πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

β€œModerate” lol. They’re living so rent free, too. The obsession with not giving credit is really something. At least us Dallas fans can credit Philly as a good team.

Nobody is saying Dallas is a bad team, but what makes this Dallas team different than all the other Dallas teams that got to the playoffs to get caught with their pants around their ankles?

8 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Nobody is saying Dallas is a bad team, but what makes this Dallas team different than all the other Dallas teams that got to the playoffs to get caught with their pants around their ankles?

They lost to the Niners by one possession the past two seasons. Why do we make this more than it is? Just because the Niners (who are obviously a very good team) were a bit better in both matchups that doesn’t mean Dallas choked or something. They simply weren’t the best team in the conference those 2 seasons, although they were one of the best. Can we not credit the Niners without acting like Dallas was a clown show just because they didn’t win? If they don’t have to go through the Niners this year who knows what will happen.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

You saw the Eagles game, though. Again, you shouldn’t just be dismissive of the entire picture of the game in favor of one moment where the Eagles pulled ahead only for that to reverse in favor of the Cowboys.. who caught a couple of bad breaks and fell just shy of taking the lead at the end. Obviously that was a close game, with both sides making some costly mistakes.Β 
Β 

If the team was solely reliant on defensive plays and special teams then the offense wouldn’t be one of the more productive units in the game ever since the Niners loss and their bye week where they finally got adjusted to a new OC, McCarthy calling plays, scheme change, etc. Obviously the offense has had zero problems moving the ball without the defense or special teams setting them up. The production is obviously there.. and it was obviously there against your own team when they got somewhat shredded.Β 
Β 

Regardless, it doesn’t make sense to dismiss some of the things they do very well. It doesn’t make sense to dismiss their playmakers on the defensive side of the ball, and it doesn’t make sense to dismiss Turpin as a weapon on special teams. I mean.. they have a guy at DB who has 6 interceptions this year, 4 for TDs tying an NFL record for return touchdowns. I’m not sure it’s fair to just wave off the individual playmakers they have. And again, it’s not like the Eagles haven’t had turnovers.. it’s not unfathomable to think that the playmakers for Dallas on the defensive side of the ball couldn’t take the ball from them and swing things in their favor just because the Eagles are a good team.Β 

The Eagles dumb mistakes and ****ty play calling is the only reason the game was what it was at the end. The way yall win isn't sticky or reliable. I just feel like you winning games is too reliant upon giant massive game-swinging plays from your defense. I understand you believe that your defense is elite at taking the ball away, and maybe that's true. But that, in my opinion, isn't a way to live or die.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The Eagles dumb mistakes and ****ty play calling is the only reason the game was what it was at the end. The way yall win isn't sticky or reliable. I just feel like you winning games is too reliant upon giant massive game-swinging plays from your defense. I understand you believe that your defense is elite at taking the ball away, and maybe that's true. But that, in my opinion, isn't a way to live or die.

But again, you shouldn’t just say it was only close because of the mistakes your team made while ignoring that’s part of any matchup.. and Dallas made their own mistakes through penalties, etc. You shouldn’t have a one sided look at it.Β 
Β 

Again, Dallas has not been reliant on their defense and special teams to move the ball and score. The production is very obviously there. And again, regardless of that fact, it doesn’t make sense to be dismissive of their playmakers on defense and special teams.Β 

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

You would think Dallas fans would have learned their lesson by now not to get excited by moderate regular season success.

Yeah...this guy is a bot account. Imagine arguing how good your team is and the proof is they "almost" beat the Eagles. The Cowboys cannot be taken seriously until they beat a good team. Just one good team and they can be taken slightly more seriously. I think it is pretty clear from past history and current play that this Cowboys team is going no where under Dak. He is Kirk Cousins. Looks good, can put up stats, turns into a pumpkin when it matters.Β 

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

But again, you shouldn’t just say it was only close because of the mistakes your team made while ignoring that’s part of any matchup..

This same guy is in the NFL gen crying that the Eagles only won tonight because of the Chiefs drops. But when it comes to other teams, mistakes are part of any matchup and are not to be used as excuses. Yikes.Β 

2 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

This same guy is in the NFL gen crying that the Eagles only won tonight because of the Chiefs drops. But when it comes to other teams, mistakes are part of any matchup and are not to be used as excuses. Yikes.Β 

This is so obviously disingenuous lol. I wasn’t crying about anything, and it’s obviously pretty well accepted that KC left a lot on the field, including a potential game winning score that was outright dropped. That is sort of a big deal, and the vast majority of gen was saying the same.Β 
Β 

I also didn’t say a word about mistakes being irrelevant. Seriously, nowhere here did I say it didn’t matter. I simply said that both sides made mistakes.Β 
Β 

I have straight up said that your team is good. It’s one of the best in the league without question. The fact that you think I’m trying to be anti Philly or something is cute. Dallas is obviously very rent free in your head, though.Β 

Edited by NoFlyZone

2 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Yeah...this guy is a bot account. Imagine arguing how good your team is and the proof is they "almost" beat the Eagles. The Cowboys cannot be taken seriously until they beat a good team. Just one good team and they can be taken slightly more seriously. I think it is pretty clear from past history and current play that this Cowboys team is going no where under Dak. He is Kirk Cousins. Looks good, can put up stats, turns into a pumpkin when it matters.Β 

It’s amusing that you can’t hold a differing opinion without making it about the other poster lol. All while clearly misreading and not understanding. I never said that nearly beating Philly in Philly is the indicator of Dallas being a good team. Seriously, go back and quote where I said otherwise. You clearly misunderstood.

Edited by NoFlyZone