πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No youre not. I havent whined at all since the Falcons game. Im too dejected. I just wanted to point out Zeke said the same exact thing, that this is what he wanted, and a lot (not all) of people are more better informed because of how he handled that. That better information has had a better impression on Zeke. Like I said, that was always his intent and the NFLPA's intent. You tried to tell me otherwise. You argued it a lot. Zeke has just confirmed it.Β 

Β 

No matter your opinion on Zeke, I was right and you were wrong. So nanny nanny boo boo.Β 

I no shape or form have you been right about any of this.Β 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I no shape or form have you been right about any of this.Β 

Dude. My argument was that Zeke wanted this to be public and he thought getting the details out there would be beneficial. You said the opposite. Zeke just came out and said his goal, what he is most happy about, was that he got all the details out in the public.Β 

This isnt even a debate. I was 100% right. You were absolutely wrong. Any claim to the opposite is just you be obstinate.Β 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude. My argument was that Zeke wanted this to be public and he thought getting the details out there would be beneficial. You said the opposite. Zeke just came out and said his goal, what he is most happy about, was that he got all the details out in the public.Β 

This isnt even a debate. I was 100% right. You were absolutely wrong. Any claim to the opposite is just you be obstinate.Β 

No you aren't, because it wasn't beneficial at all.Β Β 

So let me just get a few things straight:

1. Zeke's primary goal was to get the information out
  2. The NFL's investigative report was released on 8/31/2017 as part of the NFLPAs lawsuit. As of this day, all new information was released.Β 
  3. Based on your hypothesis and what Zeke is expecting us to believe, his primary goal should have been achieved on 8/31/2017.Β 
  4. On the same day that all of the new information was released (8/31/2017), Zeke's lawyers filed a petition to vacate the potential arbitration decision in the U.S. District of the Eastern District of Texas.
  5. On 9/8/2017, the Judge in theΒ U.S. District of the Eastern District of Texas grants Zeke the injunction that allows him to play. No new information in the case is released.
  6. On 9/15/2017, the NFL files a motion to stay the injunction in the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans.Β 
  7. On 10/12/2017, theΒ 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans vacates the preliminary injunction and effectively reinstates the suspension.Β 
  8. On 10/13/2017, Zeke's lawyers file a motion requesting the full court review from theΒ 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans to recall the mandate that allows the NFL to suspend Zeke.Β No new information in the case is released.
  9. On 10/16/2017, Zeke's lawyers file for a motion in the Southern District of New York.Β No new information in the case is released.
  10. On 10/17/2017, the judge in theΒ Southern District of New York granted Zeke a temporary restraining order which allowed him to continue playing. On the same day, theΒ 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans denies Zeke the motion to recall the NFL's mandate. In both cases, no new information in the case is released.
  11. On 10/30/2017, theΒ judge in the Southern District of New York returns from vacation and denies Zeke the request for a temporary injunction.Β No new information in the case is released.
  12. On 11/9/2017, the 2nd US Court of Appeals in New York denied Zeke's motion for an injunction and reinstated his suspension immediately.Β No new information in the case is released.

If Zeke's primary goal was to just get the information out, why didn't he stop on 8/31?Β 

I would argue that Zeke's primary goal wasn't to get the information out. His primary goal was to beat this suspension. And that effort failed.Β 

Zeke and his legal team exhausted all possible legal avenues. It likely became clear to Zeke's lawyers as it was clear to most that the Supreme Court of the United States wouldn't take this case.Β 

Edited by RollEagles

No Zeke's goal was to get the decision overturned, not serve a suspension, and clear his name. It was not "to get this public". He just realized Supreme LeaderΒ Goodell was going to win either way at this point and even if he were to go through another appeal it'd only save him 2 games at most. He stopped fighting the fight and just ate the suspension, backpedalling stating that he did not actually do what he has been accused of. Whether or not he was guilty, it was the wisest decision he could have made at this point.

48 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No you aren't, because it wasn't beneficial at all.Β Β 

Thats an opinion - there isnt really away to measure if it was beneficial.

