🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

23 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Daniel jones might’ve been a franchise QB if he was drafted by the cowboys instead of the giants

everything wrong with Daniel jones is what’s wrong with the giants. 

I mean the fans say saquon is a bust

at some point the franchise is the problem. As hilarious as jones is he’s not talentless. He has a nice arm, surprising athleticism, good size.

Patriots defensive players have talked about the role the offensive line, defense and situational greatness played in Tom Brady’s development. 

I mean to an extent I certainly agree.  Tom Brady wasn't even the Tom Brady we know for the most part until a few years deep into the Patriots dynasty.  You certainly can't create talent out of thin air, but you can certainly ruin it.  There's been enough examples of this throughout history.  Would Alex Smith's career have been different if he didn't go #1 and fell to the Packers? Would AR-12 become an MVP caliber player if he was selected by the 49ers? Steve Young failed with Tampa and then became one of the greatest QB's of all time in SF.  Jones is a situation where it was a questionable pick even at the time he was taken.  I definitely think that there is something to taking a QB that has had success at the college level.  Jones started a lot of games, but was mostly a mixed bag.  I just don't think the ceiling was ever there for him.

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

You had me till you said this garbage. No Giant fans said Saquan is a bust, we have said he is a bad fit for our team and we can lose just as much without him.  If Saquan was on the Giants, we would lose 28-9 instead of 28-6.

I don't think he's a bad fit for any team.  Outside of run CMC there isn't a more complete back in the league imo.  And if you say that you want to give Daniel Jones a chance to be your franchise QB, wouldn't giving him one of the best RB's in the league help him achieve that? Especially coming off major injury? I get that the offensive line needed work, but why couldn't the Giants do both? I don't see a scenario where letting Barkley walk is a good thing for the Giants unless he clearly was a shell of himself.  Time will tell, but he looked good week 1.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I don't think he's a bad fit for any team.  Outside of run CMC there isn't a more complete back in the league imo.  And if you say that you want to give Daniel Jones a chance to be your franchise QB, wouldn't giving him one of the best RB's in the league help him achieve that? Especially coming off major injury? I get that the offensive line needed work, but why couldn't the Giants do both? I don't see a scenario where letting Barkley walk is a good thing for the Giants unless he clearly was a shell of himself.  Time will tell, but he looked good week 1.

Again, he never said he was a bad running back or a shell of himself. The Giants are far more than Barkley away from being a good team. When they become a good team, they should invest heavily in a running back. Time will tell if Barkley can remain healthy or not, but there has never been a question about his talent.

Promising rookie season and 22 felt like a breakout. But in the end he's a bust. I held out hope he could turn the corner but this week was the breaking point for me. Now my concern is the injury clause in his contract. Because if he gets hurt and can't pass a physical next March their on the hook for 12M plus the 23M in guaranteed. If it was me I'd give him this Washington game and if he stinks it up again move on to Lock and keep DJ in bubble wrap.

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Promising rookie season and 22 felt like a breakout. But in the end he's a bust. I held out hope he could turn the corner but this week was the breaking point for me. Now my concern is the injury clause in his contract. Because if he gets hurt and can't pass a physical next March their on the hook for 12M plus the 23M in guaranteed. If it was me I'd give him this Washington game and if he stinks it up again move on to Lock and keep DJ in bubble wrap.

I don't even think he gets the full game. If what he did this past week continues into week 2, I think he's benched at halftime and that will be the last we see of him. Dabs and Schoen need to have some self-preservation.

I don't feel bad for him, but it's kind of a shame that Jones has only got WORSE since he signed that deal. Like, 2022 he was actually good in his first year with Dabs. He didn't light up the stat sheet, but he was accurate and created plays by himself with a very poor supporting cast. The idea was that he finally got some offensive competence, he'll finally get some offensive continuity, and he'll continue to improve. Instead 2023 week 1 happened, the entire OL got hurt, he got crunched and hurt his neck, played badly, tore his ACL, and has only played worse since. He's cooked. Like, you can be a Daniel Jones hater, and most people are, and still be surprised at how bad he was week 1. He looked like Zach Wilson. -0.46 EPA/play in week 1. Something like -25% CPOE. Just unfathomably bad. And maybe the craziest part is that the OL pass protected really well!

• Like 1