πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Β 

200.gif?cid=790b7611xn0tqgj6a64jzgi60zqr

If Saquon stays healthy and has the season he's capable of in this offense.Β 

Joe Schoen might be fired after the season. Mara can't be happy given that video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 12:06 PM, Danger said:

Imagine going into year 6 of Daniel Jones and still thinking he could be your guy LOL

How would Daniel Jones be their guy if they were willing and wanting to trade up to get another quarterback?

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

How would Daniel Jones be their guy if they were willing and wanting to trade up to get another quarterback?

You guys passed on McCarthy, next years QB class is completely uninspiring. What's your plan?

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

If they were willing to go up they would have.Β  HBO has done a very clever job of editing ina lot of these situations.Β  Like making it seem like they were willing to match any offer on Saquon.Β  They never made an offer.Β  NE was willing to trade down, but they wanted a typical price to trade up for a franchise QB.Β  The Giants were willing to do it at "their price" which would've been below market.Β  Furthermore, McCarthy, Penix, and Nix were all available to them when they were on the clock.Β  Daniels or bust at below market cost does not say hey we tried to get a QB.Β  They clearly still want Jones to be the guy.

20 hours ago, Danger said:

You guys passed on McCarthy, next years QB class is completely uninspiring. What's your plan?

I don't know what the plan is, but the Giants on HBO have stated more than once that they were willing to trade up and were very interested in the top three quarterbacks. The GM even said Jones just has this year. That is not something you say about your quarterback if he is your guy.

20 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

NE was willing to trade down, but they wanted a typical price to trade up for a franchise QB.

The Giants are bad enough as is, you don't need to make things up to make them seem worst. The GM of NE said they were happy sitting where they are at. They are taking a QB. If they didn't have a QB they would be making the call to others to trade. He also said it would take something significant, then Schoen said it would take something crazy. Saying the Giants were only interested in a trade if was below market is simply false.Β 

It also appeared obvious to me and most other Giants fans that our GM was not interested in signing Barkley back; I have no idea where you are getting HBO edited to make it look like he would match any offer.

Edited by Go_Giants

Seems like the gameplan this year will be a more "air it out" type offense. If Jones puts up respectable passing numbers I think he will play under this contract again in 2025. With the recent QB contracts I think Jones is somewhere around 14th now in AAV and total contract value. Will fall even more after Dak signs. But from what I saw of Schoen on Hard Knocks it's his durability that is the big concern not so much lack of production. He even made a comment that Mahomes couldn't win behind this line (He totally could). If he stays healthy and the line improves (can't possibly be worse) the addition of Nabers alone will results in an improved offense. I think this is Daniels last chance to prove he can be that guy. It's unlikely a guy has a 6th season breakout but it has happened before. If not probably looking at Beck, Ewers, or Milroe

Are the Giants that bad? I'm a bit surprised by these comments by their fans. I thought this could be the year they could be good or at least surprise a lot of teams. I would say playoffs but since it is 7 teams now, it doesn't necessarily the same thing any more.Β 

35 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Are the Giants that bad? I'm a bit surprised by these comments by their fans. I thought this could be the year they could be good or at least surprise a lot of teams. I would say playoffs but since it is 7 teams now, it doesn't necessarily the same thing any more.Β 

Team is only one year removed from a playoff win so it's possible they could contend again. Talent wise I actually think they are better then the 2022 roster. Problem is the schedule. DecentΒ chance they start 2-0 with wins over Minny and Wash then it gets pretty rough for a stretch with 3 Primetime games which they seem to never play well in. @ Browns, Cowboys, @ Seattle, Bengals and Eagles. Possible they go 2-5 in that stretch. High end I think 7-9 wins is possible I'm more in the 5-7 range. But I'd love to eat some crow.Β 

16 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Team is only one year removed from a playoff win so it's possible they could contend again. Talent wise I actually think they are better then the 2022 roster. Problem is the schedule. DecentΒ chance they start 2-0 with wins over Minny and Wash then it gets pretty rough for a stretch with 3 Primetime games which they seem to never play well in. @ Browns, Cowboys, @ Seattle, Bengals and Eagles. Possible they go 2-5 in that stretch. High end I think 7-9 wins is possible I'm more in the 5-7 range. But I'd love to eat some crow.Β 

Just beat the Cowboys please.

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Their offense outside of Nabers is going to be putrid.