πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

@Jeff_McLane on Twitter:

Top Ten NFL teams in wins, including playoffs, since 2000: 1. Patriots 233 2. Steelers 197 3. Colts 191 4. Packers 187 5. Eagles 187 6. Ravens 176 7. Seahawks 172 8. Broncos 171 9. Saints 160 10. Giants 157. #Eagles are the only team w/o a Super Bowl over that span.

We need to change this soon.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

i disagree completely.Β 

Seriously though, what kind of jokes would rival fans even be able to come up with if/when Eagles win a Super Bowl? The "check the trophy case" responseΒ is the default trash talk when all other facts don't lend to their narratives.

9 minutes ago, 808 said:

Seriously though, what kind of jokes would rival fans even be able to come up with if/when Eagles win a Super Bowl? The "check the trophy case" responseΒ is the default trash talk when all other facts don't lend to their narratives.

Β 

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/11/14/16650414/byron-marshall-redskins-eagles-practice-squad-philadelphia-running-back-wide-receiver-oregon-ducks

TheΒ Philadelphia EaglesΒ have lost one of their 10-man practice squad members. Running backΒ Byron MarshallΒ has signed to theΒ Redskins’ 53-man roster, according to a report fromΒ Master Tesfatsion. Washington needed more help at running back withΒ Rob KelleyΒ injured.

Marshall, 23, originally signed with the Eagles as an undrafted rookie free agent following the 2016 NFL Draft. Philly waived him in final cuts but he signed to the practice squad and was later promoted to the active roster. Marshall appeared in three games with the Eagles last season.

With the Eagles being thin at running back, it seemed like Marshall had a chance to make the 53-man roster this year. He certainly outplayed 2017 fourth-round pickΒ Donnel Pumphrey, but the Eagles cut him and brought him back on the practice squad again. Now he’s gone.

Β 

What can you guys tell me about him?

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/11/14/16650414/byron-marshall-redskins-eagles-practice-squad-philadelphia-running-back-wide-receiver-oregon-ducks

TheΒ Philadelphia EaglesΒ have lost one of their 10-man practice squad members. Running backΒ Byron MarshallΒ has signed to theΒ Redskins’ 53-man roster, according to a report fromΒ Master Tesfatsion. Washington needed more help at running back withΒ Rob KelleyΒ injured.

Marshall, 23, originally signed with the Eagles as an undrafted rookie free agent following the 2016 NFL Draft. Philly waived him in final cuts but he signed to the practice squad and was later promoted to the active roster. Marshall appeared in three games with the Eagles last season.

With the Eagles being thin at running back, it seemed like Marshall had a chance to make the 53-man roster this year. He certainly outplayed 2017 fourth-round pickΒ Donnel Pumphrey, but the Eagles cut him and brought him back on the practice squad again. Now he’s gone.

Β 

What can you guys tell me about him?

I was in the minority, but I thought coming out of pre season that he should have been our third running back behind Blount and Sproles. I really wanted him. He doesn't do anything spectacularly well, but I think he does everything proficiently from what I recall. Was fairly consistent.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I was in the minority, but I thought coming out of pre season that he should have been our third running back behind Blount and Sproles. I really wanted him. He doesn't do anything spectacularly well, but I think he does everything proficiently from what I recall. Was fairly consistent.

Does he return kicks?Β  We used to have Chris Thompson return but he's become too valuable to us to use him that way.Β  We haven't found an adequate replacement.Β Β 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Does he return kicks?Β  We used to have Chris Thompson return but he's become too valuable to us to use him that way.Β  We haven't found an adequate replacement.Β Β 

A few kicks in college, but his strength by the numbers in college was pass catching from what it would seem.

Β  Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Oregon Β  Β  Β  Β  307 1877 6.1 19 97 1293 13.3 8 404 3170
*2012 Oregon Pac-12 FR RB 11 87 447 5.1 4 1 14 14.0 0 88 461 5.2 4
*2013 Oregon Pac-12 SO RB 12 168 1038 6.2 14 13 155 11.9 0 181 1193 6.6 14
*2014 Oregon Pac-12 JR RB 15 52 392 7.5 1 74 1003 13.6 6 126 1395 11.1 7
*2015 Oregon Pac-12 SR WR 4 0 0 Β  0 9 121 13.4 2 9 121 13.4 2

Β 

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Only gonna back your guy on the up weeks eh?

Nothing has changed on my opinion regarding Dak. But after a loss like that, you kinda have to sit in the corner and think about your life choices. The fact that weve had 2 beatdowns and Lee is gone just tells me this is a likely a lost season and it would be dumb to argue any different.Β 

I hope I am wrong. But I dont see our defense stopping anyone without Lee. Offensively I think we will recover.Β