πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

16 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Because of cliches and the fact that people love to see Dallas fail. Let’s not act like the Rams have been particularly great since 2021. That Stafford/McVay combo got punched in the mouth by Dallas already this season. They would be massive underdogs against Dallas in the playoffs.Β 

Philly punched TB in the mouth earlier this season too... But I'm not feeling too good about Philly in a potential rematch. The Rams have been heating up.

Dallas would obviously be favored because they have a better overall roster and they'll be at home. But I doubt they'd be "massive" favorites. The home team gets an automatic 3 points before everything else is considered. My guess is Dallas would be between 3.5 - 4.5 favorites.

16 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Oh sheeeet I’ve been tagged… let me get kiddos to bed and I’ll try and catch up, haha!

Β 

P.S. love you guys - been too long

LOOKATDISFAWKINGUY!!!!!

It's been a minute. Sounds like we both have kids turning our hair gray. I wish I still had the stamina to argue 7 hours per day on here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Philly punched TB in the mouth earlier this season too... But I'm not feeling too good about Philly in a potential rematch. The Rams have been heating up.

Dallas would obviously be favored because they have a better overall roster and they'll be at home. But I doubt they'd be "massive" favorites. The home team gets an automatic 3 points before everything else is considered. My guess is Dallas would be between 3.5 - 4.5 favorites.

I mean, you did just go from saying that no one would to pick Dallas in that matchup because of trusting the McVay-Stafford combo more to saying Dallas would be the favorite lol. It’d be one thing if Dallas had to go to California, but at their own place they should definitely handle business again even with the Rams playing better.

18 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean, you did just go from saying that no one would to pick Dallas in that matchup because of trusting the McVay-Stafford combo more to saying Dallas would be the favorite lol. It’d be one thing if Dallas had to go to California, but at their own place they should definitely handle business again even with the Rams playing better.

No. What I said was, "If the Rams finish as the 7 seed, they’re upsetting the Cowboys in the 1st round." Upsetting implies they're underdogs. Dallas will be the favorites according to Vegas.

I think the psychological part of it is very real when it comes to playoff football. One team has "been there, done that" and is essentially playing with house money. And the other has a QB who historically struggles in the postseason and will be under more pressure to succeed than any other playoff QB.

I think regardless of who Dallas plays, if Dallas starts off the game hot and they're firing on all cylinders, they'll win. If they have a rocky start - specifically Dak - it'll snowball for them and they won't be able to recover.

Either way, the Rams and Packers are both on a tear. Love is like 16:1 in his last 8 starts (ball parking that, didn’t look it up) and if their Def shows up, they’ll be tough to beat. I love the rematch though after the Dez-catch elimination game plus us having McCarthy. Β Rams on the other hand were 1-5 then 3-5 with Stafford injured and now are in the playoffs on a hot streak with Donald playing like his elite-self and their Rookie Cupp-lite going off. Β They definitely aren’t the same team we beat by 20-ish points earlier this year.

That being said, Dallas will be atleast a 3.5-5pt favorite at home against either team and it’ll really come down to Quinn and our Defense stepping up after losing steam and look suspect the last few weeks. Β When you let James Cook toast you for 250+ yards, it’s not a good sign heading into the playoffs.

Edited by MaddHatter
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Dak is so damn good... don't care about your bias.. I hate that its true...but it's time to admit it man. The dude is a great QB.

MM (with all his faults) deserves credit for unlocking Dak Prescott. He was a legit contender for MVP this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Dak is so damn good... don't care about your bias.. I hate that its true...but it's time to admit it man. The dude is a great QB.

You don’t get to be called great with 2 playoff wins.Β 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

But you do get to get paid $60M in 2024 or extended/Restructured to a Team "Friendly" $55M a year, $275M in the offseason though. I'm here for it. πŸ‘

Dak $55M

Lamb $30M

Parsons $32-35M

Some thoughts from an outsider looking in. I'm not trying to be critical or crap in your sand box. Just thoughts from a non-emotional standpoint. As a fan of Dallas, I have no room for being arrogant.

Siranni is not going to be fired. Not after 3 playoff appearances and a crappy penalty at the end of a SB loss.

This is Sirianni's first HC gig. Next year will be telling whether he stays or goes.

Jalen is fine. He is not the problem. If he is, he's way down the list.

Brian Johnson needs to be at least demoted from OC, if not fired.

The most obvious, it doesn't appear the Eagles made any adjustments over the season. God only knows why. Like all of you, for life of me I don't understand why no changes. I swear it look like the same 8 plays all game, every game.

Defenses catch up to offensive schemes pretty quickly. Last year you guys were killing it with the RPO. Which goes back to my previous comment.

Between a first-place schedule and the loss of so many defensive players, ya'll were in a tough spot. As the season went along it did seem they looked tired. I like Cox, I'd hate to see him go out on the negative.

Man, a lot of times, when a team starts the slide, it seems nothing goes right and goes down the crapper quickly.Β 

Good luck going forward, sorta. If you know what I mean.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Some thoughts from an outsider looking in. I'm not trying to be critical or crap in your sand box. Just thoughts from a non-emotional standpoint. As a fan of Dallas, I have no room for being arrogant.

Siranni is not going to be fired. Not after 3 playoff appearances and a crappy penalty at the end of a SB loss.

This is Sirianni's first HC gig. Next year will be telling whether he stays or goes.

Jalen is fine. He is not the problem. If he is, he's way down the list.

Brian Johnson needs to be at least demoted from OC, if not fired.

The most obvious, it doesn't appear the Eagles made any adjustments over the season. God only knows why. Like all of you, for life of me I don't understand why no changes. I swear it look like the same 8 plays all game, every game.

Defenses catch up to offensive schemes pretty quickly. Last year you guys were killing it with the RPO. Which goes back to my previous comment.

Between a first-place schedule and the loss of so many defensive players, ya'll were in a tough spot. As the season went along it did seem they looked tired. I like Cox, I'd hate to see him go out on the negative.

Man, a lot of times, when a team starts the slide, it seems nothing goes right and goes down the crapper quickly.Β 

Good luck going forward, sorta. If you know what I mean.

Β 

Β 

Heads will roll.Β  If the Eagles lose to the Bucs, and it seems more likely than not they will, then there is a good chance Sirianni is axed.Β  At the very least both coordinators will be axed and the coaching staff will look very different next year.Β  Lurie and Howie will not allow this coaching staff to come back in it's current state given I'm sure they believe they have a Super Bowl caliber roster.

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

Heads will roll.Β  If the Eagles lose to the Bucs, and it seems more likely than not they will, then there is a good chance Sirianni is axed.Β  At the very least both coordinators will be axed and the coaching staff will look very different next year.Β  Lurie and Howie will not allow this coaching staff to come back in it's current state given I'm sure they believe they have a Super Bowl caliber roster.

Outside of some kind of playoff miracle/run this was always going to occur. Question was only, One or Both.Β 

They are not firing Nick no matter how much You or any of the fan base might want it.Β 

Nick however moving forward,Β  WILL have to get approval from Howie and Lurie on the next OC/DC hires, that I am certain of. Probably have an extensive process where we lose potential great hire after hire because of it, no doubt!

Something he didn't really have to ask for before this season.

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I'd agree with you here if his numbers dropped off significantly in the postseason...but they hold up quite well to his in season averages. W/L's are a team stat. Don't get me wrong I'm totally pulling for another Dallas one and done choke job. I hope GB embarrasses them off the field and Dak throws 5 picks and we get the ever satisfying Jerry face...Β  but the dude is a stud. You know it and I know it I'm just willing to swallow my bias and admit it.Β 

• Like 2