The fact is that it was Zeke and the NFLPAs intent to keep it in the public spotlight. That is a fact that is now confirmed. Its a fact that I argued you. A fact which I was right.Β 

31 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

So let me just get a few things straight:

1. Zeke's primary goal was to get the information out
  2. The NFL's investigative report was released on 8/31/2017 as part of the NFLPAs lawsuit. As of this day, all new information was released.Β 
  3. Based on your hypothesis and what Zeke is expecting us to believe, his primary goal should have been achieved on 8/31/2017.Β 
  4. On the same day that all of the new information was released (8/31/2017), Zeke's lawyers filed a petition to vacate the potential arbitration decision in the U.S. District of the Eastern District of Texas.
  5. On 9/8/2017, the Judge in theΒ U.S. District of the Eastern District of Texas grants Zeke the injunction that allows him to play. No new information in the case is released.
  6. On 9/15/2017, the NFL files a motion to stay the injunction in the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans.Β 
  7. On 10/12/2017, theΒ 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans vacates the preliminary injunction and effectively reinstates the suspension.Β 
  8. On 10/13/2017, Zeke's lawyers file a motion requesting the full court review from theΒ 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans to recall the mandate that allows the NFL to suspend Zeke.Β No new information in the case is released.
  9. On 10/16/2017, Zeke's lawyers file for a motion in the Southern District of New York.Β No new information in the case is released.
  10. On 10/17/2017, the judge in theΒ Southern District of New York granted Zeke a temporary restraining order which allowed him to continue playing. On the same day, theΒ 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans denies Zeke the motion to recall the NFL's mandate. In both cases, no new information in the case is released.
  11. On 10/30/2017, theΒ judge in the Southern District of New York returns from vacation and denies Zeke the request for a temporary injunction.Β No new information in the case is released.
  12. On 11/9/2017, the 2nd US Court of Appeals in New York denied Zeke's motion for an injunction and reinstated his suspension immediately.Β No new information in the case is released.

If Zeke's primary goal was to just get the information out, why didn't he stop on 8/31?Β 

I would argue that Zeke's primary goal wasn't to get the information out. His primary goal was to beat this suspension. And that effort failed.Β 

Zeke and his legal team exhausted all possible legal avenues. It likely became clear to Zeke's lawyers as it was clear to most that the Supreme Court of the United States wouldn't take this case.Β 

I didnt read all this, but I assume because point 1 is wrong the whole post is based on a faulty premise. What I said was that keeping this in the public spotlight to clear his name was THE SECOND BEST CASE SCENARIO. That if would be unable to get the suspension overturned, the next best case scenario was to drag this through the public eye to clear his name (from zekes prospective) and to make the NFL look bad (the NFLPA's perspective).Β 

All of the things I just wrote are factually true and the intent of the NFLPA/Zeke as confirmed by his letter.Β 

So I am not sure if your post relates to mine or not, but there ya go

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@Matts4313Β You can't really reply this to me, and then in the next response say whether it was beneficial was an opinion.Β Β 

Do you even remember the argument? You said you thought it was dumb to keep this public. I said he is 100% doing it on purpose. You responded that would be stupid and that most people would disagree that he wants a public battle.Β 

Β 

The letter now says he wanted a public battle. I was right. I dont even understand how this can be argued. Its not my opinion anymore. It was my opinion when I speculated it, but now that its confirmed, its not an indisputable fact.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I didnt read all this, but I assume because point 1 is wrong the whole post is based on a faulty premise. What I said was that keeping this in the public spotlight to clear his name was THE SECOND BEST CASE SCENARIO. That if would be unable to get the suspension overturned, the next best case scenario was to drag this through the public eye to clear his name (from zekes prospective) and to make the NFL look bad (the NFLPA's perspective).Β 

All of the things I just wrote are factually true and the intent of the NFLPA/Zeke as confirmed by his letter.Β 

So I am not sure if your post relates to mine or not, but there ya go

1. Ok I missed where you said it would be the 2nd best scenario.Β 
  2. Did Zeke clear is name? Is it a fact that Zeke cleared his name?
  3. Sure, the process makes the NFL look bad.Β 
  4. Are you really taking a letter from Zeke's lawyers and waving it around to claim it is a fact? Do you honestly believe that every statement from a lawyer is a fact?Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Do you even remember the argument? You said you thought it was dumb to keep this public. I said he is 100% doing it on purpose. You responded that would be stupid and that most people would disagree that he wants a public battle.Β 

Β 

The letter now says he wanted a public battle. I was right. I dont even understand how this can be argued. Its not my opinion anymore. It was my opinion when I speculated it, but now that its confirmed, its not an indisputable fact.Β 

I have no idea what you're talking about.Β  I've been saying since the summer that he would 100% be suspended for 6 games and that he had zero chance of reducing it.Β  I said that fighting it in court was futile because of this.Β  I've said multiple times I think its annoying having to repeatedly hear about this on the radio and read about it online.Β  I've said it was a distraction for the Cowboys this year multiple time.Β  I've said that not having him for the end of the season was much worse than not having him for the beginning of the year.Β  I don't really know what you're referring to.Β  And I still fail to see how any of this was beneficial to Elliot or the Cowboys.