plans for your Augusts starting in 2042 or so, I’d say. 

• Like 2