πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

On a scale of Wentz to Haul, what's your confidence for our match up?

I put is squarely at "oh ish, you dun effed up dropping the soap". We are going to be walking bow legged.Β 

But then again, we did almost beat you guys with Jon Kitna once. So who knows? I feel like weve owned you guys for a while now. Im not sure if that means we will continue to own you or if it means karma is going to slap us silly.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I put is squarely at "oh ish, you dun effed up dropping the soap". We are going to be walking bow legged.Β 

But then again, we did almost beat you guys with Jon Kitna once. So who knows? I feel like weve owned you guys for a while now. Im not sure if that means we will continue to own you or if it means karma is going to slap us silly.

Divisional games all logic goes out the window, but if you guys don't have Tyron Smith I think I will legitimately be worried about Dak's ability to stay alive for four quarters of football.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

I cant remember if I shared this factoid with yall:

So clearly weve owned the East, duh, thats just history. But heres the interesting stat - The Giants have 4 superbowls. The Redskins have 3. But the Eagles actually have the best winning percentage of the 3 teams against us. We are still up, head to head all time. But you guys have statistically been our most challenging rival.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Divisional games all logic goes out the window, but if you guys don't have Tyron Smith I think I will legitimately be worried about Dak's ability to stay alive for four quarters of football.

You already killed my Romo. Im not ready for Dak to be an announcer.Β 

One thing I dont see being talked about much is Dallas (specifically Garrett, Linnehan, and Dak) just being completely unable to adapt and adjust their gameplan.Β 

The coaching staff literally knew all week that Smith would be out. WHY did they not even attempt to help out Green? I mean they have one of the better blocking TEs in the game! AND yet they still left Green on an island all alone all game long, sack after sack.Β 

And I think Dak needs to stop being babied and take some heat for his performance. Remember on TNF against Carolina when we didnt have Lane and their front 7 was destroying our right side? Carson began changing plays at the LOS, adjusting his play to avoid the Carolina pass rushers, who were beating Vatai like a drum.Β 

One of my biggest knocks on Dak has always been that he isnt a QB who will win you games when he has to by himself. When he doesnt have 8 guys in the box and time to stand in the pocket and throw it to a wide open receiver, he looked lost out there. I mean that doesnt mean that he wont ever be a good QB or even that he wont win a SB. But he is more Alex Smith than Brady.Β 

And the Dallas FO needs to one day learn about this word called "depth". The fact that theyre STILL this dependent on Sean Lee,Β  who shows that he cant stay on the field year after year after year, just reflects really poorly on their ability to scout players and consistently draft and sign starting caliber guys.

Β 

Β 

Edited by BAConrad

2 hours ago, eagles18 said:

IF Halapoulivaati Vaitai continues to ball out, what happens with the line? IMO we have to bring back peters until he retires, especially with how dominant he was pre-injury. Lane Johnson deserves to be LT and Vaitai will deserve a starting spot but he may just have to wait his turnΒ 

HeΒ΄s not balling out. HeΒ΄s been serviceable, sometimes good but not so much in the run game. Carson did well stepping up in the pocket last game when he was beat, but IΒ΄m still waiting for the other shoe to drop with him in the lineup for an extended period of time.

So we're nearing the end of this decade.Β  Who do you think willΒ be the NFC East all decade team for 2011-2020?

Contenders:

QB - Tony Romo and Eli Manning are probably well entrenched as front runners.Β  Wentz, Dak or Cousins would have to do something big like win a few Superbowls or something to overtake them.Β Β 

HB - I'm doing this from memory, but is it crazy that I can't really think of a dominant RB from this division this decade?Β  Lesean McCoy?Β  Alfred Morris?Β  Ezekiel Elliot might be it if he has a few more dominant years.Β Β 

TE - Witten probably has this wrapped up.Β Β 

WR - Desean Jackson, Dez Bryant, Pierre Garcon, Odell Beckham Jr.Β  Probably a lot to choose from.Β Β 

OT - Trent Williams, Jason Peters, Tyron Smith.Β  Take your pick.Β Β 

OG - This one is tough to remember without going back and looking at old rosters.Β 

Β 

DE - I would think Trent Cole and JPP would get consideration.Β  Although Cole only played for the Eagles until 2014.Β  Osi Umenyiora only played for the Giants until 2012.Β Β 

DT - Fletcher Cox, Damon Harrison?Β  I'm kinda drawing a blank on this one too.Β 

OLB - Ryan Kerrigan?Β  This one's hard too.Β  The Giants Lbers always suck.Β  The Eagles went back and forth from 3-4 to 4-3, so depends on where you want to put players.Β  I might be forgetting some really good players here but drawing a blank.Β Β 

MLB - London Fletcher was only with the Redskins until 2013.Β  Sean Lee?Β  Dude is always injured though.Β Β 

CB - DRC?Β  Josh Norman?Β  Janoris Jenkins?Β  Feels like most of the NFC East has struggled at CB for the majority of the decade.Β Β 

S - Antrel Rolle?Β  Malcolm Jenkins?Β  Again feels like a pretty weak position here.Β Β 

Β 

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, hard to remember all the players the past decade from the other teams.Β  Feel free to shout out other player that should garner consideration.Β Β